Sign in to follow this  
Rob_Ainscough

MSFS and Xbox game pass

Posted (edited)

1 second guys, I'll pitch in to this topic after I pay my monthly fee for accessing bing/google maps - oh wait.

Who am I kidding, I'm getting it on game pass anyway lol. Still cheaper than P3D (not to mention addons)

Edited by suncoastflyer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Daniel Glover

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

5 hours ago, alepro21 said:

Please don’t get me wrong: I’d be pleasantly surprised if MS makes all this for free once people spent $100 on the base application. I just don’t think it’s a sustainable business model, unless MS finds a way to charge users regularly. 

I am not sure that FS20 can be isolated as a profit center. It will be an element of a two-fold business model : MS sell games as standalones on one side and on the other side rent the access to a portfolio of 100 not so shabby games with a yearly price equivalent to two AAA games (120 USD). I bet many simmers will be attracted by the second solution instead of just buying the sim. You may say « not me » but numbers will tilt the scale on the other direction (speculation, I know, but reasonable speculation). Why force a subscription into our throats when people will happily go for it.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 - Prepar3D v3 on a 4770 @ 4.4 GHz and a 1080 @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals -

Posted (edited)

I think Covid-19 will put a dent in MSFS numbers and the XBOX Series X by the time they are released the world will have changed, from the jobs perspective the holiday industry is facing total collapse for 2020 some airlines may disappear, and company's are already filing for bankruptcy.    

As for streaming I do think you will need game pass for this, but not to purchase the sim we know you can run it in 3 modes streaming in real time being the most detailed. 

A one off sale of MSFS may not generate the income required for future investment , it`s not going to generate the number`s that big game titles do we know that. 

Edited by G-RFRY

i9 10900K\ASUS APEX MB \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB C Drive \ 2+1TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3600MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ 4TB Portable Drive\P3DV5

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Posted (edited)

@Rob_Ainscough is making fun of us guys.

Just look, 6 pages of nothing and @Rob_Ainscough makes an apparition ones in a while and makes it start all over like he doesn't understand anything. This can only be a joke, or @Rob_Ainscough is a real troll. 

Can't we just erase all of this ?

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Is it?  If you believe that, then ask MS/Asobo yourself point blank ... remember according to you and others, MS/Asobo are being very "open and transparent" so I'm sure they wouldn't mind answering your question ... and make sure you distinguish Online mode (streaming terrain data) vs. Offline mode (LC only). 

Personally I think the XBOX Game Pass is a great bargain for $9.99/mo or the XBOX Game Pass unlimited $14.99/mo, you get 100's of games including MSFS for a relatively cheap rental price.  Don't really understand why it's a big deal to rent games?

Cheers, Rob.

because some ppl don’t care to pay for a subscription and are happy with just a handful of games, I’m guessing...

Just lock the topic and be done with it.

Rob is wrong, we know it. He doesn't and is incapable of admitting it. This topic was the test bed to see how many were actually informed and i think we passed it.

Comparisons with P3D are equally nonsense. P3D is old, so is its technology as much as you can polish a t. They have worked on it, sure. But it is still based on ESP and the reworks are not comparable with everything MSFS is packed with. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

let us look at it from a different perspective guys, shall we?

what (IF) MS is simulating the planet (earth) including all possible live things (weather, traffic (air+sea+land+space), environment, water currents ... etc) and adding MSFS on top of it as a marketing strategy for selling simulated (planet EARTH) just like what they originally did for Hololens then they adopted it for MSFS? (things evolve with time, money and bright thinking)

I mean, think about it, it can be used (planet EARTH) for any other kind of games, wars, fighting, Trains, Trucks, Car races, Farming, Hiking, sky diving, sea diving, civil engineering, military and so on, you literally have the world between your hands, all you have to do is just call MS, so in this case MSFS single payment makes perfect since for what is to be the main purpose (selling planet EARTH).

for me, I will get it what ever they require me to pay (one time or monthly subscription), for that quality? I wouldn't miss it for the world.

however, some people here think that it is too good to believe to have such great graphic quality for one time payment, and no single word from them on any of the beautiful episodes (7 each so far) that were released so far because we are just not used to the idea yet, we are used to pay for each fragment of land, weather, lights and so on just to make the thing look right to be used, you can see for your self, when that horrible video for P3D V5 night light appeared, some went attacking and criticizing the video loader website and asking them to use 3rd party products first before loading such horrible video, in the other hand they are marketing the genius use of DX12 and new TrueSky thing, it just puzzles me.

Regards.

Edited by penta_a

Ali A.

PC: I7 4770K @ 4.6 GHz | ASUS Z87-Pro MB | Samsung 49" Curved Monitor | ASUS GTX1080 Ti OC | Intel 256GB x 2  SSD | WD x 2 HD for data and backups | Corsair H110 CPU Cooler | 16GB DDR3 RAM | TrackIR V5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhion | Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Main Simulator: MSFS

Additional simulators: X-Plane 11, FSX, FSX-SE, FSW, P3D V5 .

Add ons for P3D V5; (Orbx FTX Global + Victor + OLC EU + NA+HD Trees, TE GBS, LOWI, Barcelona CityScene), FSGUNG2020, ASP3D, UT Live, EZCA3, FSFX Packages 737+777+787, PMDG 737+777+747, QW 787, FSL A320X, Majestic -8, A2A C172.

47 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

This topic was the test bed to see how many were actually informed and i think we passed it.

Actually made me happy to see how many level-headed individuals we have that keep themselves informed. 

• Like 3

8700K Delid @ 5GHz | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (2004) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

9 hours ago, alepro21 said:

Please don’t get me wrong: I’d be pleasantly surprised if MS makes all this for free once people spent $100 on the base application.

I said in in a number of other threads already:

A very popular financial model in other games is a market place. Flight simming seems like a perfect fit in that regard.

People are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for skins in other games. In FS you could individualize your plane with liveries, cockpit textures, gimmicks, technical improvements and so on ... But also full-grown addons. MS will take a cut on every transaction. From 3PDs as well as between users.

Especially in a market full of adults, willing to spend hundreds of dollars per year, this is worth gold. This way, the ones who want to buy, finance the streaming services. The streaming services will in turn attract new people and keep the market big. It all fits together pretty neatly.

• Like 4

Want to improve control sensitivity in MSFS?
► Upvote official bug report: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flight-control-sensitivity/184445

12 hours ago, nikita said:

Oh my bad, i was a bit heated at the moment and didn't understand you correctly. See my "i feel like i'm taking crazy pills" comment.

OK, no problem, my english is not very good :-)

3 hours ago, Noooch said:

@Rob_Ainscough is making fun of us guys.

Just look, 6 pages of nothing and @Rob_Ainscough makes an apparition ones in a while and makes it start all over like he doesn't understand anything. This can only be a joke, or @Rob_Ainscough is a real troll. 

Can't we just erase all of this ?

This does not apply. This thread was cut out of another one. Rob's contribution was chosen as the starting point which was off topic there (as were all the others to follow, including mine). So he did NOT open this topic himself (and also the title was NOT chosen by him but by a mod).

I think fairness requires this note.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

Prepar3d Professional v4+5, AeroflyFS2, XP11; Beta tester of SimStarter, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 /  XTOP/Saitek hardware panel / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

11 minutes ago, pmb said:

This does not apply. This thread was cut out of another one. Rob's contribution was chosen as the starting point which was off topic there (as were all the others to follow, including mine). So he did NOT open this topic himself (and also the title was NOT chosen by him but by a mod).

I think fairness requires this note.

Kind regards, Michael

Why on earth can an admin have the idea to open such an inconsistent thread based on misinformation?

29 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Why on earth can an admin have the idea to open such an inconsistent thread based on misinformation?

Said moderator wanted to keep this discussion out of the Prepar3D forum, this is their post after the posts were moved in here.

As for blatant misinformation being allowed to keep going on and on, this isn't the first time...

• Like 1

I'm not going to get deep into this discussion.  Simply the future flight simulator community is divided into three groups.  The pros who are real life pilots, the enthusiasts, and the amateurs more interested in the game side of the simulator.  Microsoft's clearly stated goal is to democratize the genre and also appeal to this third category much more important in number than the first two.  They will not put obstacles by a subscription.  Because I don't see amateurs playing in easy mode to see their houses paying a subscription for that.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I9-9900K / 64G - 3333Mhz / RTX 2080ti AMP! Edition / 2T NMVE 970EVO+ / 512G NMVE 970 PRO / 2T 960 PRO / Oculus Rift CV1 / X56 Hotas

11 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I feel the same. Around that time I was feeling very frustrated with the slow overall progress and was wondering if flight simulation would ever get the modern treatment it deserved so badly. And out of nowhere came this trailer which blew me away and felt like the renaissance of flight simulators. And since then Asobo keep impressing with the amount of attention to detail, passion and love they're pouring into the simulator. But it's too bad some people feel they should spread misinformation and uncertainty to bring it down, in favour of platforms that slowed down progress to a crawl over the last decade or so...

I agree 100% with what your saying, although I own P3D and previously own multiple flight sims over the years, especially the different variations of MS flight sim series, I've been flight simming for over 37 years since I was bought a BBC model B when I was 14/15, for my computer studies O level at school, I was in the first ever computer studies class in my school.

In those days I was basically showing my teacher on how to use a BBC computer because the school bought some not long after I got mine. I was then given the flight sim Aviator and I was hooked on Flight Simming, progress was slow, and although the likes of P3D v4/5 and Xplane 11 are pretty dam good, they were not the Flight Sim of the future I used to fantasise about in the early 80's, then came along the MS trailer at E3, it blew my breath away..... at last it seemed technically possible to produce the flight sim i'd dreamt about all those years ago, and yet some people for their own monetary ends are trying to derail it, if they are true flight simmers, just stop it..... please.

Let Asobo/MS just develop it properly and in good time we may just have a fully functioning state of the art modern flight sim, that truly talented devs can use for a career, that a lot of people would love to have as a job.

Stay safe.

• Like 3

Main PC: AMD Ryzen 3800X, GIGABYTE X570 Auros Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, SAMSUNG QVO (1TB) SSD, 2 * 1 TB M.2 2280 Nvme SSD, Toshiba (4TB) HDD, WD (2TB) HDD, PALIT GTX 1070* 8 GB vRAM, CORSAIR H100i GTX Water cooler, SAITEK X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, SAITEK YOKE, 2 * SAITEK throttles, SAITEK PEDALS

*Money from Grandstand seating from Silverstone F1 due to race being cancelled refunded and transferred to 30xx fund.