Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Will you buy Prepar3D V5

Will you buy Prepar3D V5 Poll  

508 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will you buy Prepar3D V5

• on release date
    • after a sufficient number of addons are confirmed compatible and free or reasonably priced
    • Never

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2020 at 03:57 AM

3 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Wow! How'd you get that far?

Patience young Padawan. :smile:

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Purchased! Let's see if I can get to a download.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

27 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Downloading @ 17MB/sec

3.9 here....

20 hours ago, mtr75 said:

I haven’t really looked into the Waveworks a lot. What do you know about it? The way I figure it, even if all my addons don’t work right away, the upgrade is just too tasty to pass up. Even considering how extremely happy I am with what I already have:

https://youtu.be/006YwvezVOg

One of the reasons that I did an about face, and will purchase, is the nVidia WaveWorks v2.0 engine.   Just type that into Google..and there is a dedicated nVidiaWaveWorks page that goes into great detail, supporting videos, and just wait...jeez...just wait until you see what truly, is REAL WATER...but on your flat screen. You will be blown away....  That page, along with the TrueSky page...sold me...with Rob's California land/water boundary video, sending me looking off site, for more in-depth, behind the story/tech  due diligence. I feel, that by around two weeks before next Christmas...I can give P3D v5.x a whirl...as at that time, I can GET ONTO THE **#**#(@(@  site for purchase and download not into the next century!  LOLOLOL  Good luck with your purchase/download. Be sure to post lots of screenies!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Samany69 said:

A noob question but I have to ask anyway,  does Nvidia waveworks2.0 require turing GPU ? Or it's dx12 related? I have a 1070ti and I don't like to pay for a new gpu at Least for another year.

Regards

You are absolutely good to go...your 1070 has all it takes to get you soaked....or sinking, if you bad land the plane...!

• Like 1

I can't even get on to Prepar3D.com

You guys where all supposed to wait until I had finished downloading it. I thought you all knew that!🤬

• Like 1

Downloaded, extracted, and installing now.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

13 minutes ago, eaim said:

Downloaded, extracted, and installing now.

What were you, up all night with your finger resting on the F5 key?!?!?   Jeez....! 🙂

45 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

I can't even get on to Prepar3D.com

You guys where all supposed to wait until I had finished downloading it. I thought you all knew that!🤬

However, now I am only 8 minutes away from completing the download!🤣

Edited by Quasimodo

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

You are absolutely good to go...your 1070 has all it takes to get you soaked....or sinking, if you bad land the plane...!

Actually it's a Ti version ... I hope I can run medium setting on 1080p 30fps

Ah... same old same old with each release day at Lockheed Martin.

Server is breaking down due to traffic.

How unforeseeable...

33 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

Actually it's a Ti version ... I hope I can run medium setting on 1080p 30fps

I own an EVGA For The Win GTX1070 8GB.   I anticipate absolutely no problems, as I run v4.5 bent to the right...and have 28-32 FPS.  I think you will be just fine cranking up all the Happy Sliders , under DX12  Enjoy!

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1