Sign in to follow this  
apomet

ILS approach

Hello,

I am evaluating Pilot2ATC on the 10 day demo.

Today I flew to a big international airport with a 777-300 ER and I was assignes a VOR approach.

Is there a setting where Pilot2ATC assigns always an ILS approach whenever it is available?

Thank you

You probably just need to uncheck the option on the FltPln tab to "Randomize Approach Types".  With that unchecked, you will be given the highest precision approach available for the active runway.

It would be very rare for a VOR to be the only approach for a major airport, unless very strong winds are forcing the use of a minor runway.

Dave

It was unchecked, nevertheless I was given the VOR approach. There was not an ILS approach for the given runway but Pilot2ATC could have picked another runway, close enough with a close direction with an ILS approach.

Thanks anyway.

I suspect your wind limits are set too low for the aircraft you are flying.

Go to Taxi Mnt (button to right of Flt Plan) and select the Runways tab.

At the bottom of that tab, there are settings for Max Crosswind and Tailwind.  Set those higher and then you will get an ILS if it is within limits for that setting.  (This setting is one that is on the list to move in a future release.)

For airports you frequent, you can set up Preferred runways and even make short runways unusable on this tab.

Dave

You can also request any approach you want if you don't like the one you were given. I usually wait until I get the "expect the X approach to the Y runway" and then make the request.