Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Will you buy Prepar3D V5

Will you buy Prepar3D V5 Poll  

508 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will you buy Prepar3D V5

• on release date
    • after a sufficient number of addons are confirmed compatible and free or reasonably priced
    • Never

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2020 at 03:57 AM

9 minutes ago, CaptainIronside said:

Geez, you guys are already crashing the P3D site, chill. I doubt it's a midnight release. 😂

It’s not lol. It comes out mid day USA on release day. Have fun mashing the f5 for the next 12 hours for those guys 😂😂

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

7 hours ago, SimonC said:

Call me uneducated then, but what is the difference between ortho and photo? And what does MSFS use?

1. Simon, you are an uneducated simpleton... (happy now?)

2. They are the same thing.

3. Both as they are the same.

🙂

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, akabam said:

It’s not lol. It comes out mid day USA on release day. Have fun mashing the f5 for the next 12 hours for those guys 😂😂

It has been the 14th for 14 hours now! Hurry up LM, or I shall return to XP11.

I think I had the first download link for v3, but got beaten during the download process by those with better internet. I’ve spent years tweaking my modem getting ready for this moment.

i do remember that we had a whole thread of excited P3D fliers reporting their regularly-updated percent downloaded status (until one of the mods got irritated by it and locked the thread).

Looking forward to seeing the modern version of this conversation shortly!

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Heh, was a bit bored and started messing around with changing the URL. When adding a product, you need to accept the license agreement, with the URL ending in the product you've selected. 

When finding the right string, you can add all sorts of interesting things to your cart;

A4QZYxa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

30 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Heh, was a bit bored and started messing around with changing the URL. When adding a product, you need to accept the license agreement, with the URL ending in the product you've selected. 

When finding the right string, you can add all sorts of interesting things to your cart;

A4QZYxa.jpg

Is that Viper 21 for special F-16!!!!

Lol Now that is Paid Beta for sure

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Site has been down for a while. “Error establishing database connection.”

It’s coming!

Oz

it is supposed to be out today but p3d site has not been updated......still says will be out on the 14th! It is the fourteenth, lol!

11 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Site has been down for a while. “Error establishing database connection.”

It’s coming!

I think people might just be flooding the site. Tried to look at their forum and got hit with a "User prepar22 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]" -- So, too many connections. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

4 minutes ago, Nessie said:

it is supposed to be out today but p3d site has not been updated......still says will be out on the 14th! It is the fourteenth, lol!

check your time zone😁

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

It has been the 14th for 14 hours now! Hurry up LM, or I shall return to XP11.

Your spot on OzWhitey = "they" advertise the 14th when correctly if it is 0800UTC that means for most of the populated world it is actually the 15th release date. A company with LM's background  could do something radical and state the release time in UTC and not Fluorida time. LOL

I am reminded of that great saying we use for the doomsday preppers where we live here on top of the world ie:

Don't worry guys if the world ends today, because its already tomorrow in Australia.

Keep punching that refresh button you guys.

• Like 1

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

3 hours ago, Sethos said:

A4QZYxa.jpg

Hehe, this is called URL snooping..

I would not be doing this to a firm that builds drones and many other defense systems 😂

S.

• Like 3

I am fortunate enough to be able to afford and support all three sims. (P3D MSFS X-Plane) 

Things are finally happening in this industry since the new competitor stepped in. Looking forward to see where we go from here.

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

1. Simon, you are an uneducated simpleton... (happy now?)

2. They are the same thing.

3. Both as they are the same.

🙂

Alright. But honestly, P3D, even with Ortho, doesn't look as nearly as good as MSFS does? Or am I mistaken? Besides, it's my understanding, with MSFS you have it for the whole world... something that you have to do manually with P3D. And it will look only as good as the content provided - with all it's problems like different seasons and coloring at different places, most likely no seasons.

Right now P3D definitely has a huge advantage of having big 3PD base, but in time...