Sign in to follow this  
rob169

New update from PMDG / Rob Randazzo!

@DrumsArt, you were unlucky. It’s not unusual when a new version of something is released those who bought the old version within a few months were given some dispensation. :sad:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

26 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@DrumsArt, you were unlucky. It’s not unusual when a new version of something is released those who bought the old version within a few months were given some dispensation. :sad:

Thank you Ray (sorry I called you "Rob"), maybe I'll send an email to PMDG and wait for their answer...For the moment, I haven't made a decision yet.

Just downloading P3Dv5.

Richard.

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

57 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

I just read about the problem with the portability of the NGX in P3Dv5.

So, I bought the NGX once for FSX (base+600/700).

Then I bought a second time the same for P3Dv4 at a special PMDG discount, a first in history to my knowledge (thank you for that). It was August 13, 2019!

Now I see that I should go back to the checkout for a new version that does not interest me for the good reason that PMDG does not want to do a new installer...

:laugh:My state of mind is that I'm finally not very surprised...Cough, cough...Never again with that!

Richard.

Exactly. I am not going to buy the same product a third time. 

• Like 3

Lukas Dalton

8 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Thank you Ray (sorry I called you "Rob"), maybe I'll send an email to PMDG and wait for their answer...For the moment, I haven't made a decision yet.

Just downloading P3Dv5.

Richard.

i answer to anything. 😁 Good luck, can't do any harm.

I also suspect some clever person will come up with a way of running the NGX in v5. PMDG never said it wasn't possible.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

39 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

i answer to anything. 😁 Good luck, can't do any harm.

I also suspect some clever person will come up with a way of running the NGX in v5. PMDG never said it wasn't possible.

That's what I'm hoping. I never bought the NGXu because, from my perspective also, it's not sufficiently different from the NGX to warrant the hefty price tag. I can understand why PMDG are doing what they are doing, they have to make a profit. If it's a question of not being willing to support the product any more then I hope they won't object if someone else develops their own method to port it over, so long as it doesn't interfere with other PMDG aircraft. If PMDG build their v5 operations centre to prevent this then that would be pretty bad IMO.

Just now, simfan1983 said:

That's what I'm hoping. I never bought the NGXu because, from my perspective also, it's not sufficiently different from the NGX to warrant the hefty price tag. I can understand why PMDG are doing what they are doing, they have to make a profit. If it's a question of not being willing to support the product any more then I hope they won't object if someone else develops their own method to port it over, so long as it doesn't interfere with other PMDG aircraft. If PMDG build their v5 operations centre to prevent this then that would be pretty bad IMO.

They've said they wont prevent it being done, just that they won't facilitate it, or provide any support (including licencing problems).

I don't expect any additional features for free and I'm happy not to ask PMDG for any technical support with the original NGX when its installed (I have never asked for any PMDG support ever actually), but really, not updating a legacy installer for v5?  Even a small charge for the installer work would be acceptable, Come on...  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

36 minutes ago, simfan1983 said:

Weird that in the Jetstream 4100 case it was prohibited to try porting it over to P3D, probably because it was a port over from FSX...

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

46 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

...but really, not updating a legacy installer for v5?  Even a small charge for the installer work would be acceptable, Come on...  

It does seem extremely petty. For a small effort (extremely small) it would bring a great deal of goodwill from customers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It does seem extremely petty. For a small effort (extremely small) it would bring a great deal of goodwill from customers.

Agreed, especially given the current situation. Lots of people are relying on flightsim to get them through what for myself is a 12 week total lockdown. Their sales must be benefiting hugely from recent developments, it hardly seems the time to be petty. It also could be counter productive because if they make the NGX usable I for one would be far more inclined to buy more of their newer products. I haven't got the 777 yet and am still on the fence.

Edited by simfan1983
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

but really, not updating a legacy installer for v5?  Even a small charge for the installer work would be acceptable, Come on...  

Although the situation has changed. Their update yesterday said they found there is actually development work to be done to make the products compatible with v5, so it's more than just an updated installer for a legacy product. Just saying.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I’m still word not allowed that they dropped all interest in the MD11.

Matt Wilson

14 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I’m still word not allowed that they dropped all interest in the MD11.

Yeah, me too. Fascinating plane was that.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2