Sign in to follow this  
simtom

Alpha Build 1.2.10 is now available

Probably are as advanced as the A32N. But better to test one plane at a time, than releasing 3 and not discover all issues. 

What I really wonders is what’s left until they enter in the beta stage. Talking about airplanes but also about features. 

But maybe we will know something else with “save the date”, and tomorrow with the partnership update, if it isn’t delayed again (hope not). 

Edited by aleex

8 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I really appreciate they want to bring the A320 to the ultimate level but when I see where they are now I start to worry about the other jets. Even if there will be only the Citation and the 747 (and there will be others I'm sure), how long will it take to bring all the jets with all the systems working?

I was pretty sure the release would be in June at E3 but now I start to worry about the release not being in 2020... 

I am sure there are different groups working in parallel on different jets. The A320 just was the first one being complete to a level they consider fit to go (alpha) public with it.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

14 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I really appreciate they want to bring the A320 to the ultimate level but when I see where they are now I start to worry about the other jets. Even if there will be only the Citation and the 747 (and there will be others I'm sure), how long will it take to bring all the jets with all the systems working?

I was pretty sure the release would be in June at E3 but now I start to worry about the release not being in 2020... 

Asobo if you read this, you don't have to make all the systems working perfectly for all the jets, just 2 or 3 jets will be enough for the release.

Just let us fly sooner and take your time to build the other jets perfectly in future updates 😉

I agree. I hope they focus their resources on the core sim before anything else. There will be loads of passionate 3rd parties to work on the planes. If we get just one nice jet on launch that's more than enough for me if the core sim is well polished and runs well. 

• Like 1

One good GA and one jet is all I need in the beginning. Quality about quantity. For what I have seen so far, I think I will prefer GA and VFR.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Usvart said:

One good GA and one jet is all I need in the beginning. Quality about quantity. For what I have seen so far, I think I will prefer GA and VFR.

Guess I will have to start leaning the A320..... 😱

• Like 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

27 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

Guess I will have to start leaning the A320..... 😱

Same here, did you find any good videos about that?

2 hours ago, Noooch said:

Asobo if you read this, you don't have to make all the systems working perfectly for all the jets, just 2 or 3 jets will be enough for the release.

Just let us fly sooner and take your time to build the other jets perfectly in future updates 😉

There will be no E3 2020, it was cancelled.

Besides that, before being concerned about it’s release, you should wait for official statements. So far they’ve said they are on schedule (based on their last statement about that matter).

Also we have the “save the date” announcement this month. Which could be something concerning the release of the sim.

45 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Same here, did you find any good videos about that?

This guy is a solid source (real life pilot):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9fggL9PwEqSyMDrlLubVw/featured

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

3 hours ago, Noooch said:

I think you have that worry based on development cycles we've had to deal with from third parties like PMDG. If that's the case, throw those expectations out the window. We're dealing with Asobo now.

If you've been following the development of the DCS F-18, you probably heard them saying that the work they put into that aircraft would help with the development of other aircraft they have in the pipeline. Did you notice how much faster the F-16 got to early access after its announcement? The same can apply for Asobo. Once they get everything sorted out with the A320, they can port a lot of that work over to other jets and make adjustments as necessary.

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

16 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I think you have that worry based on development cycles we've had to deal with from third parties like PMDG. If that's the case, throw those expectations out the window. We're dealing with Asobo now.

If you've been following the development of the DCS F-18, you probably heard them saying that the work they put into that aircraft would help with the development of other aircraft they have in the pipeline. Did you notice how much faster the F-16 got to early access after its announcement? The same can apply for Asobo. Once they get everything sorted out with the A320, they can port a lot of that work over to other jets and make adjustments as necessary.

Also, they have 200+ devs working on the sim. The guy coding the A320 isn't the same guy working on the weather, or the guy working on the scenery and so on.

If they come to the conclusion at some point one aircraft is really back on the schedule, they can always release the sim without it, including it in a future update. The work on the scenery, weather, A.I. traffic, seasons etc, shouldn't be affected by the work on the aircrafts, as they seem to have a lot of people working on different tasks at the same time.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I didn't know about DCS.

About development similarities between jets, I thought about that but I believed the differences between Airbus, Boeing and Citation were too big to use the same code. I hope you are right.

13 hours ago, Theboot100 said:

Your glass is always empty.....

Just when it is labeled MSFS. If you label it differently he's doing backflips. 😄

On topic:

It's pretty safe to say, they are aiming for the most detailed default aircraft ever developed for a civil flight sim.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

15 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I guess all the P3D stuff kind of overshadowed this, as I would have expected the A320 to be the talk of the town!

Speaking for myself, while I can appreciate the heavy iron I never ever fly them.  I love flying small general aviation aircraft, preferably in VFR or light IFR situations at low altitudes,

I'll honestly probably never even enter the A320 or the likes of it!

• Like 1

ACES Team: We made airliners with some basic functions. Aren't they awesome!?

Asobo: We won't stop working on these planes till they're more accurate than real life.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.