Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Will you buy Prepar3D V5

Will you buy Prepar3D V5 Poll  

508 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will you buy Prepar3D V5

• on release date
    • after a sufficient number of addons are confirmed compatible and free or reasonably priced
    • Never

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2020 at 03:57 AM

I changed my mind. At 1st I wanted to buy on release and hoped to be one of the lucky ones to test, but now I've decided to wait and see if I can get answers to these two questions:

1) Are there still pauses or stutters when arriving at payware airports with AIG AI or other traffic AI add-ons? This is an immersion killer!

2) Does the AG still load in tiles in the distance or is there still missing AG being displayed when arriving at complex airports?

If those issues have not been addressed and fixed, I will pass on P3D v5, stick with P3d v4.5 & XP11.50. That's until MSFS2020 is released.

I hope that early adopters can save me the time and aggravation of having to buy, test, be disappointed, and hope for a LM refund.

I will wait as long as it takes.

Thank you!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

15 minutes ago, SimonC said:

Alright. But honestly, P3D, even with Ortho, doesn't look as nearly as good as MSFS does? Or am I mistaken? Besides, it's my understanding, with MSFS you have it for the whole world.

Nothing looks as good as MSFS, (or at least from the PR material we've seen so far) IMO. It's quite impressive what Asobo/Microsoft has accomplished with this! But, to be honest, I'll withhold judgement about comparing the two sims, until I get my hands on MSFS - whenever that might be... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I’m on the tech alpha FS2020 and I’m going to purchase without any kind of doubts P3D V5. I believe that v4.5 HF2 it’s the best flight sim I’ve enjoyed since FS5 and think that P3D V5 will be better. Most important for me are what can I do and feel inside the cockpit that to fly around my house. We have amazing addons on P3D for enjoy the pleasure of fly. 😊😊

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

@anden145 MSFS is releasing a Partnership Series Update in two days time (16/04); they say they have over 150 third party companies using their SDK to develop for the sim, so hopefully it should be an interesting one!

Plus they're releasing a video on IFR at the start of May so should give us more insight into the functionalities of the stock aircraft and most likely the heavies!

Cool, now back on topic about P3D..

Thanks all for bringing P3D website down.. wanted to contact the developers this morning via the forums and I am now unable! 😄.. Can you guys give it a rest for 30 minutes? that should be enough to write what I need 🙄

S.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

Thanks all for bringing P3D website down.. wanted to contact the developers this morning via the forums and I am now unable! 😄.. Can you guys give it a rest for 30 minutes? that should be enough to write what I need 🙄

S.

LOL

I an one of them ... 😝

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

27 minutes ago, simbol said:

S.

Website is back up, I was just there. No v5 yet (even thought it's the morning of the 14th here).

Have fun bashing the F5 key, guys. I am about to take my PMDG 737-600 NGX on a quick circuit of my recently purchased ORBx LDDU Dubrovnik in P3Dv4 :cool:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

is v5 got better physics like more realisitc?

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

That looks much nicer than in Robs earlier video of the float plane, which to me looked like a giant oil slick.

I wonder how inland water will be handled by v5? For instance, if there is no wind will it be mirror smooth

with amazing reflections as in real life? Still not sure about the animations at 2.50, a bit unrealistic?

Edited by Caveney737

8 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Have fun bashing the F5 key, guys. I am about to take my PMDG 737-600 NGX on a quick circuit of my recently purchased ORBx LDDU Dubrovnik in P3Dv4 :cool:

79949b127bf2d60e227d25b13ae1588da4fe4562

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, simbol said:

While we wait.. another video from Maurice..

Regards,

S.

Clouds look terrible.