Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Will you buy Prepar3D V5

Will you buy Prepar3D V5 Poll  

508 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will you buy Prepar3D V5

• on release date
    • after a sufficient number of addons are confirmed compatible and free or reasonably priced
    • Never

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2020 at 03:57 AM

So I have to buy it all over again?

No upgrade option?

Can it be reinstalled without deleting and reinstalling all my add-ons or do I have to do the dance again from scratch?

Thanks!

Chris Camp

34 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Turn the wind up to 30 knots and then go skim the waves. I have never seen anything like it in a sim. Pretty cool.

Can you take some snaps..and better yet...a vid and post it on this thread?  That would be most helpful!  Glad you are enjoying it, OzWhitey!

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

So I have to buy it all over again?

No upgrade option?

Can it be reinstalled without deleting and reinstalling all my add-ons or do I have to do the dance again from scratch?

Thanks!

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Not really, so yes. But some of your xml-based addons may be recognised, and some scenery can be simply readded via the scenery library.

Just the same as every other Prepar3D version upgrade since v1.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

32 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Not really, so yes. But some of your xml-based addons may be recognised, and some scenery can be simply readded via the scenery library.

Just the same as every other Prepar3D version upgrade since v1.

Copy!

Thanks!

Chris Camp

On 4/12/2020 at 11:11 PM, kingm56 said:

Turns out you were right and I was wrong. Will never defend LM again. V5 is a dumpster fire. I'm staying with v4.5.

Eric 

No chance I'm paying another $200, not with MS coming out soon. P3d really can forget me paying all over again for an upgraded version of what I'm already running now (4.5). 

They're starting to act like a particular addon dev I don't buy from anymore either...

• Like 1