Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Will you buy Prepar3D V5

Will you buy Prepar3D V5 Poll  

508 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will you buy Prepar3D V5

• on release date
    • after a sufficient number of addons are confirmed compatible and free or reasonably priced
    • Never

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2020 at 03:57 AM

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

79949b127bf2d60e227d25b13ae1588da4fe4562

Oh noo, there are way better solutions...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Clouds look terrible.

Exact the same thought i always have watching MSFS videos.

They have clouds looking like a highschool project where a kid has pasted cottonwool balls together.

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

A noob question but I have to ask anyway,  does Nvidia waveworks2.0 require turing GPU ? Or it's dx12 related? I have a 1070ti and I don't like to pay for a new gpu at Least for another year.

Regards

14 hours ago, F737NG said:

My comment about small areas of aerial imagery was based on the assumption that the person I was replying to wanted to see photoscenery everywhere as default ground textures in v5, similar to what we will be able to do in MSFS, rather than the use of payware ortho add-ons such as MSE and TrueEarth or freeware stuff.

I absolutely adore photoscenery in P3D, especially the more recent tech such as TrueEarth.
There are four fantastic freeware options to obtain ortho and autogen in P3D for various parts of / all of Europe.

Namely:

Is there a way to download PTSceneries' Portugal orthos NOT through Mega? Since I don't have a paid account I can't download more than 5GB at a time (for all I know), and every file seems to be over 5GB... The download page talks about torrents as well, but no links are posted for that?

Additionally, for the French autogen - is there a set that uses the default autogen? I have so far not been able to use any third party autogen definitions because they always end up breaking my autogen on a global level. Still have no idea why this happens, but I won't be surprised if it relates to OrbX... or did I misunderstand and is the FrancVFR Global Autogen mentioned in the France Autogen link only a prerequisite because it makes things look nicer? Is it actually required to display the autogen?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Just now, Samany69 said:

A noob question but I have to ask anyway,  does Nvidia waveworks2.0 require turing GPU ? Or it's dx12 related? I have a 1070ti and I don't like to pay for a new gpu at Least for another year.

Regards

DX12 related... your video card should be able to use DX12.

S.

• Like 2

No need for F5. It will be out at 20:00 GMT

https://fselite.net/

Prices are there as well.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

If it had a full VR support I would definately buy it for those pretty clouds. Until then, it's a nope.

with a devaluation of Illuminati, its to expensive, but ill bite the dust🤫

Well since you guys don't stop hammering P3D and the forums are still down I had to email LM developers instead.

They confirmed the release time is 4PM eastern time.

S.

• Like 2

Same price tag as always. No update discount.

A shame...

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Clouds look terrible.

I'd check your screen or your PC, good sir. You've got to be kidding me. This looks amazing.

• Like 1

Absolutely none of my addons are compatible, at least not confirmed. And I am buying this and running it stock, just to see. I'll run it in parallel with 4.5 until everything gets to where I want it.

If you're a flight-simmer and you're not excited about this, there's something wrong with you. Seriously.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1