Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

My first and not amused impression of P3D V5

Just now, Chapstick said:

Soon? The first patch won't be out for 5 months. 

Well, its not actually clearly articulated what a patch is needed for. If we do need a patch, I certainly hope it won't take 5 months.

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Well, its not actually clearly articulated what a patch is needed for. If we do need a patch, I certainly hope it won't take 5 months.

You literally just said there are always issues that need to be ironed out. Of course there needs to be a patch. In any case, you also said you haven't used V5 yet, so I'm not sure what you think you're adding to the conversation.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Chapstick said:

You literally just said there are always issues that need to be ironed out. Of course there needs to be a patch. In any case, you also said you haven't used V5 yet, so I'm not sure what you think you're adding to the conversation.

Okay, well you just carry on being hysterical and throwing tantrums. 

It might also help if you follow the context of a forum conversation before being smartass.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Buying a product license to wait for a "hotfix" to appear is not a good way to start.

Why have we got used to buying a "new product" that comes full of failures?

It has been assumed that buying a product implies having to later enter a forum to solve the problems they have sold you in exchange for money.

oh, no. 

It is as if they were announcing a new car, and when buying it they told you that you have to wait for the wheels.
I love Prepar3d, I have it and I use it a lot, but what I've seen: cloud ads, which are then "beta" and then flat and white, is not exactly "honest".
It seems that you want to make easy money before the wonderful flight simulator arrives. The only way is to cheat with images.
What good is earning me frames per second if a cloud is a white cotton with no shadow on earth?

something is wrong. I am a good customer. I'll wait but I must say this is a hoax to make money before fs2020 lands.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 7

I do agree on some points, Truesky definitely needs a bit of work.. but ultimately we have to look at the big picture here, whats the alternative, 2d sprites? Talk about immersion killing. This is no doubt a step in the right direction and there's an option to turn it all off, let me repeat that... they gave us an option to turn off what we don't like, can't really ask for more. Also I did not see one mention of the performance gain, which is pretty big from my testing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

You are being over critical.  Take a deep breath and count to ten.

Matt Wilson

Think we need to redistribute some chill pills again.   Since when has a major release been completely free of issues?   V4.0 was a long time ago now, but that wasnt exactly a smooth transition. Nor should it be expected when you are dealing with the countless of configurations, and hardware out there not to mention the addons that linger around in the registry.   

It is somewhat expected to have some bugs at the outset until things settle.  Which is the reason why V4 and V5 can be installed concurrently.  So use V4 for the time being, and as installer updates from addons come about, the dust will in time settle. P3D has never been visually appealing out of the box as did its predecessor. (in fact its ugly)  It relies on addons to enhance. The foundation is there to be used and 3PDs will soon use those features.   Soon you will have Active Sky and REX clouds merging with the true sky.

Think overall its been a good update. DX12 is more balanced, True Sky, Waveworks both are sweet but need to be polished.  The default airports, big difference from the old 2006 database.   Straight vanilla V5 worked great.   Its when I started adding in Orbx stuff did I have some CTD.   The high Vram usage may be the factor, so it just needs to be adjusted.   Mostly everyone is void of having a Titan with 24gb of Vram. 

We will hear about the same cycle in MSFS.  Theres just no way to test with the thousands of machine configs out there without strange issues coming up. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

16 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

Buying a product license to wait for a "hotfix" to appear is not a good way to start.

Why have we got used to buying a "new product" that comes full of failures?

It has been assumed that buying a product implies having to later enter a forum to solve the problems they have sold you in exchange for money.

oh, no. 

It is as if they were announcing a new car, and when buying it they told you that you have to wait for the wheels.
I love Prepar3d, I have it and I use it a lot, but what I've seen: cloud ads, which are then "beta" and then flat and white, is not exactly "honest".
It seems that you want to make easy money before the wonderful flight simulator arrives. The only way is to cheat with images.
What good is earning me frames per second if a cloud is a white cotton with no shadow on earth?

something is wrong. I am a good customer. I'll wait but I must say this is a hoax to make money before fs2020 lands.

Looks like they rushed into it. Looking at the issues people are reporting, they could have released it as `public BETA` instead of final release. 

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just now, CaptainIronside said:

I do agree on some points, Truesky definitely needs a bit of work.. but ultimately we have to look at the big picture here, whats the alternative, 2d sprites? Talk about immersion killing. This is no doubt a step in the right direction and there's an option to turn it all off, let me repeat that... they gave us an option to turn off what we don't like, can't really ask for more. Also I did not see one mention of the performance gain, which is pretty big from my testing. 

yes, i understad but...

buying a product to turn off?

its like buying potatoes with eggs and throw eggs to junk and eat some potatoes. 🙂

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Honestly, people just need to stop hyperventilating and give things time to settle in.  It's not even 24  hours after release.

There are historically always a few niggles first which always get addressed soon after.   Stop rushing everything.  Just calm down.

Hi Erich,

the things I posted are yet there, tomorow there and will probably be there till a new "fix/version comes out. That has nothing with hypernating i between the first 24 hours to do.

These poor done implementations on the back of their customers.

I just can´t understand why this is accepted........or can I....yes I can....because the lag of competition!

There is no option for people who fly VR Tubeliners lonhaul......

I am not some one who is wining. But I am neither some one who is accepting such a quality-mess

$ 60 or $ 200 are prices which you can expect some quality for. And don´t forget to sum up all your addons to make it at least a little bit better looking and feeling.

They could have decided to bring these in P3D V4.6 as beta, bring smaller progression and than switch fully to V5 with the latest fixes so you have to go to V5 to have the end result.

It is not "uptodate" anymore. 

Wait till cloud streaming comes in........probably for round about 10 - 20 $  a month you get an uptodate flightsim and keppt uptodate! Far less then round about EUR 4.000 I paid on addons in just 1 1/2 years where a couople of them just not get updated to V5.

😉

But.....please don´t hesitate to enjoy what you got and what you aimed for. It is just my opinion wich I am sharing here and wait for some reactions and probably other opinions.

Regards Marcus 

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Thanks for the review.

There are many users who are having CTDs due to lack of vRAM. Can yo imaging what's going to happen when they add hundreds of AI models from AIG?

I'm starting to lose interest in even trying the new version.

After about an hour reading this morning...I've personally decided to pass on v5.  One of the biggest draws for myself to make the leap...was nVidia WaveWorks 2.0   I already noticed that most every video had the same wave undulation, energy 'visual' (my term..) but thought it was just early Beta's.  I went directly to the nVidia site and when the engine was utulized...the other games were amazing to say the least.  I agree with Marcus...I think that L.M. barely leveraged the power of this engine...perhaps too much code? Perhaps too much CPU/GPU proc time is spent...who knows...Vram?  Who knows...but yeah...it is not what I had imagined it was going to be...and it's basically v4.5 Ultra.  I'll personally stick with that, and still be quite happy.  It was good reading, all of it this morning...and burned me through 3 coffee's!

Ses

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

18 minutes ago, CaptainIronside said:

Seems to be an FPS gain of about 33 percent, from my take.

15 minutes ago, CaptainIronside said:

P3D V4 bacame really enjoyable with 4.5 and 4.6 at leastb in VR due the performance updates and new nvidia drivers. So almost 2 years after 4 came out!

Do you get my point? 

I am not a beta tester and especially not for 60 or 200 $ pricetag.

That is one of the worst implements I have ever seen from them. I began with the promotion video, than some others who posted "garbage videos" and guess what......they where right.

I´ll find it a shame that a company like P3D, which has top of the bill engineers on board, throw a poor quality "update" of their product on the market. 

Why, because we accpeted this for probably years due the lag of competition.

Marcus

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Public service announcement, a good rule of thumb on forums is that the quoted post should not be longer than the actual post.  Lots of over-quoting in this thread.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

P3D V4 bacame really enjoyable with 4.5 and 4.6 at leastb in VR due the performance updates and new nvidia drivers. So almost 2 years after 4 came out!

Do you get my point? 

I am not a beta tester and especially not for 60 or 200 $ pricetag.

That is one of the worst implements I have ever seen from them. I began with the promotion video, than some others who posted "garbage videos" and guess what......they where right.

I´ll find it a shame that a company like P3D, which has top of the bill engineers on board, throw a poor quality "update" of their product on the market. 

Why, because we accpeted this for probably years due the lag of competition.

Marcus

Marcus...are you going to request, for a refund this morning?  Just wondering...

Edited by Sesquashtoo