Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Will you buy Prepar3D V5

Will you buy Prepar3D V5 Poll  

508 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will you buy Prepar3D V5

• on release date
    • after a sufficient number of addons are confirmed compatible and free or reasonably priced
    • Never

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2020 at 03:57 AM

27 minutes ago, F737NG said:

If I get better performance in a better looking environment, why shouldn't I swap v4 for v5 while I wait?

Word!

@F737NG  what is your problem?
When you will try to download v5 this evening with all the other 38% you will be happy about _everybody_ who decided not to buy or to buy later.
So what?

Just relax and enjoy this day 🥂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

"MSFS has more stuff as default"
Yes, it does. MSFS is better out of the box

Out of the box MSFS is 'apparently' better looking. That's about all we know by comparison at this stage.

XP11 is far better looking out of the box than P3D but I still use P3D far more. With XP11.50b3 which is a colossal improvement due to Vulkan and Prepar3D V5 by all accounts also a colossal improvement, I have all but forgotten MSFS. Over the past few year with Flight Sim my "if only" list has dwindled down to performance and scenery loading pauses. This is an epic time for flight simmers with or without MSFS.

Edited by Quasimodo
  • Like 2

"The Prepar3D.com store will be updated with the new product catalog at 4:00 pm (EST).  Prices for the Academic and Professional license have not increased from v4 and will remain at $59.95 and $199.00, respectively.  The Professional Plus license price has increased to $2500. "

Anyone have a source for this information please?

spacer.png

For everyone waiting around for MSFS, may I remind you how awesome MS Flight was a few years ago!!! 😄

3 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

For everyone waiting around for MSFS, may I remind you how awesome MS Flight was a few years ago!!! 😄

Yeah M$ burned the community on that already.  They have some good will to make up.  I will not be pulling the trigger on that until I see whats up.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Boomer said:

"The Prepar3D.com store will be updated with the new product catalog at 4:00 pm (EST).  Prices for the Academic and Professional license have not increased from v4 and will remain at $59.95 and $199.00, respectively.  The Professional Plus license price has increased to $2500. Anyone have a source for this information please?

Here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/home-slider/2020/04/116288/

in case you cannot access it:

1.jpg

I see the nevers are gaining ground and release day purchasers and losing ground!🤣

About 2 hours to go! 🤣

Edited by Quasimodo

Good, that make it easier to download.😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Is there a running master list of add-ons who are updating for free to P3dv5?

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Its in the store from now:

https://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/

but the speed of wabpage works like donkey, not a horse ;D.

jJDRc6Ch.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Ugh there's no excuse for the website not working in 2020. I don't care how busy it is, throw more servers at it. We have the technology now!

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png