Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Will you buy Prepar3D V5

Will you buy Prepar3D V5 Poll  

508 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will you buy Prepar3D V5

• on release date
    • after a sufficient number of addons are confirmed compatible and free or reasonably priced
    • Never

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2020 at 03:57 AM

Probably not, but wouldn't bet against it. Got everything I want / need in 4.5 for the moment, might re-assess but would mean losing the NGX as I'm damned if I am buying the thing for a 3rd time....

G

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

7 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Probably not, but wouldn't bet against it. Got everything I want / need in 4.5 for the moment, might re-assess but would mean losing the NGX as I'm damned if I am buying the thing for a 3rd time....

G

It sounds like you may be able to manually install it into V5 and it would generally work.

However there would be no support for it from PMDG!

• Like 1

Over 2800 views and hits to this thread.  P3D ain't dead...by a long shot, LOL! No sir....:)

Will I purchase P3dV5? absolutely Yes.

I for one am tired and fed up of the endless tease by Asobo  with MSFS, always getting me excited with no taste of the product (tired of waiting for Alpha...SMH). I have got 2 girlfriends  who recently got very good surgery done and are going to show me a good time, and thats good enough for a simple guy like me. 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ops Normal said:

Will I purchase P3dV5? absolutely Yes.

I for one am tired and fed up of the endless tease by Asobo  with MSFS, always getting me excited with no taste of the product (tired of waiting for Alpha...SMH). I have got 2 girlfriends  who recently got very good surgery done and are going to show me a good time, and thats good enough for a simple guy like me. 😎

Lol far too much information 😂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Breezed through the pages in this topic and did not come across minimum and recommended system specs.  I had read that v5 may be more system-friendly.  Can anyone enlighten?  My FSX is now long in the tooth and giving me CTDs, and I cannot likely complete a new build until late summer.  Pandemic  and all...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Most likely yes, but I'm waiting to hear from a few last developers on their upgrade plans, specifically FSLabs.  I don't want to run/maintain two sims at once so I'll wait until I'm ready to make the full transition. Or at least that's the plan right now 😉 likely

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

22 minutes ago, Ops Normal said:

I have got 2 girlfriends  who recently got very good surgery done and are going to show me a good time, and thats good enough for a simple guy like me. 😎

😨

I am hoping that these two girlfriends share the same household as Mr Pivra, otherwise he will need to stay at least two metres away from them when he is being shown this "good time" :laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, PhotoReal Earth said:

But when I compare the ugly black water Rob has presented us at the shores of California, it is not an improvement, it's a worsening.

Just a thing of shader tuning, easily set to your liking. You can have it showing pink in bad weather if you find that better looking.

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

24 minutes ago, simbol said:

I have got 2 girlfriends  who recently got very good surgery done and are going to show me a good time, and thats good enough for a simple guy like me. 😎

Wait, wha...? Not at the same time, I hope ... ?

Well ... Uhm... Sorry, I don't know how to respond to that... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hindsight being 20/20 it might have been better if the last option read "or wait for MSFS" instead of "Never".

However, I do think that the poll shows more excitement about V5 than the commentary in forums would indicate.

Also, as I mention in another post, I'm confident this is pushed out the door sooner than LM would have liked re MSFS but not only that having just tried XP11.50B3 (Valkan) I think that release has pushed LM to release too.

4 hours ago, simbol said:

I am thinking to start selling chill pills instead of add-on's 😂

Let me know when you do the IPO on this. I'm in !

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

For previous versions of P3D, I tended to be an "early adopter" (v4 I switched cold-turkey right after launch) and gradually re-introduce add-ons I owned as they were made compatible.  Unfortunately, in previous versions of P3D it has been frustrating that it would take at least 2 or 3 point updates before I was reasonably satisfied with the performance.  Even then, P3D for years has always felt like a constant battle of tweaking or constantly adjusting settings depending on where you are trying to fly, even on powerful equipment.

Based on what I am seeing, this time I am going to wait for other early adopters to report on performance first - I have been doing a lot of flying with the new Vulkan beta for X-plane the last couple weeks, and P3Dv5 would need to show similar improvements in performance with the DirectX 12 switch to be compelling for me.  I am likely to see what 5.1 and even 5.2 look like before making any decision.

I do have a lot of past add-on purchases invested in P3D, so I won't be deleting my v4.5 install anytime soon - but I am definitely going to "wait and see" quite a bit longer than previous major updates before I consider purchasing v5.  And I have stopped making any further add-on investments in P3D for quite a few months now until I could see how things shake out with not only v5, but also the other upcoming releases (MSFS, X-Plane 11.50+, etc).

For me, switching to v5 is not a "slam dunk" unless the early reviews are very compelling - and that means from people with similar equipment as I have. It is possible that I may finally "cut the cord" on further P3D investment and look at another/other platforms moving forward if the new version is just "ok."

YMMV...

• Like 3

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

31 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Wait, wha...? Not at the same time, I hope ... ?

Well ... Uhm... Sorry, I don't know how to respond to that... 

Uh I didn't say that lol was someone else 😂