Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

P3 v5 not enough diskspace??

Hi, I am trying to install P3 v5 on my D drive which has 760gb free. My C drive has 5gb left. I am getting an error message during the installation saying that I have not enough space left. I do nor understand as I want to install P3 on my D drive. Can someone please help?

Thanks

Bernd Jablonka

Because it uses your primary drive to unpack and process contents of the installer into temp folders, then it proceeds to install to your selected drive. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Same happened me I have a small 250gb OS Drive and drives d,e and f are all 1tb SSD, download and extraction was all done to my 1tb p3d drive but I think the installation has a temporary location on the OS drive I had to free around 30gb on my OS drive for it to install

• Like 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

13 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

the installation has a temporary location on the OS drive I had to free around 30gb on my OS drive for it to install

Thanks.  I'm struggling to keep the current 48 gb free on my C drive and I've got my fingers crossed that this will be enough.

I think I'll put the install file on my D drive to free up the space it would take on C before attempting to install.  

If you need space on your C drive, go though it and see if there's anything (for example in your Documents folder) that could be moved to another drive with a link to it on C.  The Windows.old folder, if it exists, is big and can usually be removed if you don't expect to revert to an older version of Windows.  Package Cache was enormous and moving it to C gave me a lot of free space.  I got a good amount of space by moving screen shots and videos to the D drive.

Also, do a Disk Cleanup if that's not already obvious. 😄 

Hook

Edited by LHookins

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

If that happens don't bother freeing up more diskspace. SImply use the individidual installers that also come with the complete package and do not use the installer that tries to install them all at once.

• Like 1

Thank you for your responses, I verymuch appreciate your ideas. Farlis, your recommendation did it.  Great!!

Bernd

• Upvote 1

I ended up having to swap out my 250gb SSD C drive for a 1TB Drive for this same reason.  I also wasn’t able to update windows.  Probably could’ve gone with a 500GB but wanted to be sure I wouldn’t have to deal with it again.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Here is how I got mine to install. Not saying this is the right thing to do but it worked for me, so far I haven't had any problems.I made a folder on a ssd that has enough space and cut all the files that are in the package cache folder located in C program data : package cache:folder. I move everything out of that folder which gave me more than enough room to install P3D. If I run into problems later I will just move everything back. Freed up like 40 gbts

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Probably the easiest fix is to simply move the Windows temp files to the larger drive. I've done it and it works great.  https://www.howtogeek.com/285710/how-to-move-windows-temporary-folders-to-another-drive/  .

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.