Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Prepar3D v5 Released

Is everyone enjoying the addition of sloped runways?   ….. would be nice to see some screenshots please  …. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YoYo said:

Btw. Without Enhanced atmospheric ... it looks like v4  (video found in the net):

Yoyo, how do you know it looks like P3D v4 if all you have is a random video? How do you know what settings that was shot with?

If i’m not mistaken, you don’t have v5 (and you don’t like it much for some reason).

As someone who has flown it, looks quite different and performs very different from v4. It’s not all about Truesky, that’s an optional feature that is still in beta. Take a look at the color palette, the shadows and the lighting. It’s a new DX12 engine, it’s not v4.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, LHookins said:

😄Question:  do your hours and maintenance carry over to v5 if you do this, or does everything start fresh?

They carried over for me. I copied the folder and dropped into the v5addons folder and all the hours and settings for gps etc transferred with it too.

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

6 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

How do you know what settings that was shot with?

If you watch whole video you can see that his part with his settings.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Do we still need Tomato or is the lighting so improved that it is not necessary

36 minutes ago, YoYo said:

If you watch whole video you can see that his part with his settings.

Fair call, he does indeed show his settings, and move his sliders part way right as well.

Without trying to over think the settings etc, the graphics in that video look like word not allowed, More like FS9 than v4.5

He’s chosen harsh lighting over ugly terrain - combine that with the terrible default landclass and you have the embarassing graphics that you see there.

Pro-tip: do NOT fly P3D over default terrain. Ever.

LM have not significantly enhanced that - it still looks like mediocre 2006-era graphics.

What they have done is built the initial framework of a potentially great engine, that allows quality scenery to perform much better than v4.5 ever did. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

What they have done is built the initial framework of a potentially great engine, that allows quality scenery to perform much better than v4.5 ever did. 

Precisely

I wasn't particularly sold on the new atmospheric effects and the overall lighting change at first but flying some more, adding in some OrbX and really getting to enjoy a flight with the much improved performance, the whole experience is growing on me for sure. Really like the new haze / atmospheric scatting out of the box. Just finding the water a bit odd, it almost looks 'out of focus' at times when you look at it closely. Lacks some crispness. 

JUL9F6V.jpg

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

34 minutes ago, Sethos said:

I wasn't particularly sold on the new atmospheric effects and the overall lighting change at first but flying some more, adding in some OrbX and really getting to enjoy a flight with the much improved performance, the whole experience is growing on me for sure. Really like the new haze / atmospheric scatting out of the box. Just finding the water a bit odd, it almost looks 'out of focus' at times when you look at it closely. Lacks some crispness. 

JUL9F6V.jpg

That is a fantastic shot. I am sure v5 Will mature into a fantastic sim. Kudos.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

15 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Sorry, have been hitting the sim pretty hard lately. Is something going on out there in the wider world?

I would check the news, but i’m currently busy with the v5 download. 🙂

😉

I wish I could be in a real plane though... 

FSXWX works with V5, the app itself hasn’t been officially updated for V5, but I tried it and weather did inject. Now if it was 100% accurate or not I don’t know, but it rained where it should have, strong wind where it should have, snow etc, it seems to be fine.

Could be a good free option until the payware options update.

Edited by Tuskin38

13 hours ago, Purr said:

Hey guys,

Okay, I'll Installed w/orbx, and...

Ugh colours and lighting is just...weird all the time. It's like having elements that do enhance the realism in lighting but mixed in with a seriously messed up colour / contrast palette which just confuses the brain...about the time of day and the colour of the sky. 

I'm hopeful as we get more addons things will help, but I seriously don't know how they could look at this as a release candidate. It needs a lot of fine tuning. Has there been a leadership change on the team or something? This just seems a strangely unpolished or lacking standard for a new version.

Also the clouds are just fuzzed out blobs with no definition. There is not really any sense of volumetric anything in flying through them. Could be I need to tinker more with settings...

Sorry to say but it feels like they needed another month or two of work on it before releasing. Hope that 5.1 is coming sooner rather than later (yikes!).

I'm into my second beer and batch of popcorn.  This is exactly why I I'm getting so so tired of this ongoing, reinstalling, fussing, computer upgrades, whatever.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

13 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

With all your addons installed as your previous version of P3d ?

Yes, aside from ENVTEX/ENVSHADE and using clear skies since I'm not using Active Sky in V5 yet. Comparing between the two, with TrueSky off, in the same region I always fly in ORBX CRM area and the difference is impressive.

I also loaded up a quick flight at KRNT with the same exact scenario and settings in both sims.

v4.5 - Bouncing around 40FPS

v5 - Holding 60FPS

• Like 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"