Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

ORBX Transfer to P3Dv5

I use Flight 1 UTX for USA, Canada and Europe. Are those also no longer needed in V5? I thought these did the same thing as a Orbx Vector.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

54 minutes ago, spilok said:

Great idea.  I did it all tonight.  Moved everything into ORBX Libraries.  Thanks for the excellent tip.  Well, we'll see how it goes when I install P3dv5. It only took me about 45 minutes or so to get everything converted from "inside the sim" to the ORBX Library.

Thanks Nemo and Farlis

Stan

Hi Stan, did you migrate using orbx dload or create folders and copy as suggested above..

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

2 hours ago, spilok said:

It only took me about 45 minutes or so to get everything converted from "inside the sim" to the ORBX Library.

That's what is so much fun about flight simulation.  It's not the flying as much as it is the challenge of constant maintenance to keep everything working as it should. 😆 Time well spent!

• Upvote 2

So far several of my already purchased airports are not available in Orbx Central for P3D V5, like Stockholn, Kiruna and several others.

When installing ORBX-Central for the first time it is asking for a backup folder and the size of it. Today I learned, that the last ORBX Software I installed some days ago, which was LC_Afrika, was installed out of this backup folder. My "data" Harddisk made a lot of noise and no new download was necessary... Unfortunately I accepted the default size of 10Gbyte several months ago, so there was nothing else to re-install from that folder... (I always do a new PC-Setup from scratch, when a new P3D comes out.) This time I did choose "unlimited" to save ALL ~400GByte of my ORBX stuff in the backup-folder too. Next fresh install, when sometime V5.1 will be released, will be much easier.

Ralf

When migrating do you still have the old layer ticked which is unsupported?  I hope P4AO still can be used to switch scenery on/off in groupes with this new ORBX xml methods 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

6 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

Orbx has already said they are not updating Vector for P3DV5 as it is not needed.

That's a shame because now Eagle Creek Reservoir at KEYE is now missing.
How does LM explain this? It's been there since FS 5.0.

P3Dv5

fmGAL47.jpg?1

P3Dv4
fW5cjeD.jpg?1

Maybe the overlooked something? Or had an error in the vector data they purchased?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

9 hours ago, rickgo said:

Hi Stan, did you migrate using orbx dload or create folders and copy as suggested above..

I went into Central and clicked on each Orbx product. One by one. And I was given the prompt to migrate that product to an Orbx Library. The library was created in Users, my name, etc.

One final question:

Does the Orbx Library have to be on the same disk drive as the drive you have Prepar3d on?  I assume so.

Stan

13 minutes ago, spilok said:

One final question:

Does the Orbx Library have to be on the same disk drive as the drive you have Prepar3d on?  I assume so.

Stan

No. It can be anywhere. You can even have multiple libaries in multiple locations.

Edited by Farlis

12 minutes ago, spilok said:

One final question:

Stan

ORBX has a very simple to follow migration process on their forum.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/190948-installing-orbx-products-in-prepar3d-v5/

I have v5 on my D drive and ORBX Central points to its Library in my F drive so the answer is NO on my system at least.

• Like 1

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

14 hours ago, Nemo said:

Given that you have your v4 ORBX installed via Libraries (add-on.xml method) it is very easy.

1. Open and update ORBX Central. Close it.

2. Go Do your Library Folder(s) and rename the folder(s) therein from p3Dv4 to p3dv5.

3. Open ORBX Central and you should see all your add-ons active (green circle). Download/install Global Base, update ORBX Libraries and Object Flow.

4. Start P3Dv5 and confirm each add-on to be used. This can take a while, depending how many ORBX titles you have.

5. Enjoy

The instructions on the Orbx website indicate you should have a p3dv4 and p3dv5 folder in your Orbx Library and only move across the specific folders for those addons confirmed compatible. have you run into issues have addons in the p3dv5 folder that aren't yet compatible?

Ian S

38.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ian S said:

The instructions on the Orbx website indicate you should have a p3dv4 and p3dv5 folder in your Orbx Library and only move across the specific folders for those addons confirmed compatible. have you run into issues have addons in the p3dv5 folder that aren't yet compatible?

That is only necessary if you are going to run both versions of P3D for a period of time.

I have changed the ORBX scenery library folder NAME (P3Dv5) back and forth (P3Dv4) twice tonight switching between them and the sim I was flying (to test) without issue. Just open ORBX Central and point it to the P3D version you want to run next. My library drive is an NVME drive so I didn't want 2 folders 215GBS in size with the exact same stuff in both side by side. In my case I checked every ORBX add on I own against the 230 strong ORBX compatibility list and came up trumps. If you do strike one (or more) move them to a folder and name it what you like and shift them back into the library folder if you need to switch back from V5 to V4 after you have renamed the scenery library folder from v5 to v4 using the ORBX naming. Working for me. Their process is straightforward and the single folder naming is the only step I deviated from their instructions. 

I hope I have made sense here getting late and its been a long day in the lock - up. Been running v5 since 11am NSW time and very happy so far money well spent for the performance gain I have seen.

• Like 1

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

7 hours ago, BillS511 said:

That's a shame because now Eagle Creek Reservoir at KEYE is now missing.
How does LM explain this? It's been there since FS 5.0.

P3Dv5

fmGAL47.jpg?1

P3Dv4
fW5cjeD.jpg?1

Looks to me like the reservoir has been filled in and a housing development built on top of it. LM make spy satellites, so I'm sure they're up to date with this imagery (including the multi-lane freeway cutting through the houses and roads at bottom left of picture, tbh that's not winning any urban planning awards).

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."