Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Prepar3D V5 Release Time & Price

The Prepar3D.com store will be updated with the new product catalog at 4:00 pm (EST).  Prices for the Academic and Professional license have not increased from v4 and will remain at $59.95 and $199.00, respectively.  The Professional Plus license price has increased to $2500.

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

I cannot access the site, but I remember something about a return policy... anyone know how long?

1 minute ago, SimonC said:

I cannot access the site, but I remember something about a return policy... anyone know how long?

It's 14 days now

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

This is merely an update, not a new product. If they seriously ask v4 owners to repurchase, they're out of their minds. Especially with MSFS 2020 around the corner.

Some companies in the flight sim world make me sick. Come on, it's a joke... $60 for what exactly? Lol.

P3D won't receive another penny from me if it really is like this.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, Le Français said:

The Prepar3D.com store will be updated with the new product catalog at 4:00 pm (EST).  Prices for the Academic and Professional license have not increased from v4 and will remain at $59.95 and $199.00, respectively.  The Professional Plus license price has increased to $2500.

Ahhhhh another 5 hours to wait for me, so it`s  11 PM where i live

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

5 minutes ago, Paul_ said:

Didn't it use to be 60 days?

4 minutes ago, SimonC said:

Yeah, remember it was 30 or 60 days...

Yeah, believe it used to be 60 but it's down to 14 now. You can see the license agreement here; https://secure.prepar3d.com/solo/products/LicenseAgreement.aspx?ProdOptionID=1089

'3.2    Returns.  Licensee may return the Software for whatever reason, or no reason, at any time within 14 days of the date of this EULA, in accordance with Licensor's return policy as provided at the Prepar3D Website.  Upon such return, Licensee shall return or destroy all copies of the Software, and all tangible embodiments thereof.'

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

Yeah, believe it used to be 60 but it's down to 14 now. You can see the license agreement here; https://secure.prepar3d.com/solo/products/LicenseAgreement.aspx?ProdOptionID=1089

'3.2    Returns.  Licensee may return the Software for whatever reason, or no reason, at any time within 14 days of the date of this EULA, in accordance with Licensor's return policy as provided at the Prepar3D Website.  Upon such return, Licensee shall return or destroy all copies of the Software, and all tangible embodiments thereof.'

Ah poo. 

7 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

This is merely an update, not a new product. If they seriously ask v4 owners to repurchase, they're out of their minds. Especially with MSFS 2020 around the corner.

Some companies in the flight sim world make me sick. Come on, it's a joke... $60 for what exactly? Lol.

I'm sure you are a P3D developer with inside knowledge of how much effort went into the product and how much effort goes into updates throughout the product's lifetime. If you only care about MSFS, P3D wasn't going to receive any more pennies from you anyways... 😵

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Just now, kiwikat said:

I'm sure you are a P3D developer with inside knowledge of how much effort went into the product and how much effort goes into updates throughout the product's lifetime. If you only care about MSFS, P3D wasn't going to receive any more pennies from you anyways... 😵

I am not, but I am a manager and you price your products according to what value your customer perceives in it. Not how much effort you put into it. If you put effort but didn't create value, then that's your problem. Customers don't really care about dev's effort. Only about the value they're gonna get for money. I don't see a $60 value in this update as a customer. Do you? Why?

Actually a good point in the second part of your post though 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

14 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

Well then the free market model has worked for you.  Congratulations.

I see value in the new things included.  So paying $60 for a product i will use weekly for the next 4 years is peanuts.  You need to view things in perspective.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

Well then the free market model has worked for you.  Congratulations.

Of course, the model works for everyone except the least fortunate. I am very happy to support honest companies that don't overprice their products and that don't charge for stupid stuff. And also I am willing to pay a lot for quality, if I see value in it.

Fortunately, there are a lot of companies like this 😉 Apparently, P3D isn't one of them with this silly pricing.

Tomáš Pokorný

Just now, Thomasso said:

Of course, the model works for everyone except the least fortunate. I am very happy to support honest companies that don't overprice their products and that don't charge for stupid stuff. And also I am willing to pay a lot for quality, if I see value in it.

Fortunately, there are a lot of companies like this 😉 Apparently, P3D isn't one of them with this silly pricing.

Value is a relative thing.  It has always been that way. Just because you're aggrieved by the pricing model, doesn't make them 'dishonest'.  It's a transparent model, and you can choose to buy or not.   It doesn't mean that I  (or anyone else) who does pay for it,  has lots of money either.  We just perceive the value of what we are getting, differently.  That's just the way the world works.

• Like 2