What is Full screen?

20 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

What is Full screen?

alt+enter

Edited by grandfred29

Frédéric Giraud

On 4/15/2020 at 4:19 AM, ols500 said:

should i get titan x 12 used or wait for nivida 3000

I have a Titan X (Maxwell) with 12GB of VRAM. Actually I have two of them but SLI is not supported in v5 yet. I have not had one VRAM OOM issue. You can pickup a used one on Ebay for $235.

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

purchased radeon vii with 16 GB RAM  can tell you on Monday how the card performs compared to my 2080Ti

Edited by 331BK
  • Like 1

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

7 hours ago, Airtrooper said:

70 FPS limited, or ~70 FPS unlimited? For me this was the key (without a limit the GPU seemed to trip somehow).

Unlimited. I was opening the taps to see what she would give me (who can help themselves?). 

I suspect this problem is similar to the contiguous memory allocation problems we had in FSX but now on the GPU side..

Memory Management in DirectX 12

DirectX 12 exposes GPU memory using a heap interface (ID3D12Heap). A heap represents a contiguous block of GPU memory. Heaps are always used to allocate physical memory for resources.

In other words, if your video memory is fragmented  and no block big enough can be allocated BOOM - OOM, doesn't matter how much you had left...
Edited by Slayer

Well, let me see if I am understood it correctly. P3DV4 shares both VRAM and RAM when VRAM is over, it will start to use RAM. However, P3DV5 will only use VRAM when the VRAM is over the sim will crash, correct?

Cause I am running the P3DV4 on a GTX10603GB and having no issues with OOM.

If you are running an nvidia card, new drivers dropped today (445.87) and VRAM usage has dropped about 1GB. 

Worth checking out!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, liamgiles said:

If you are running an nvidia card, new drivers dropped today (445.87) and VRAM usage has dropped about 1GB. 

Worth checking out!

I can confirm this.

A default J3 Cub sitting at ImageinSim SJC used up 5.2 GB of VRAM and it has dropped to 3.4 GB of VRAM.

But i wonder how LM will be able to cope with this whole VRAM situation. NGXu with LatinVFR Madrid, GSX PBR Jetways, GSX PBR Vehicles, etc. will probably VRAM OOM the seconds it says "Loading Complete!"

Edited by arwasairl

Looks im upgrading my tired old Pc. She just cant run V5 without crashing after about 10 min. of flight. Thats with all the sliders to the left, etc.......

But those 10 mins. are awesome!

• Like 2

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

On 4/15/2020 at 4:44 PM, Farlis said:

MSF is developed in DX11. 

Whether they migrate to DX12 in the future remains to be seen.

Unfortunately after seeing so many videos about MSFS I can't be sure which interview or discussion video it was in, but when asked about DX11 or 12, I think it was the lead developer for MS that answered it was DX11 - the questioner paused for just a second, as though he were surprised and wondering why not DX12 but perhaps he knew DX12 would have issues related to VRAM/ability to go over allocation?

I remember also thinking 'Why not the latest DX?'

Again, perhaps we are now seeing the reason . . .

Edited by Far_Isle_Pilot
clarifying point
  • Like 2

I can tell you this. FlyTampa Las Vegas with Orbx SoCal and the new 61B Boulder City Airport, is NOT happening for me and my 2080. Just not capable of performing a flight for more than 1 or 2 minutes without a CTD and I have my settings well below v4.5 levels. I even had a VRAM CTD with Truesky disabled and textures set to 1024....1024. Memory usage climbs to 7522MB and boom...crash. What a joke.  

Forget running PMDG, weather addons, and any heavy airports. This is a total flop if LM fails to fix this....lol.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 hour ago, SolRayz said:

I can tell you this. FlyTampa Las Vegas with Orbx SoCal and the new 61B Boulder City Airport, is NOT happening for me and my 2080. Just not capable of performing a flight for more than 1 or 2 minutes without a CTD and I have my settings well below v4.5 levels. I even had a VRAM CTD with Truesky disabled and textures set to 1024....1024. Memory usage climbs to 7522MB and boom...crash. What a joke.  

Forget running PMDG, weather addons, and any heavy airports. This is a total flop if LM fails to fix this....lol.

Did you try using 30 hertz + Vsync on + Unlimited 

If your gpu has to deliver 60 hertz or 30 hertz that differs a lot in both gpu load and VRAM load...

Also disabling the Atmospheric feature helps and using the latest NVDrivers.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0