Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Prepar3D v5 Released

44 minutes ago, FishermanIvan said:

Why does it look like a desert?

Default spring textures.

Another big change I noticed, Area 51 is now called Homey, and uses KXTA now instead of AR51 or whatever the code was before. It also no longer uses the FSX scenery, and is a lot less detailed as a result, however it now has parking spots.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Yes, Yes, Yes, No.

Thanks! Great to hear FAOR is there now rather than FAJS. ZBAD can be easily added as in v4, but changing the code for an existing airport can lead to all sorts of incompatibilities, so glad that got fixed.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

First flight from CNV9 my home airport near Quebec (CYQB). It was not there in previous version and it is a small airport so good news. If CNV9 is there (5 years old airport), then a lot of other airport should be there. Runway 24 is sloped in real life but not in the default version. So maybe sloped runways is not applied across the board.

Tried download the latest FSUIPC but it needs a new registration (repurchase?). I checked on Simmarket but no Prepar3d v5 version. I will explore this further tomorrow.

Chaseplane seem to need migrating to the new delivery method. To investigate also tomorrow....

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

4 minutes ago, kama2004 said:

So maybe sloped runways is not applied across the board.

Yeah it's apparently only applied to a handful, I'm not sure what default airports have it other than Courchevel

55 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

I'm running a 6600k with a 980ti and the increase in performance is huge.

With all your addons installed as your previous version of P3d ?

23 minutes ago, kama2004 said:

Tried download the latest FSUIPC but it needs a new registration (repurchase?). I checked on Simmarket but no Prepar3d v5 version. I will explore this further tomorrow.

John Dowson said FSUIPC6 should be available tomorrow or Thursday from SimMarket. Upgrade price for previous registered owners of FSUIPC is approximately $10.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

There's an Oil Rig just sitting outside of CYYC in the middle of a residential area. How the hell does that happen? Default scenery.

Hey guys,

Okay, I'll Installed w/orbx, and...

Ugh colours and lighting is just...weird all the time. It's like having elements that do enhance the realism in lighting but mixed in with a seriously messed up colour / contrast palette which just confuses the brain...about the time of day and the colour of the sky. 

I'm hopeful as we get more addons things will help, but I seriously don't know how they could look at this as a release candidate. It needs a lot of fine tuning. Has there been a leadership change on the team or something? This just seems a strangely unpolished or lacking standard for a new version.

Also the clouds are just fuzzed out blobs with no definition. There is not really any sense of volumetric anything in flying through them. Could be I need to tinker more with settings...

Sorry to say but it feels like they needed another month or two of work on it before releasing. Hope that 5.1 is coming sooner rather than later (yikes!).

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

1 minute ago, Purr said:

There is not really any sense of volumetric anything in flying through them.

Did you enable this?

UZcIrqR.png

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

Did you enable this?

UZcIrqR.png

Yes, I tried a variety of settings with the slider and checkbox...maybe somehow I didn't have decent cloud formations but it was either super fuzzed out or looked like fsx clouds. How are your clouds looking? Maybe I have missed something.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

1 hour ago, Purr said:

Yes, I tried a variety of settings with the slider and checkbox...maybe somehow I didn't have decent cloud formations but it was either super fuzzed out or looked like fsx clouds. How are your clouds looking? Maybe I have missed something.

Mine look like how they do in the trailer, fuzzy yeah, but not like the FSX ones.

They added some new buildings to Manhattan including One WTC, made to match the quality of the other stock building models.

PzCvW5H.png

Edited by Tuskin38

Initial thoughts after flying it the past 4-5 hours:

Performance: I did the same settings in 4.5 plus added the TrueSky beta clouds on medium (had on high but it ate up my vram), gained 15-20fps in the stock f22 over eglin from v4-v5 with orbx installed. Seems pretty smooth

Graphics: Orbx is orbx. Stock is still a slightly better fsx look. Unsure of the lighting/contrast in the shaders. Hopefully we get some PTA love. I did notice that the water LOD range was far smaller than the ground textures resulting in some blurry water in areas where I could clearly see the land near that and it was nice and clear. Maybe a driver issue or something, unsure of it.

So far it is a bit buggy BUT it seems to be a great starting point to build into the future on.

Addons: Got the A2A Cub, V35, 172, 182 to work. Chase plane with track ir. Working on FSEconomy etc. I did try the Alabeo 421, and it had VC panel issues. Seems some stuff will need updated to work...and who knows how long some of that will take. Really want my RXP 750 and Active Sky but obviously I would rather wait for a non buggy port.

• Like 2

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

5 hours ago, lance742 said:

Anyone else getting this error?

JxtBtkB.png

Same for me. Turing firewall off is of no help. Any ideas ?

Carsten U

3 hours ago, kama2004 said:

First flight from CNV9 my home airport near Quebec (CYQB). It was not there in previous version and it is a small airport so good news. If CNV9 is there (5 years old airport), then a lot of other airport should be there. Runway 24 is sloped in real life but not in the default version. So maybe sloped runways is not applied across the board.

Chaseplane seem to need migrating to the new delivery method. To investigate also tomorrow....

You must buy upgrade, 10Eu without VAT ...

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Found in The net:

• Like 2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2