Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

My first and not amused impression of P3D V5

I did some flights today and last night.

First of all

• Windows 10 clean install latest build
  • P3D V5 clean install without any addons. Later test with ORBX Global base and LOWI installed
  • i7 8700k OC at 5.1GhZ
  • RTX 2080ti
  • 32GB RAM 3600MhZ Corsair Vengeance
  • Startet to test without any addons
  • Sliders set the same as prior in P3D V4.5HF2 wich was Mid Range for me (especially the Autogen Draw Distance to Medium)
  • Tested enhanced Atmo and normal weather.
  • Mainly without VR (but also with VR - shut that off as VR does not utilize my rtx 2080ti above 10 - 15% wich has to be a bug)
  • First no addons at all - than only ORBX Base and LOWI EU Landclass.installed. 

Nvidia Waveworks 2.0: 

• Has opportunities wich are clearly not used. 
  • Waves are way to big. Oceans, Rivers, Creeks, Sees have all the same big wave look. Totally unnatural
  • The refelction is like "clear Mirror" with blue background......much to reflectiv and very unnatural
  • Sometimes the water seems way to blue and on the other hand way to black.....

This is a no go for me!

Enhanced Atmospheric Weather:

• Not working in VR at all (was not stated in any document or forum)
  • On Screen very unnatural looking "lighting"
  • The cloud layers are FULLY flat implemented and do not "form" with the globe.....like a flat sheet on top of the round earth. This becomes very clear when flying higher altitudes an change to a tail view......What have they done here? Just couldn´t believe my eyes!
  • Clouds are eating VRAM
  • Setting Clouds to Medium quality: Fly above FL350 and look down. You see how a cloud is build/textured. Like a lot of cloud 2d textures from left to right and the same from front to back. It looks like a cloud has a lot of holes from top down looking on it. Well like this #### wenn looking on top of a cloud. Think these hashtags a lot of them together and you have a cloud how it is build in P3D.....Very strange and uggly visible from higher altitudes
  • Fly higher altitudes on fair weather and how higher you fly how darker/doomed the loverall lighting gets....like sunset
  • Strange drawing/gain on mountain hills and other textured models

Also a no go!

They seem to rushed/pushed this one out. I can´t believe they did something like that. The quality of two major changes is far below standard. I don´t care if "enhanced atmo" is in beta. Even xenviro on xplane looked better from day one!  

Also my major issue "blurries"  came back:

I did fly with 400knots at FL 300 above the alps and the terrain image became blurry. With and without enhanced atmo. I used exact the same settings as on my prior version P3D V4.5HF2 wich performed even in VR with these settings without blurries compared to V5 without VR.

No tweaks. CFG standard. Sliders all midrange. 4k Monitor as usual for me., no addon mesh, above the alps, now cities near......

Well....

How many weeks/months do we have to wait till this list becomes fixed? 

Don´t get me wrong: I spend several 1.000 EUROS in last year to build this sim up. 200+ airports, all PMDG planes, HP Reverb, RTX 2080ti.....and so far and so on.For me monoey is not the main point as long as the quality is good. But this is a NoGo for me. I am seriously thinking to drop P3D, get my licence fee back and wait on the next gen sim.

I want a revolution......that becomes more clear to me.

This won´t happen to me again. Not even think about how this willl be after I reinstalled my 250+ addons!

Now that was my opinion and does not have to bother you all.

How are your opinions? Are you "happy" or seeing some trouble either?

Marcus

Edited just now by mpo910

• Like 15
  • Upvote 9

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

First of all

• P3D V5 clean install without any addons. Later test with ORBX Global base and LOWI installed
  • i7 8700k OC at 5.1GhZ
  • RTX 2080ti
  • Sliders set the same as prior in P3D V4.5HF2 wich was Mid Range for me (especially the Autogen Draw Distance to Medium)
  • Mainly without VR (but also with VR - shut that off as VR does not utilize my rtx 2080ti above 10 - 15% wich has to be a bug)

Nvidia Waveworks 2.0: 

• Waves are way to big. Oceans, Rivers, Creeks, Sees have all the same big wave look. Totally unnatural
  • The refelction is like "clear Mirror" with blue background......much to reflectiv and very unnatural

This is a no go for me!

• The cloud layers are FULLY flat implemented and do not "form" with the globe.....like a flat sheet on top of the round earth. This becomes very clear when flying higher altitudes an change to a tail view......What have they done here? Just couldn´t believe my eyes!
  • Clouds are eating VRAM
  • Setting Clouds to Medium quality: Fly above FL350 and look down. You see how a cloud is build/textured. Like a lot of cloud 2d textures from left to right and the same from front to back. It looks like a cloud has a lot of holes from top down looking on it. Well like this #### wenn looking on top of a cloud. Think these hashtags a lot of them together and you have a cloud how it is build in P3D.....Very strange and uggly visible from higher altitudes
  • Fly higher altitudes on fair weather and how higher you fly how darker/doomed the loverall lighting gets....like sunset

Also a no go!

They seem to rushed/pushed this one out. I can´t believe they did something like that. The quality of two major changes is far below standard. I don´t care if "enhanced atmo" is in beta. Even xenviro on xplane looked better from day one!  

I did fly with 400knots at FL 300 above the alps and the terrain image became blurry. With and without enhanced atmo. I used exact the same settings as on my prior version P3D V4.5HF2 wich performed even in VR with these settings without blurries compared to V5 without VR.

No tweaks. CFG standard. Sliders all midrange. 4k Monitor as usual for me., no addon mesh, above the alps, now cities near......

Well....

Don´t get me wrong: I spend several 1.000 EUROS in last year to build this sim up. 200+ airports, all PMDG planes, HP Reverb, RTX 2080ti.....and so far and so on.For me monoey is not the main point as long as the quality is good. But this is a NoGo for me. I am seriously thinking to drop P3D, get my licence fee back and wait on the next gen sim.

This won´t happen to me again. Not even think about how this willl be after I reinstalled my 250+ addons!

Marcus

Thanks for the review.

There are many users who are having CTDs due to lack of vRAM. Can yo imaging what's going to happen when they add hundreds of AI models from AIG?

I'm starting to lose interest in even trying the new version.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I asked this in the other thread you  posted this, but I will ask again in this thread. If you put the sliders up to the max will the clouds look better? You said your sliders are at midrange.

I will stay with 4.5 perhaps, no good VR mode = no deal for me. I saw info about flickering in VR also.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

11 minutes ago, YoYo said:

I will stay with 4.5 perhaps, no good VR mode = no deal for me. I saw info about flickering in VR also.

Someone mentioned in another post about reinstalling the redist Simconnect files to make Track IR work, try this first before you throw in the towel.

Edited by Steve_Ellis

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

35 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

First of all

• i7 8700k OC at 5.1GhZ
  • RTX 2080ti

Nvidia Waveworks 2.0: 

This is a no go for me!

• Clouds are eating VRAM

Also a no go!

Well....

Marcus

FS2004 it is then   👍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

I asked this in the other thread you  posted this, but I will ask again in this thread. If you put the sliders up to the max will the clouds look better? You said your sliders are at midrange.

Yes, they will look better. They look actually good. Shading seems nice, colors also, also the quality when sliders to enhanced atmo cranked up to max. 

BUT: Due the flat implementation it is a immersion killer at high altitudes

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

25 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

Someone mentioned in another post about reinstalling the redist Simconnect files to make Track IR work, try this first before you throw in the towel.

Hi Steve,

where do I find these?

Thanks!

regards Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

They should be in your P3D folder in the redist folder

Edited by Steve_Ellis
  • Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

2 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Hi Steve,

where do I find these?

Thanks!

regards Marcus

Run the setup files in these two folders and then it will auto recognise your track IR. I had the same issue and it fixed it. 

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

• Like 2

Thanks to you both. will try it. Did run them but have to wait till orbx installs more addons. After that I will test. Maybe it solve my HP Reverb VR Problem. 

Running VR does not utilize my rtx 2080ti at all. Stays at 10 to 15 %. Using the HMD Emulator works well. Then you see the RTX 2080ti is getting utlized. 

Well....lets trial and error.......;-)

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Honestly, people just need to stop hyperventilating and give things time to settle in.  It's not even 24  hours after release.

There are historically always a few niggles first which always get addressed soon after.   Stop rushing everything.  Just calm down.

• Like 17
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

Honestly, people just need to stop hyperventilating and give things time to settle in.  It's not even 24  hours after release.

There are historically always a few niggles first which always get addressed soon after.   Stop rushing everything.  Just calm down.

P3D v5 still in beta if you ask me.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I've not tested it yet. There are three big,  new feature implementations.  It's not going to be perfect for everyone on day 1

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Soon? The first patch won't be out for 5 months. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1