Sign in to follow this  
CaptainNick

track ir and v5?

Runs fine for me.

• Like 2

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

4 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

You shouldn't need to run the TrackIR game updater. P3D use the same simconnect in P3D as it did for FSX.

It works right out of the box provided that chase plane or EZCA didn't alter its .manifest files

3 hours ago, kama2004 said:

Yes but not necessary in my case as i click the Exclusive field in the Track IR interface which define only one profile for all games. 

Fair enough, just trying to brainstorm other possibilities - I suppose if the v5 executable file is still prepar3D.exe, then updating the game list via the updater in TrackIR probably isn't needed.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

4 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

Did you install Chaseplane before trying TrackIR in V5 or perhaps the initial time you used both simultaneously?

I was using both with v4.5 for a long time. I installed v5 late last evening and simply started v5 to set it up last night At that time ChasePlane started and indicated that v5 was not supported. As I was also waiting for FSUIPC 6 to be installed I closed the sim. This morning when I started v5 everything worked from the start. I always start TrackIR before starting the sim, as I do with Active Sky and Skyforce, and then ChasePlane is started by/with the sim. I have both v4.5 and v5 installed on the same SSD.

Rick

My TrackIR was not working until I opened up Chaseplane. All good. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

On 4/15/2020 at 2:30 AM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Run the setup files in these two folders and then it will auto recognise your track IR. I had the same issue and it fixed it. 

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

This is the definitively correct post in this thread.

I decided it was time for a clean start. I "Reset this PC" and now it has just XP11, P3D V5, TrackIR5, Steam and some Monitoring utilities for Overclocking. First time I ran TrackIR5 with Prepar3D V5 it did not work. I then set both Prepar3D V5 and TrackIR to 'run as administrator' in properties. For good measure I started both programs with Run as administrator in the context menu. TrackIR still didn't work. I then ran the setup files as indicated in the quote above. Bingo! All this on a fresh install with nothing old lurking in the background.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

This is the definitively correct post in this thread.

I decided it was time for a clean start. I "Reset this PC" and now it has just XP11, P3D V5, TrackIR5, Steam and some Monitoring utilities for Overclocking. First time I ran TrackIR5 with Prepar3D V5 it did not work. I then set both Prepar3D V5 and TrackIR to 'run as administrator' in properties. For good measure I started both programs with Run as administrator in the context menu. TrackIR still didn't work. I then ran the setup files as indicated in the quote above. Bingo! All this on a fresh install with nothing old lurking in the background.

One of the first things I tried - didn't work.

I didn't mess around with it any longer and just went to Chaseplane.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

1 hour ago, PurdueKev said:

One of the first things I tried - didn't work.

did you previously have EZCA installed? If you did that's why it did work. EZCA deactivates the two manifest files in the TrackIR root directory so even if you did install the two Simconnect files as indicated TrackIR still wouldn't work unless you also also fixed the manifest files.

1 hour ago, Quasimodo said:

did you previously have EZCA installed? If you did that's why it did work. EZCA deactivates the two manifest files in the TrackIR root directory so even if you did install the two Simconnect files as indicated TrackIR still wouldn't work unless you also also fixed the manifest files.

Never had EZCA installed, but I will check the manifest files.

- Kevin

12 minutes ago, PurdueKev said:

Never had EZCA installed, but I will check the manifest files.

If you have installed Chaseplane, I believe that also disables the TrackIR manifest files so you'll probably never get to the bottom of it. If it ain't broke don't fix it! 😁