Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Prepar3D v5 Released

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Wow, helps a lot thanks. Is all of that needed in V5, as they didn’t improve on any of that?

"Need" is very much in the eye of the beholder.

Cheers!

• Like 3

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

37 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Also note that OrbX does NOT intend to convert Vector, because, as they state, P3Dv5 data is often newer! Halleluja!! So happy about that 🙂 

Does this mean v5 will include a vector/utx resolution of vector data, coastlines etc?  For me it was more the issue of resolution and detail than how new the data was.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I can get to the store but I can't add the product into my cart. It can't establish a connection. Tried on multiple browsers.

Just now, Quasimodo said:

Downloading now! about 15mb/s. About 20mins to go!🤣

Wow. 1mb/s would be nice 😖

Cheers

Steve Hall

23 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Just saw someone got a "server connections maxed out at 1200" LOL I guess not many folks are interested in this release. LOL!!!

Perhaps the servers are maxed out by people who are already demanding their money back.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

3 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Wow, helps a lot thanks. Is all of that needed in V5, as they didn’t improve on any of that? I last used prepar3d in V2..... 

No...they improved the ability for 3rd party developers to deliver better content; however, IMO, you'll 'need' those programs I listed.  To that point, the ground, airport and night lighting textures have not changed since FSX, let alone V2.  They did, however, add TrueSky interrogation; so, programs like REX SkyForce are no longer needed (I think).  Still, there's no live weather or shaders; so, those programs are a must, IMO.  

I will let others chime in on the necessity of the other programs; nevertheless, I wouldn't fly without them!  

• Like 1

Matt King

wish I could show you the flying trucks everywhere...but the whole avsim image linking thing is above my understanding...

2 hours ago, rickgo said:

How large is the download?

22.9 GB

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Just now, marco1989 said:

Bonsoir de Paris 🙂

Paris.png

LOL.......That looks horrible. sorry

• Like 4

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

The ground textures and the buildings look awful; however, that's to be expected.  The sky does look pretty good tho; at least IMO...

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt King

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

Maybe better in full resolution (see link above) 😅

48 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Also note that OrbX does NOT intend to convert Vector, because, as they state, P3Dv5 data is often newer! Halleluja!! So happy about that 🙂 

Really? Wow...

V5 💕

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

MK Studios are fast out the blocks LEPA for P3Dv5 on sale today.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg