Sign in to follow this  
mcdonoughdr

P3Dv5 Excessive vRam usage

4 hours ago, DJ Rosko said:

Watching this for sure… New windows and new P3D V5.2 

Curious to know how LM helped out the vram usage.  

LM has optimized the VRAM usage quite a lot. This was one of the major topics for them to improve. And they have decreased  the overall usage and stabilized it also more (when flying and changing things).

I can highly recommend 5.2 over 5.1. 

Marcus

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

8 hours ago, mpo910 said:

LM has optimized the VRAM usage quite a lot. This was one of the major topics for them to improve. And they have decreased  the overall usage and stabilized it also more (when flying and changing things).

I can highly recommend 5.2 over 5.1. 

Marcus

I concur. I just upgraded to 5.2, and where I had all my settings set below the P3D default, I now have them all at their MAX and the GPU load is only 38%, the CPU is also lower. Great job LM.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, portanav said:

I concur. I just upgraded to 5.2, and where I had all my settings set below the P3D default, I now have them all at their MAX and the GPU load is only 38%, the CPU is also lower. Great job LM.

I’m on a 2080 Super 8GB as it seemed the best option budget wise during the time I was getting my PC, I’ve kicked myself every day since for not going with the 2080TI-hoping this will be a done deal now.  

• Like 1

One thing I have found was that using 8xMSSA over 8xSSSA reduced the load on my GPU by approx. 50%. I also found that EA did not produce the clouds and their development that good; I found turning it OFF produced better and more realistic clouds.

I now have nearly everything maxed out except for the Autogen Buildings which remains at normal, and all this on a GTX1080 with an i7/6700 and 16Gb of Ram. I must say LM did a great job with this update - 5.2.

On 6/10/2021 at 9:26 AM, portanav said:

Seriously? That's insanely good...

Eric 

VRAM management is much better, but it's not a total panacea. I still can't use the NGXu at LVFR's FLL + MIA without having to drag settings down or turn off EA to prevent a DXGI on a 8GB card. 

5 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

VRAM management is much better, but it's not a total panacea. I still can't use the NGXu at LVFR's FLL + MIA without having to drag settings down or turn off EA to prevent a DXGI on a 8GB card. 

why do you want to have two airports active at the same time within 30nm? I have both but disable the one I am not flying from/in.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

I am on the way from EDDV to ESSA with the PMDG 737 NGXu. In VR (Rift-S), VRAM never exceeds 2.7GB. Frames are around 30fps and smooth. I am flying not very high (FL340). I see some slight wafer clouds, but only temporarily when the sky is re-arranged following a weather update by ActiveSky. I am glad to have updated to v5.2!

Michael

Edited by michaelth
  • Upvote 1

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals