Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

P3Dv5 - who will be the first?

I have exactly 1 hour, 30 minutes left on the download, so figure 5:15 PM EDT. Post below when you get it going. Screen shots welcome!!!

Downloaded and unpacking right now.....

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Been flying around for the past 10 minutes. While performance seems great, I'm having a real hard time coming to terms with the new look. Lighting is completely different and it doesn't look natural at all. Always appreciated that about P3D, it had a very natural tone you could spruce up a bit, whereas this just has some weird tones and filter. It honestly looks like Dovetail's Flight Sim World, that was almost impossible to get looking natural. 

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Y'all in here flying already or talking about how you'll be there in an hour and my poor self will have to leave the PC running overnight because 22.7 GB will take around 11 hours for me... welcome to the world of slow internet. In my world it's only 2005-ish.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Would be nice to see some clear sky comparison screenshots with and without truesky activated 🙂 That will give a good idea of how lighting changed in various conditions i think

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

V5 installed and running.  I fly exclusively VR, so, my comments are based on VR flight. 

1.  The oversized cockpit issue while in VR is back.

2.  Presently installed Orbx stuff via Central.  Having to install each scenery individually.  Will take some time.  Installing all scenery into xml.  Will report back how that works.

3.  Setup controls using the default P3d controls interface, until FSUIPC 6 is available.  It works, just not as crisp as with FSUIPC.

Danny

Danny

2 minutes ago, DannyR said:

The oversized cockpit issue while in VR is back.

Never heard of it. Please elaborate, sounds bad...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

12 minutes ago, DannyR said:

V5 installed and running.  I fly exclusively VR, so, my comments are based on VR flight. 

1.  The oversized cockpit issue while in VR is back.

2.  Presently installed Orbx stuff via Central.  Having to install each scenery individually.  Will take some time.  Installing all scenery into xml.  Will report back how that works.

3.  Setup controls using the default P3d controls interface, until FSUIPC 6 is available.  It works, just not as crisp as with FSUIPC.

Danny

How about this I just found out!:

"Enhanced atmospherics is not supported in virtual reality mode and has been disabled"!

That does not fit to what LM wrote earlier: 

So VR is not fully supported as the new TrueSky does not work in VR? Others?

Did I miss something?

Windows 10 latest build

All drivers up to date

RTX 2080ti

i7 8700k OC to 5.1GhZ

Clean install, not 1 addon installed now

Just not fully compatibel

VR with HP Reverb via Steam VR

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

are cloud shadows now included in the release version ?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

12 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

"Enhanced atmospherics is not supported in virtual reality mode and has been disabled"!

Did I miss something?

Windows 10 latest build

All drivers up to date

RTX 2080ti

i7 8700k OC to 5.1GhZ

Yep, I got the same indication.

Danny

Danny

12 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Did I miss something?

Windows 10 latest build

All drivers up to date

RTX 2080ti

i7 8700k OC to 5.1GhZ

Wow.... thats pretty messed up if true, especially to not include a disclaimer regarding that.  Very dissapointing.

• Upvote 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

28 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Been flying around for the past 10 minutes. While performance seems great, I'm having a real hard time coming to terms with the new look. Lighting is completely different and it doesn't look natural at all. Always appreciated that about P3D, it had a very natural tone you could spruce up a bit, whereas this just has some weird tones and filter. It honestly looks like Dovetail's Flight Sim World, that was almost impossible to get looking natural. 

I agree 100%, washed out colors looks terrible compared to P3D V4.5.

PLUS that they didn't fix the issue with ground textures loading in distance and you keep on seeing the same problem with loading in squares. That's why all the videos on the net are with haze conditions to hide the same on going problem with this issue.

What is  noticeable is the performance so far, other wise if you compare it with out of the box with all these videos on YouTube that use all kind of enhancements and tweaks it's not good.

Unfortunately very disappointed and unhappy about all these people making these short movies misleading people about the product.

• Like 2

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Cool will wait and here more reviews.  VR is absolute must for me.  DCS is amazing in VR, was hoping for LM TrueSky clouds in VR.  CC is on hold till I read more feedback

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)