Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

Shadows P3D v5

27 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

If somebody could just answer this though, because I'm hopelessly confused. Does TrueSky have cloud shadows yes or no?

Less dark than without "Enhanced Atmospherics" ticked but here is light cloud shadow:

JXunuyB.jpg

• Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

What they currently have is weird, just looks like wet patches on the ground under one or two clouds, that doesn't move in relation to the sun's position. Really a far cry from what we used to have. 

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

My belief is that as we are using now volumetric clouds, the shadow effect is proportionnal to the cumulus thickness.

Then try to add a thick layer of clouds and you'll have a better chance.

Edited by roland_lfor
  • Like 1

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

You can postpone the purchase, because version 5 is completely bare. Without addons there is nothing to do. I flew for half an hour and closed it.

• Like 1

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

15 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

You can postpone the purchase, because version 5 is completely bare. Without addons there is nothing to do. I flew for half an hour and closed it.

Many addons work in v5 - I've installed ORBX ground textures and NA land class, and working airports include most of the FSDT, Flightbeam, and Fly Tampa products. V5 is looking very good here. Of course, I'm missing my detailed aircraft (although the A2A aircraft are working), real world weather, and AI aircraft. Soon...

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

8 minutes ago, RudiJG1 said:

Many addons work in v5 - I've installed ORBX ground textures and NA land class, and working airports include most of the FSDT, Flightbeam, and Fly Tampa products. V5 is looking very good here. Of course, I'm missing my detailed aircraft (although the A2A aircraft are working), real world weather, and AI aircraft. Soon...

I'll be back when PTA, ActiveSky, GTN750 and REX SkyForce is available

Edited by BMW969
  • Like 1

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

I agree, let's wait for ActiveSky, then we'll talk again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Here is the exact same cloud coverage  (thick cumulus overcast), same situation, one without Cloud casting, the second with cloud casting:

As mentioned earlier, this might be a calculation of "Hey, there's clouds here, let's just throw some shade on the ground", rather than actual shadows from the individual clouds. We've seen a few examples of shadows that don't really fit with the clouds above nor do they move with the sun's position. So I think they have a static calculation or something at this point. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

6 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I agree, let's wait for ActiveSky, then we'll talk again.

yup

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

If clouds' shadows calculations were fully reworked , I wouldn't expect quick updates from either TS or PTA. Especially from PTA.

1 hour ago, RudiJG1 said:

and working airports include most of the FSDT, Flightbeam, and Fly Tampa products.

I know latinvfr has dedicated v5 installers. Did flightbeam, flytampa and fsdt also update their installers for v5?

Tony Moore

6 minutes ago, breakinghbts said:

I know latinvfr has dedicated v5 installers. Did flightbeam, flytampa and fsdt also update their installers for v5?

I know Flightbeam and FSDT did - not sure about FlyTampa.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case