Sign in to follow this  
Billkhaled

FSX window stops responding for a few minutes

For some reason this issue almost exclusively occurs at Biggin Hill airport in any aircraft. The window just stops responding, I can’t click anything or minimise it but FSX never crashes. I have the uiautomation dll, as well as have tried updating drivers, reloading my Logbook.bin, and running in different compatibility modes. Any ideas? Thanks

specs:

i3 3.4 GHz

8GB RAM

GTX 1050

HDD 500GB

SSD 120GB

bill

Edited by Billkhaled

Is Biggin Hill an addon airport?  A lot of AI aircraft in the area?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

21 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Is Biggin Hill an addon airport?  A lot of AI aircraft in the area?

Yeah but it does it at default as well and actually it’s also doing it at Gatwick and other busy airports. My mouse simply is unable to enter the window and instead goes behind it while the window is frozen. Sound is still there. AI traffic is turned off, only for vatsim though it does it even when flying offline

Edited by Billkhaled

I have just downloaded an addon from the library.  It was a payware but made free in 2015.  I'll do a test flight later this afternoon.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I have just downloaded an addon from the library.  It was a payware but made free in 2015.  I'll do a test flight later this afternoon.

Hi thanks a lot, yeah I have the same one by soarfly, but I’m starting to think the issue is beyond that airport alone and rather it affects other airports in the regions such as Gatwick 

I might suggest that your machine is on the weak side.  I have an older i7 running at about 3.9GHz and I have to be careful running anything other than stock.  I run AS16Wx, FSX-Steam but I've had to limit the addons. 

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Many a computer has been sacrificed on the alter of FSX. This is part of the reason why, except for repaints, I run stock FSX. No problems for me at Gatwick. But that doesn't help you much. 

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

42 minutes ago, bobbyjack said:

Many a computer has been sacrificed on the alter of FSX. This is part of the reason why, except for repaints, I run stock FSX. No problems for me at Gatwick. But that doesn't help you much. 

I was able to run FSX with vector global REX, many fly Tampa sceneries and PMDG around 20-25 FPS and Gad no problems until I got rid of it for VFR flying and reinstalled fully and after downloading Biggin hill I’ve started to have this problem where the window just becomes unresponsive for a while and have tried turning down settings to no avail

Set FSUIPC to monitor memory and watch it as you operate.  You should be able to see where you might be running out of VM.

Jim Driskell

2 minutes ago, jmdriskell said:

Set FSUIPC to monitor memory and watch it as you operate.  You should be able to see where you might be running out of VM.

Jim Driskell

Yeah, although I did try to monitor memory through task manager which showed only 68% of my memory used alongside Plan G, chrome, vpilot, and FSRealWX

Quick update, just want to thank all of you for your replies, I deleted the FSX.CFG and let it rebuild and then the problem had seemed to disappear even after allowing my settings to creep up to high and even ultra high in areas and was able to maintain 20-30 FPS constantly, I then slowly added the tweaks back in to allow for better texture loading etc. 

• Like 2

Glad the problem is fixed.

Jim Driskell