Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Prepar3D v5 Released

What do you guys fly in V5? Are there any third party aircraft functioning yet?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

10 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Here is the Majestic Q400 Pro at work, very nice VC color and feeling now :smile:

Oh! Is that via a native installer or do you have to perform some tricks to get it to work? 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

How much VRAM do you have?

Edited by Branimir

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

12 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Here is the Majestic Q400 Pro at work, very nice VC color and feeling now :smile:

1586970029-p3dv5-q400-2.jpg

1586969773-p3dv5-q400.jpg

Your screen shots are really amazing! I would like to know what addons and settings you are using to achieve this🙂

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Oh! Is that via a native installer or do you have to perform some tricks to get it to work? 

I've just copy the whole \SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\ folder to the the one in v5.

The only stuff not working I see is the dome light,I don't care this one :smile:

• Like 1

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

7 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Your screen shots are really amazing! I would like to know what addons and settings you are using to achieve this🙂

The scenery is from the new RHONE-ALPES VFR VOL.1&2 from France VFR - see here (currently all VFR sceneries are discount).

About the settings nothing really special, original shaders of course, only the new Beta atmospheric.

Edited by roland_lfor
  • Like 1

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

21 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

ere is the Majestic Q400 Pro at work, very nice VC color and feeling now 

great shots

3 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

The scenery is from the new RHONE-ALPES VFR VOL.1&2 from France VFR - see here (currently all VFR scenery are discount).

About the settings nothing really special, original shaders of course, only the new Beta atmospheric.

Thanks, I'll really have to look into this scenery. Yours shots look so much better than anything else I have seen so far!!

What frame rates are you getting and is autogen popping still evident with v5? Thanks.

Edited by Caveney737

10 minutes ago, Branimir said:

How much VRAM do you have?

I have a RTX 2080ti with around 8GB of VRAM, but on such scenery I use less than 6. The most I've seen yet is over the hudge Paris VFR scenery where I used 6.5GB of VRAM.

Roland

2 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

What frame rates are you getting and is autogen popping still evident with v5? Thanks

On this one I think around 50fps with heavy scenery settings 3800*1080 pixels, Shadows setting and range at maximum, Cloud texture as max as well.

About autogen popping it's like with v4 I think: if you exceed your rig capablities of course you'll see blurries and autgen popping because thye will be loading too late.

• Like 1

Roland

18 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

I as well!

Jason C CYYJ

Prepar3D v5.0 | i9-10900K 5.0 GHz (OC) | Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm Rad | MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200MHz (OC) | GIGABYTE Z490 Aorus Ultra | XPG GAMMIX S11 PRO 2TB NVMe SSD | Corsair RM850i 850W PS | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Dell 27 inch G-Sync 144Hz Gaming Monitor

6 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

On this one I think around 50fps with heavy scenery settings 3800*1080 pixels, Shadows setting and range at maximum, Cloud texture as max as well.

About autogen popping it's like with v4 I think: if you exceed your rig capablities of course you'll see blurries and autgen popping because thye will be loading too late.

In v4 I was getting autogen problems even when my system was well within its capabilities, especially when

descending from high altitudes when it would disappear altogether - even with draw distance set to medium!

Thanks for the info.

5 hours ago, Sethos said:

I wasn't particularly sold on the new atmospheric effects and the overall lighting change at first but flying some more, adding in some OrbX and really getting to enjoy a flight with the much improved performance, the whole experience is growing on me for sure. Really like the new haze / atmospheric scatting out of the box. Just finding the water a bit odd, it almost looks 'out of focus' at times when you look at it closely. Lacks some crispness. 

JUL9F6V.jpg

Looks good!

I tried to do a comparison pic to my PHNL in v4.5

MNFacdI.jpg

Yours looks more realistc.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.