Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
mdreyer

Justsim 5 euro sale (3rd one) - 16th of April for 24 hr.

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Bought 3 more. I have the AS version. Based on the reviews, maybe it's not worth upgrading. Do you have the AS version? If so, do you recommend me upgrading? Thanks!

Looking at the Aerosoft version (screenshots) I've noticed sim-wings ground textures are cartoonish and unrealistic.

This is the main reason I did not go with that version but again it is a matter of taste, I know many love the sim-wings products and I have some of their other airports as well

  • Upvote 1

Shom

[P3D v4.5 HF2 running on Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, EVGA 1080Ti, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[FSLabs A320, PMDG 737 NGXu, PMDG 777, AS CRJ Pro, CS 757 iii, Fly The Maddog X, Majestic Dash 8, QW 787, TFDI 717, AS Airbus ProFeelthere E175/195 v3]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Based on the reviews, maybe it's not worth upgrading. Do you have the AS version? If so, do you recommend me upgrading? Thanks!

Well, actually I can see only two reviews and both are very positive. The only complain (in one case) is the lack of full island coverage with photosceney, which for me doesn't matter, as I hate photoscenery.
I did use Aerosoft LEPA in the past (starting in FSX, I guess) and it was nice, but I always deactivated the photoscenery. The airport was nice, but the JS/DD version is much newer, uses the latest techniques, performs very well and fits my taste.
And for 5 euro? 🤔😎

  • Like 2

Rafal Haczek

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Well, actually I can see only two reviews and both are very positive. The only complain (in one case) is the lack of full island coverage with photosceney, which for me doesn't matter, as I hate photoscenery.
I did use Aerosoft LEPA in the past (starting in FSX, I guess) and it was nice, but I always deactivated the photoscenery. The airport was nice, but the JS/DD version is much newer, uses the latest techniques, performs very well and fits my taste.
And for 5 euro? 🤔😎

The photoscenery is not the best, but the airport does look great in p3d v4.5. I use PTA and the coastlines look great too. I will probably buy it based on your recommendation.

I still have a few minutes to think about it. 😃

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've given JustSim a bit of stick in the past (lack of immersion and bland textures) but i've just bought, installed and explored EDDS and LEPA and i must say i am quite impressed and like Rafal points out - 5 euros a piece...... A no brainer! 

  • Like 2

Chris Howard
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already have the Aerosoft simWings Palma de Mallorca, and just had a look at JustSIm's on offer, but there is also much higher-priced version from MK Studios.

Just pondering do I wait for simWings to upgrade their already dated Palma, go for the JustSim(bargain at €6) or opt for the MK Studios.

Any thoughts? And Rafal, you raise a good point re: DD, as I have their excellent EGGP


Rick Almeida

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@vc10man I guess it's difficult to give you a clear recommendation here - everybody probably has her or his personal preferences. And as someone already pointed out here, there will probably be no user at this early stage who owns both JustSim's and MK's version of Palma and who can really judge which version is better.

And I add another opinion: Just like you, I own the sim-wings version, and I am still perfectly happy with it. Yes, tastes differ - but because I don't fly to Palma on a daily basis and because I actually like that sim-wings' version includes the whole island, I don't see any sense in deleting it from my system and replacing it by any of the two newer versions. Additionally, Palma Airport hasn't changed so much in the past few years that a switch to the newer versions is really necessary. But these are only my two cents worth...

Edited by FWAviation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FWAviation said:

@vc10man I guess it's difficult to give you a clear recommendation here - everybody probably has her or his personal preferences. And as someone already pointed out here, there will probably be no user at this early stage who owns both JustSim's and MK's version of Palma and who can really judge which version is better.

And I add another opinion: Just like you, I own the sim-wings version, and I am still perfectly happy with it. Yes, tastes differ - but because I don't fly to Palma on a daily basis and because I actually like that sim-wings' version includes the whole island, I don't see any sense in deleting it from my system and replacing it by any of the two never versions. Additionally, Palma Airport hasn't changed so much in the past few years that a switch to the newer versions is really necessary. But these are only my two cents worth...

Thanks @FWAviation. That was precisely what I was hoping to read because as you have pointed out, the simWings version for Aerosoft features the whole island, which I failed to take into consideration, and why shell out again, even if its is a mere €6. Guess I'll pass on the JustSim as well as ML Studios.

  • Like 1

Rick Almeida

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I purchased JustSim LBWN (Varna, Bulgaria?) airport for FSX/A.

What I noticed:

FS9 blue box style trees not totally compatible with FSX.

Poor to non-existent night runway lighting.

I purchased this product based on my previous purchase of LEGE and LFMN.  I was satisfied with both, although I have yet to check out their night textures.

Edited by kttd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

After examining the Justsim LEPA coastlines and seeing all the custom buildings I bought it! That looks like a nice improvement over the SimWings version.

Here's a LEPA pic:

c8NNK9H.jpg

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the fealing when you notice your transaction failed a day later. Lol, this time the sale was not ment to be for me... 😂🖐️🖐️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, tktheo93 said:

the fealing when you notice your transaction failed a day later. Lol, this time the sale was not ment to be for me... 😂🖐️🖐️

Sorry about that. I think they had three sales. You need to check daily so you do not miss out on any goodies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DJJose said:

Sorry about that. I think they had three sales. You need to check daily so you do not miss out on any goodies.

I got a few during the last sale and this month has been a WOW in terms of sales and free products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    22%
    $5,540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...