Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Will you buy Prepar3D V5

Will you buy Prepar3D V5 Poll  

508 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will you buy Prepar3D V5

• on release date
    • after a sufficient number of addons are confirmed compatible and free or reasonably priced
    • Never

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2020 at 03:57 AM

Just now, ca_metal said:

What you asked for: 

Those steam numbers provide what you asked. Having 6k people using it concurrently is huge, even more for a niche software like FSX. There are AAA games with lower numbers than that.

Also you can see the other charts, FSX is raising its number not lowering, which is odd for a really old software. 

That is certainly not what I asked. What I asked was for him to give me factual data to support his claim that there are still many users of FSX which he has not nor have you. If you are comparing A and B but to validate your supposed facts, you only provide data for A and say your right, well that's not how it works.

Eric 

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

That is certainly not what I asked. What I asked was for him to give me factual data to support his claim that there are still many users of FSX which he has not nor have you. If you are comparing A and B but to validate your supposed facts, you only provide data for A and say your right, well that's not how it works.

I provided data for A (FSX) and C (X-plane). LM doesn't publish B's (P3D) numbers, so how can I provide that, can you? Again, having 6k people using it at the same time is a lot. But sure, believe what you want. 

35 minutes ago, B777ER said:

These percentages are only based on the number of PIREP's filed in a given month, not the number of VA members who use a particular sim nor does it take into account how many of the PIREP's in a given month are filed by the same individual. Consider March 2020, how many of the 1843 flights were flown by the same person? Just because 35% of the flights in March we're flown on FSX does not mean 35% of your VA uses FSX. Your logic is flawed, tremendously so and does not go any further in validating your claim. You'll have to do better to prove your supposed fact.

The data doesn't support your narrative, so you eliminate it? If you're a member, you have access to additional data; and guess what, it still indicates 33% of the base uses FSX...BA reports simalar numbers.  Are you really going to deny a fair amount of people still use FSX? Currently, Steam is reporting almost 2M FSX SE sales; yesterday, almost 6,000 people were online with FSX. Currently, MS created a beta program using FSX SE to validate their terrain and other data; clearly, a significant user base exist; otherwise, said program would be pointless.  To suggest otherwise is being intellectually dishonest. 

Regardless, this minor line was not the basis of my thesis, nor is it required to support my supposition.  The fact you chose to highlight this minor observation, while simultaneously ignoring the crux of the argument is evidence of your failure to formulate a cogent counter-argument.  Moreover, your attempt to use circular logic to subvert the conversation is a little pathetic; at this point, it would be wise to acknowledge you were wrong and move on  

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

8 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I provided data for A (FSX) and C (X-plane). LM doesn't publish B's (P3D) numbers, so how can I provide that, can you? Again, having 6k people using it at the same time is a lot. But sure, believe what you want. 

B's numbers are not relevant; to that point, I never stated FSX was more popular than P3D.  Instead, I only stated FSX  has a substantial user base, which we proved via multiple data points. There's a reason streamers like AFP95 have 1M subscribers and P3D streamers can barely muster 10K...

Matt King

Already pre-ordered! 🤣   Have had them all since v1.  Have not been disappointed yet.  Life's too short to worry about the little/niggle stuff others worry about.   Plus, gives me something new to play with having so much time indoors.

• Like 4

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

24 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

Knock it off! stop ruining my tread and poll go start your own!🤣

LOL...Fair; I’m interested in the poll too 

Matt King

38 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

The data doesn't support your narrative, so you eliminate it? If you're a member, you have access to additional data; and guess what, it still indicates 33% of the base uses FSX...BA reports simalar numbers.  Are you really going to deny a fair amount of people still use FSX? Currently, Steam is reporting almost 2M FSX SE sales; yesterday, almost 6,000 people were online with FSX. Currently, MS created a beta program using FSX SE to validate their terrain and other data; clearly, a significant user base exist; otherwise, said program would be pointless.  To suggest otherwise is being intellectually dishonest. 

Regardless, this minor line was not the basis of my thesis, nor is it required to support my supposition.  The fact you chose to highlight this minor observation, while simultaneously ignoring the crux of the argument is evidence of your failure to formulate a cogent counter-argument.  Moreover, your attempt to use circular logic to subvert the conversation is a little pathetic; at this point, it would be wise to acknowledge you were wrong and move on  

What it boils down to is you have an axe to grind against LM because your one man opinion that they have not furthered the hobby to your liking thus you want everyone to know that v5 is, again in your opinion, a waste of time. So you take the time to come into a thread to let everyone know. When confronted with putting up facts you failed to do so in any meaningful way and tried to deflect. And now you parrot another posters numbers and again they lack any context because you don't have P3D numbers. Poor, very poor.

Eric 

49 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

No I can't but I didn't come here spouting off supposed facts, just asking for the data, all of the data points that would substantiate it.

Eric 

38 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

B's numbers are not relevant; to that point, I never stated FSX was more popular than P3D.  Instead, I only stated FSX  has a substantial user base, which we proved via multiple data points. There's a reason streamers like AFP95 have 1M subscribers and P3D streamers can barely muster 10K...

The only thing you proved was some gold at DVA fly some legs using it, Steam had sold copies of it and 6k we're using it. So what. Without a comparative analysis, it means nothing.

Eric 

If there were a 'I'm going to wait and see how MSFS fairs first' selection in the poll, then I would be able to participate.😇

I'll get both. I am eager to have MSFS back as the primary flight sim. P3D5 will be secondary. 

Don Nelson

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

"Ed, I then will try not to cause any water spray, fleck, or foam from my pontoons to nail you on the beach, as I lift off of nVidia WaveWorks v2.0's oceans....LOL!   I'll let you know in advance, when I'm about to water-taxi from dock!..."

Please! 🤣

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers