Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

My first and not amused impression of P3D V5

16 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Everybody should just chill and take a deep breath. 

I mean, stock water and clouds in FSX, wasn't exactly something to 'write home about'?! I'm fairly certain, that addon-developers will improve on these aspects! The way I see it is, that P3D is more than a skeleton or framework for other developers to build upon. LM has implemented new technologies into the sim, that addon developers can take advantage of from here. As soon as HifiSim, REX and ORBX get into the whole new sim, I'm fairly certain, there's amazing potential - especially with NVIDIA WaterWorks and TrueSky!

Give it some time, people -  and stop jumping to conclusions.

It's not about good things they had in mind, it's about misrepresenting their product and state of development. And the fact that everyone just keeps giving them a pass just indulges this kind of behavior.

14 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Indeed, there are some add-ones developers (won't put names) don't want to answer your questions or even so, with rude comments, like they are doing you some charity and you got these product for free from them, didn't pay for them. 

Too right. I never understand this mentality where people go like "of thank you for this product, take your time, it's all good". For me and for developer, there is nothing emotional in this, it's just a business transaction. And if they don't live up to their end of the deal, then I have no issues with making it known.

Edited by Evros
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Evros said:

It's amusing to see what commercial FS community has become to. Just bend over and take it. If I would act like that with my customers, my firm would get lynched, and rightfully so.

Maybe I should get into that business too. Seems like an easy buck.

nobody has to bend over and take anything.  Presumably you use a current simulator and enjoy it?  Continue to use the product you are happy with.  No one is forcing you to buy a product you perceive as broken.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Just now, MrBitstFlyer said:

No, that is not a fair comparison. Correct would be discovering one of the eggs was bad, returning to the shop and getting a replacement. You still have potatoes and eggs.

With P3d V5 being owned for less than 24 hours, you report the issue to LM and they fix it.  You still have a flightsim you can fly in.

maybe you are true. But i have seen in the videos that the potatoes are not good. So, i enter on another restaurant. i dont need someone fixes me a potatoe. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Evros said:

It's not about good things they had in mind, it's about misrepresenting their product and state of development. And the fact that everyone just keeps giving them a pass just indulges this kind of behavior.

Giving them a pass?  I looked at the promotion videos and thought the clouds looked awful.  I thought the terrain and colours looked poor.  People posted videos showing what they didn't like.  

We all had plenty of material to make a purchase decision.

My view is most software will release with bugs, history has proved that.  History also proved how flightsims improve over time like a good whiskey.  P3D V5 will be no different.  Release bugs will be fixed and addons will improve the base product just like always.

I purchased in full knowledge of the initial negative reviews because of the new features in V5.  Nobody forced me to buy it.

• Like 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

15 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Why buy a product after you have seen 'garbage' videos? You also admit it being two years before you were fully happy with the previous version!  Plenty of competition in flight sim.  Xplane is butter smooth now it has implemented Vulkan and MS2020 is not far away.

Comparing only works when the products you compate at least fit your needs. XPlane doesn´t because they lag of good tubeliners.

If a video is garbage, that does not mean the implementated enhancements are garbage. 

I believed in the product....not in the videos.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

The thing I am most happy about is increased performance and better use of hardware. I will wait a week or two and than buy it.

I really like Prepar3D but funny thing with V5 is that you buy performance and you pay for better use of hardware I bough few months ago that almost no difference in V4 😕

• Like 1

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

1 minute ago, Branimir said:

The thing I am most happy about is increased performance and better use of hardware. I will wait a week or two and than buy it.

I really like Prepar3D but funny thing with V5 is that you buy performance and you pay for better use of hardware I bough few months ago that almost no difference in V4 😕

Be aware of the fact that a lot of users have issues with vram and getting ctd most probably of that issue. So performance is not given for everyone. It really depends on your rig.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

maybe you are true. But i have seen in the videos that the potatoes are not good. So, i enter on another restaurant. i dont need someone fixes me a potatoe. 🙂

Great, so you continue to use your current product.  Maybe after a while you take another look at V5 but maybe you don't. You have the choice.  Personally, if I purchase potatoes from a shop I trust, I am willing to forgive them if one potato is bad.

I do find it odd all this negativity less than one day from release.

4 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Comparing only works when the products you compate at least fit your needs. XPlane doesn´t because they lag of good tubeliners.

If a video is garbage, that does not mean the implementated enhancements are garbage. 

I believed in the product....not in the videos.

Absolutely agree with you and that is why I purchased V5.

2 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Be aware of the fact that a lot of users have issues with vram and getting ctd most probably of that issue. So performance is not given for everyone. It really depends on your rig.

correct, LM didn't have the luxury to test on everybody's rig 😂  This problem will be sorted.

• Like 1

Sad reality is that nowadays we're all paying beta testers. 

But honestly I'm not going to pay 200€ to beta-test a product that should've been a (very good) update and not a full new version.

What grinds my gears (cit.) 😄 is that LM has released v5 now because they perfectly know that we're all locked out and many of us were ready to buy. 😞

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

MSI Tomahawk B550, Ryzen 5800X3D, Gigabyte RTX 4070 Gaming OC, LG Ultragear 27GP850P, 32GB DDR4 RAM, ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280

Just now, MrBitstFlyer said:

Great, so you continue to use your current product.  Maybe after a while you take another look at V5 but maybe you don't. You have the choice.  Personally, if I purchase potatoes from a shop I trust, I am willing to forgive them if one potato is bad.

I do find it odd all this negativity less than one day from release.

buy buy

49 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I will wait 1 1/2 weeks. If there are signs from LM that they "see" the issues and working on a "patch" and state what this will fix, I will wait, otherwise I will ask for a refund.

Unfortunatly I can´t post on LM due the fact my password reset does not work and they won´t react......so have to post here and hope that others post the issues overthere.

Which will give them 3 or 4 days to get the patch out otherwise you’ll miss the 14 day refund policy .. 

If I were you refund now ... sit back ... enjoy v4.5 ... watch the forums and once things settle down and are fixed then and only then re-purchase v5 ....

Result 😀👍

• Like 2

Does the Academic edition show a "watermark" in the screen? Is it possible to remove it? Thanks.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

1 minute ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Does the Academic edition show a "watermark" in the screen? Is it possible to remove it? Thanks.

Yes, by buying the Professional version 🤣

• Like 3