mcdonoughdr

P3Dv5 Excessive vRam usage

15 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Most of you guys that  are not having vram issues I guess are not using 4k

I guess that might be the case....

Alex 

5 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I guess that might be the case....

Thanks,I guess I’ll wait a little longer and see what the hotfix brings.

cheers

mike

I haven't had any issue whatsoever...but again...no real weather no real clouds and no "real"aircraft. But so far I like what I see....

Alex 

I can see loads of vram but my gpu utilisation is like 2% all the time any idea whats going on

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

6 minutes ago, cannow said:

I can see loads of vram but my gpu utilisation is like 2% all the time any idea whats going on

I can load lots of regular RAM when opening Photoshop and just sit idle and observe my computer screen.
GPU usage and VRAM allocation doesn't necessarily go hand-in hand. The GPU is actually doing its job in your case. Loading all textures (and using textures for antialiasing and what not) and storing it in its own memory instead of asking the regular RAM for it.

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

4 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

Take a look here, I'm using a 1060 6gig:-

Looks promising. I think I will go ahead and buy it...with caution.

Whats you settings and is that default scenery you are using? 🙂

Edited by troyboy66

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Here, GTX1080, direct CTD, no warning message, and VRAM at CTD usually 3.x / 6.7Gb...

Bruno Teixeira.
W11 PRO x64 | i9 13900k | RTX4090 | 32GB DDR5 | MSFS

I enabled the Atmos beta and loaded FT Las Vegas with medium setting in both the airport and sim with a stock F16. No other addons.

I have an 11Gb card. My reading was 5.4 usage. I know this is a heavy hit airport but....

I think when folks start adding stuff, on an 8Gb card...the incredible shrinking sim :>)

• Upvote 1

I don't have the VRAM OOM issue as prominently as other people do but every time I fly into an airport with PBR, PBR jetways, PBR aircraft, GSX PBR vehicles, etc. P3D just hangs for me. I't doesn't crash or give me an error message P3D just hangs indefinitely. At default airports, this isn't a problem.

I only have this issue with the NGXu (since that's the only sort of compatible aircraft that has full PBR). The 777 doesn't hang neither does the 747. I doubt it's the 737's fault though.

I've just bought V4.5 (5th April) and I'm considering a refund and purchase of V5. However, on reading this topic I'm not sure if it's worthwhile, because I have RX 5700XT.

v4.5 runs smoothly on my PC with almost all sliders to the right, texture resolution Ultra and screen resolution 1920x1080 (I don't have 4K monitor) with PMDG NGXu, AS, SkyForce 3D, FS2Crew etc.

Has anyone experienced CTD when switching views or OOM's on 1920x1080 in V5? Especially with 5700xt?

Last one: does 14 day refund policy include working days?

ugcx_banner.png ngxu_banner.png

Wonder what's the real issue here as i have 8GB VRAM and with LatinVFR LEMD (new v5 update) and ORBX OpenLC Europe, Global Base and 1440p i am having constant OOM (VRAM) even with default F-35.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Piohib said:

I've just bought V4.5 (5th April) and I'm considering a refund and purchase of V5. However, on reading this topic I'm not sure if it's worthwhile, because I have RX 5700XT.

v4.5 runs smoothly on my PC with almost all sliders to the right, texture resolution Ultra and screen resolution 1920x1080 (I don't have 4K monitor) with PMDG NGXu, AS, SkyForce 3D, FS2Crew etc.

Has anyone experienced CTD when switching views or OOM's on 1920x1080 in V5? Especially with 5700xt?

Last one: does 14 day refund policy include working days?

If P3D v4.5 runs smoothly for you, and if you don't care about the 2D texture clouds then just stay with it. I think v5 was supposed to introduce the trueSKY and better performance overall, but if you don't care or need both of these things, it's better to stay at v4.5.

Edited by arwasairl

1 hour ago, simbol said:

You run 4k? Or HD?

1440p, 32 inch. I have a non-VRAM issue, but when it's running, it's super smooth and 50% better framerates than v4.5.