Sign in to follow this  
Samany69

V5 Constant CTD after loading

7 hours ago, cwburnett said:

By chance do you have an AMD graphics card? Curious because I am having problems. I5-9600k, Radeon RX 5700XT on the most recent WHQL driver. V4.5 runs great. However with the same settings in v5 I get a CTD whenever I switch to a cockpit view. Runs fine as long as I stay in the cockpit initially, but if I change seats, or switch to an external view and then back to the cockpit I get a CTD with a graphics card hang. I have tried multiple aircraft and airports and I've put all the sliders left, right and default. Makes no difference. Graphics card is not overclocked and I turned off my CPU overclock to test and no change.

On a positive note, LVFR KMIA looks great (from the cockpit) and performance is much better than in v4.5 even with the Aerosoft A330.

I should note that this problem is independent of both the LVFR scenery and the A330 as the problem existed before I installed KMIA or mapped my A330 add on (which does have some glitches).

I have the same problem, it also happens when switching back into the cockpit. I'm running an Radeon RX 5700.

Did you find any solutions yet?

44 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

I had the same problem. I deleted the shader cache and the Prepar3D.cfg, that fixed it.

Shader cache is here: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders

Config file is here: C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Best regards

Thanks, I will try that in an hour when I get home. I will report back.

42 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Mine also did that at the beginning. Then I discovered it was because of my RTSS profile, to get the overlay going. Removed that and it loaded up fine. (EDIT: Simply removed the P3D profile within RTSS, to clarify. Not RTSS itself.)

I have RTSS running too on global profile. I will try to check it out. Thanks for the info.

Hi...

just found this on the LM-forum and copy it here, as the forum is still rather slow or not responding.

Maybe it is worth a try (seems to be connected to the error reporting option):

****************FIXED******************************

Heading into the P3dv5 cfg file and altering the following line:

[USERINTERFACE]
SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1

to

[USERINTERFACE]
SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0

this allows the sim to bypass the initial scenario screen and head straight into the sim....
From there I was able to head into the options and untick options for error reporting and ensuring that the sim was in windowed mode.....

Once I loaded back into the sim and CLOSED IT DOWN successfully, then upon the next start up I headed back into the options again and ticked the option for showing the scenario screen start up again.

Restarted the sim and it loads without that error.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Marc Weber

3 hours ago, pilotvince said:

I have the same problem, it also happens when switching back into the cockpit. I'm running an Radeon RX 5700.

Did you find any solutions yet?

Nope you can track the thread I started over on LM forums. Hoping for some help today. It appears to be a compatibility problem with our AMD cards.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=136854

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Update: Cleared Shader cache folder ( as suggested by our friend in a post above ) and also reset RTSS Profiles... Now working somehow fine, sometimes glitches around here and there, Some CTD happening when changing graphics settings , this time the CTD was not caused by Kernelbase.dll ... instead this time I saw g2d.dll as faulting module!

Trying to make it fine. Will keep reporting 

44 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Nope you can track the thread I started over on LM forums. Hoping for some help today. It appears to be a compatibility problem with our AMD cards.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=136854

I'm following that thread. I wanted to reply on there to tell them I have the same problem ( who knows, the more people report it, they might make it more important ). However, I can't register myself (the activation email is not being sent, have checked spam). Probably because of their servers being hit hard... 

Let's hope a solution will be here soon.

Update, issue even got worse, now after DDU-ing and Reinstalling different versions of Nvidia driver, the Nvidia control panel is getting installed... All drivers are downloaded from Nvidia official website... 

Will keep reporting.

8 hours ago, dash8q400 flyer said:

I had the same ctd but after turning off the new beta atmosphere, all was ok.

I ran it with my exact 4.5 settings out of the box. First flight: smooth as butter, double the 4.5 framerates. Enabled beta atmosphere for flight number 2: CTD. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mtr75 said:

Enabled beta atmosphere for flight number 2: CTD.

exactly what I'm thinking ...

Update : DDU-ing in safe mode worked, I didn't risk to go new drivers so I went back to 430 . Still CTD happens time to time. Specially when changing graphics setting. I'm trying to figure out what's causing the issue. Another problem is that after installing the 430 it seems like my cpu usage changed, from all core style of P3D v5 to single core hammering of P3D v4. Not sure what is happening there. Will report back again.

It’s not unique to AMD cards. Many of us with NVidia cards are having this issue on startup. 

• Upvote 1

In my case, it was the RTSS profile that I created in my v4.5 that caused this anomaly. Deleted the Prepar3d profile from RTSS,  restarted Windows and P3d v5, and all is good. Now I can explore v5.

Rich L