Sign in to follow this  
Howellerman

SLX Ready for V5?

I have a "feeling" that given SimLauncherX's installation and setup options that it should bolt up just fine with Prepar3D V5. 

However, I am not so confident it will be able to support both V4.5 and V5 at the same time. Perhaps a different user ID? Actually, that's probably not a bad idea - keep things completely separate.

Thoughts?

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Yes! It worked! SLX creates an entirely different database based upon P3DV5 for a separate user account. Copy all the flights and flight plans over and you are ready to go!

Quite an inventory of aircraft (almost all of them military) for P3DV5.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Sadly, I have to report that SLX is, for now, a no-go in P3D V5. 

It will start a flight, but they all end up at Lat 0, Long 0, in the middle of the ocean. 

Sigh.

John Howell

Aha!

It turns out that the "Flight" entries I have created over time in P3DV3 and V4, which is basically the combination of Aircraft + Airport + Parking Spot, are invalid in Prepar3D V5. That is why the Lat/Lon coordinates are wrong.

When I created a "Flight" entry in V5 using the native Prepar3D facilities, I was able to see the scenario in SLX, change the aircraft from my default (Piper Cub) to the RealAir Lancair Legacy, and launch it.  And it worked!

Now I just have to recreate 170 Flight entries using the native V5 interface. Worth it, in my opinion!

John Howell

Aha!

It turns out that the "Flight" entries I have created over time in P3DV3 and V4, which is basically the combination of Aircraft + Airport + Parking Spot, are invalid in Prepar3D V5. That is why the Lat/Lon coordinates are wrong.

When I created a "Flight" entry in V5 using the native Prepar3D facilities, I was able to see the scenario in SLX, change the aircraft from my default (Piper Cub) to the RealAir Lancair Legacy, and launch it.  And it worked!

Now I just have to recreate 170 Flight entries using the native V5 interface. Worth it, in my opinion!

In addition, I just verified that PLN files launched with the Flight from SLX work just fine! Woo-hoo!

Edited by Howellerman
Added information

John Howell