Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Will you buy Prepar3D V5

Will you buy Prepar3D V5 Poll  

508 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will you buy Prepar3D V5

• on release date
    • after a sufficient number of addons are confirmed compatible and free or reasonably priced
    • Never

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2020 at 03:57 AM

The way I see it: P3Dv5 is the last dying breath of FSX. It's a final attempt of LM to sweep the market before MSFS eats it for lunch. 

The new king is lumbering across the icy fields in this "Game of Sims" - ready to lay waste to this city in disarray. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Why do people not understand LM and P3D are not consumer entertainment products per the license agreement.   They could care less about MSFS, its two different customer bases.  So no P3D is not the last dying breath.  Once the consumer base is gone to MSFS P3D will still be around for training and military projects.

• Like 1

Sean Green

I did already 😛

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

P3D, as correctly stated, is based on ESP, not for entertainment & for pro/training use..The others are for entertaiment/gaming.. Methinks you saw a bit wrong?

In any case, this forum is asking "Will you buy P3D? a simple Yes or No will be OK, Not any crit of the sim. 

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

The way I see it: P3Dv5 is the last dying breath of FSX. It's a final attempt of LM to sweep the market before MSFS eats it for lunch. 

The new king is lumbering across the icy fields in this "Game of Sims" - ready to lay waste to this city in disarray. 

The almighty wisdom has spoken. Now quick back to your MSFS church, your thetan level begins already to drop, it's dangerous to hang out too long with us unworthy.

• Like 3

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

6 hours ago, sgreen91 said:

Why do people not understand LM and P3D are not consumer entertainment products per the license agreement.

Well, I try really hard not to be entertained but I mess it up every time :blush:

• Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Hey Quasi.....I think you need a new mark-off option...

Are you seeking a refund to recover your license fee for P3D v5?   

It would be interesting, to see how many users HAVE decided to get refunded within the 14 day envelope.  

• Like 1

Just now, Sesquashtoo said:

Hey Quasi.....I think you need a new mark-off option...

Are you seeking a refund to recover your license fee for P3D v5?   

It would be interesting, to see how many users HAVE decided to get refunded within the 14 day envelope.  

Im not gonna seek a refund, it’s only £47 or so. I’ll keep it installed out of curiosity. However, for me, it’s back to vulkan... 

• Like 2

Ok then, can we also have an option “I will complain a lot on Avsim, say i’m not buying it but then buy it anyway because everyone else is using it - and then repeat this in two years for v6”

🙂

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Just downloading. Won't be my main driver for awhile, but I do want to test the heck out of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Im not gonna seek a refund, it’s only £47 or so. I’ll keep it installed out of curiosity. However, for me, it’s back to vulkan... 

As an admitted fan of x-plane, you seem very keen to make that point on these forums. “It stutters, vulkan has won the war, i’m going back to x-plane” etc etc, over and over.

Glad to see you gave it a whole 18 hours before giving up, though you seem to have spent most of that time complaining about the sim and singing x-plane’s praises rather than actually flying in P3D!

Bye.

• Like 4

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

4 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

As an admitted fan of x-plane, you seem very keen to make that point on these forums. “It stutters, vulkan has won the war, i’m going back to x-plane” etc etc, over and over.

Glad to see you gave it a whole 18 hours before giving up, though you seem to have spent most of that time complaining about the sim and singing x-plane’s praises rather than actually flying in P3D!

Bye.

Who said I’ve give up? Not me. Never once used those words.

Complaining? Nope, observations. You’d rather I lied? 
Flying in P3D? Can’t fly in stutters..

And for the record, P3D does a hell a lot of stuff better than x-plane 🙂 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

One of the reasons that I did an about face, and will purchase, is the nVidia WaveWorks v2.0 engine.   Just type that into Google..and there is a dedicated nVidiaWaveWorks page that goes into great detail, supporting videos, and just wait...jeez...just wait until you see what truly, is REAL WATER...but on your flat screen. You will be blown away....  That page, along with the TrueSky page...sold me...with Rob's California land/water boundary video, sending me looking off site, for more in-depth, behind the story/tech  due diligence. I feel, that by around two weeks before next Christmas...I can give P3D v5.x a whirl...as at that time, I can GET ONTO THE **#**#(@(@  site for purchase and download not into the next century!  LOLOLOL  Good luck with your purchase/download. Be sure to post lots of screenies!

Turn the wind up to 30 knots and then go skim the waves. I have never seen anything like it in a sim. Pretty cool.

• Like 1

Oz

16 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

But, is it it smooth?

It is magnificently smooth now at 24hz and 24fps. Although that's a characteristic of some smoothing filter in Samsung 4K TV. Its Vsync dependent so I cannot comment on Gsync

Edited by Quasimodo

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Who said I’ve give up? Not me. Never once used those words.

Complaining? Nope, observations. You’d rather I lied? 
Flying in P3D? Can’t fly in stutters..

And for the record, P3D does a hell a lot of stuff better than x-plane 🙂 

You just said you were “going back to vulcan”. You started a thread where you said “It’s stuttery. Simple as that.”, and seem to have ignored the people that tried to help you.

You said “I believe vulkan just won the day over DX12.”.

Come on now. If I went over to the org forums and said “I’ve tried XP11 for a whole 18 hours, it’s a mess, i’m going back to Prepar3d, DX12 has won the war over vulcan”, what do you think the reaction would be?? How many “stutter” posts have you made? Even after people with experience in the sim explained what you were likely doing wrong.

P3D v5 flies super smooth on a good system with proper settings. I have flown every version of P3D. I flew MS sims for years before that. This is smoother, has better frame rates and has less stutters than any MS-based sim I have used.

You do need some basic knowledge on how to tune a sim, and you won’t get that on any platform in a handful of hours.

P3D has its rough edges, just like any XP early release. But performance is not its weak point.

Oz