Sign in to follow this  
Samany69

V5 Constant CTD after loading

Just got the v5 ready to run. Everything works on v4. V5 keep Crashing after loading screen is finished at 100%. Also something strange is happening every start of the app makes the sim generate scenery things ( I can't recall the name sorry ). Everything is out of the box.

Regards

S.

1 minute ago, Samany69 said:

Just got the v5 ready to run. Everything works on v4. V5 keep Crashing after loading screen is finished at 100%. Also something strange is happening every start of the app makes the sim generate scenery things ( I can't recall the name sorry ). Everything is out of the box.

Regards

S.

I've read a dozen other comments on various websites detailing the identical problem with v5 that you're suffering: CTD after loading. So you're not alone.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Same problem with 3 installs and then reinstall and activate.  Something odd

• Like 1

By chance do you have an AMD graphics card? Curious because I am having problems. I5-9600k, Radeon RX 5700XT on the most recent WHQL driver. V4.5 runs great. However with the same settings in v5 I get a CTD whenever I switch to a cockpit view. Runs fine as long as I stay in the cockpit initially, but if I change seats, or switch to an external view and then back to the cockpit I get a CTD with a graphics card hang. I have tried multiple aircraft and airports and I've put all the sliders left, right and default. Makes no difference. Graphics card is not overclocked and I turned off my CPU overclock to test and no change.

On a positive note, LVFR KMIA looks great (from the cockpit) and performance is much better than in v4.5 even with the Aerosoft A330.

I should note that this problem is independent of both the LVFR scenery and the A330 as the problem existed before I installed KMIA or mapped my A330 add on (which does have some glitches).

Edited by cwburnett
  • Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Thanks all for response. Now I feel better with what I heard from you guys. 

My best regards

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

Thanks all for response. Now I feel better with what I heard from you guys. 

My best regards

What graphics card do you have?

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

4 hours ago, cwburnett said:

By chance do you have an AMD graphics card?

Nah, it's a 1070 Ti ... Asus ROG Strix 1070Ti A8G .

5 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

What graphics card do you have? Nvidia 1070 Ti

Have you made any changes to the Prepar3d.exe profile in either nVidia Control Panel or with another utility like nVidia Inspector? 

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I had a good fly around last night with V5, but this morning, I loaded up the default airport with the default aircraft and I had some issues with CTD due to VRAM.

It showed as 4.9/5.0mb in the frame rate counter, then it crashed. It was dusk/morning so this might have been a bit too much for my card. It is only a GTX1060 which is 6gb and my settings were pretty high so I will have to play with these a little now. I get a new 1080ti at the end of this week so I really cannot wait for this to come now.

• Upvote 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

no problems here, been flying for 24 hours. absolutely luve it

I had the same ctd but after turning off the new beta atmosphere, all was ok.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

Have you made any changes to the Prepar3d.exe profile in either nVidia Control Panel or with another utility like nVidia Inspector? 

Turned down every single setting to the least, turned everything off, used DDU and reinstall many different versions of Nvidia driver version. Still not working. After loading to 100% , it just crashes.

37 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

After loading to 100% , it just crashes.

I had the same problem. I deleted the shader cache and the Prepar3D.cfg, that fixed it.

Shader cache is here: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders

Config file is here: C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2

LORBY-SI

Mine also did that at the beginning. Then I discovered it was because of my RTSS profile, to get the overlay going. Removed that and it loaded up fine. (EDIT: Simply removed the P3D profile within RTSS, to clarify. Not RTSS itself.)

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB