Sign in to follow this  
Rob_Ainscough

MSFS and Xbox game pass

On 4/12/2020 at 10:19 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Ok, then point me the source that indicates otherwise?

My source: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

to quote: 

Cheers, Rob.

Having read this thread, all 6 pages I'm going to say you're trolling. Your evidence (link to the official game page) says nothing to back up your claim, not even close to it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

If you want a troll how about this Microsoft bring back Flight Simulator once the bugs are sorted after release there will be some, and it`s installed into the Game Catalogue for PC and XBOX leave it for the third party`s to support and carry on. Just Saying.   

i9 10900K\ASUS APEX MB \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB C Drive \ 2+1TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3600MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ 4TB Portable Drive\P3DV5

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

This is trolling or desperation....maybe both.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 4/14/2020 at 9:58 AM, G-RFRY said:

If you want a troll how about this Microsoft bring back Flight Simulator once the bugs are sorted after release there will be some, and it`s installed into the Game Catalogue for PC and XBOX leave it for the third party`s to support and carry on. Just Saying.   

It's a 10 year project, they're not abandoning it after launch.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's a 10 year project,

Nearly 6 of which, it could easily be argued, have already been and gone.....

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer, Provocateur 

On 4/12/2020 at 11:59 PM, eaim said:

Rob, TBH I'm a bit surprised that your posting comments like this without any proof, Asobo/MS indeed tried to deny that anything like you have stated is planned for MSFS. Yes I know that you will defend and protect P3D/LM as much as you can, and I respect that, but coming out with untruths like you have isn't helpful behaviour from someone as influential as yourself within the Flight Simming community. In fact comments like what you have said, I would of expected from the likes of msp**ks.

TBH I’m surprised that anyone gives Rob’s comments outside software development enough credit for him to be influential. The guy frequently misunderstands things and trolls if he thinks his well-known interests in P3D are under threat. 

When he’s not trying to spread his own misunderstandings about simple English recently, he’s promoting a theory that Microsoft and Laminar are paying sites like FSElite to show P3D V5 in as unflattering a light as possible. Seriously, that’s the kind of guy you’re dealing with.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

i7 6700K, GTX1080, 32GB DDR4 RAM, X34 3440x1440, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, scotchegg said:

TBH I’m surprised that anyone gives Rob’s comments outside software development enough credit for him to be influential.

For the record , the « software engineer and 3D artist » was on the v5 failed beta team which left various bugs including the overload bug which cripples cards low on Vram. But he doesn’t miss a occasion to explain us that we do not understand a thing on how P3D uses the GPU 😅 and how obnoxious MS/Asobo open policy and testing approach is.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 - Prepar3D v3 on a 4770 @ 4.4 GHz and a 1080 @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals -

But his LinkedIn account bio specifically says he's easy to work with and doesn't jump to conclusions. Soooo...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Can we just lock this thread already? It's gotten far out of hand and serves nothing but to incite arguments and spread misinformation

32 minutes ago, noob123 said:

Can we just lock this thread already? 

Agree! Locked 🔒 

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator