Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

My first and not amused impression of P3D V5

7 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Don’t lose your excitement because of the gaggle of negativity you read here. It seems to always happen with P3D releases, who knows why. So many people going on about how they’re going to return it for a refund, after half a day of testing!

v5 is a big step forward. It’s not perfect by any means, but you’re joining up now for the start of a 2-3 year journey that I think will be very rewarding.

My advice? Just buy it, and fly the darn thing.

It should never have been released in the state it's in. Should be in beta still if you ask me. Like everyone else in the past 6 months everyone rushing to get their stuff out even when it's not ready.

• Like 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

8 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

I'm NOT impressed at all. V.R. SUCKS so far. Worked perfect in 4.5.

No working not worse than in 4.5 VR mode - no deal with LM. 

• Like 2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

59 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Well, this is a disappointing thread to read this morning -- when I was excited to purchase V5. Now I am not sure. I am quite happy with 4.5 and may just say here and wait. I certainly do not want to go back to a platform where I am adjusting sliders simply not to OOM, that, for me, is a backwards step even if there is 30 or 40 percent improvement in overall performance. I have only 8GB vram and am not at the moment prepared to spend over $1,000 on a card to run v5.

One question, is the challenge with vram due primarily to True Sky? If you disable the beta "upgrade" is vram still an issue?

Wow ! Cognita ! I had to smile at your comment .... ' I have only 8GB vram ' .... You already have a fantastic GPU ! The problem is not your card ....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Daytona125 said:

It should never have been released in the state it's in. Should be in beta still if you ask me. Like everyone else in the past 6 months everyone rushing to get their stuff out even when it's not ready.

“In the state it’s in.”

I stayed up last night to download and fly this, got 1 hour of sleep. Flying it again now, and it’s after midnight. This sim is a whole lot of fun, and i’m very glad lm released it. I don’t expect perfection on day 1. What’s here is well worth the buy.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

7 minutes ago, YoYo said:

No working not worse than in 4.5 VR mode - no deal with LM. 

I’m flying happily in VR right now, Commanche over Orbx KJAC.

VR needs work for sure, but very possible to fly it (that’s,90% of what i’ve been doing)

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

15 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

“In the state it’s in.”

I stayed up last night to download and fly this, got 1 hour of sleep. Flying it again now, and it’s after midnight. This sim is a whole lot of fun, and i’m very glad lm released it. I don’t expect perfection on day 1. What’s here is well worth the buy.

I have to respectfully disagree.At least for me the VR is not nearly as good as P3Dv4.5. It is unusable as it is(for me). The frame rates are great in non VR but as I do 95% of my flying in VR it doesn't work at all for me. I do realize it's only been out for one day but as far as I can see it should have been tested totally(and in VR) before paying customers got a hold of it. I am really hoping it gets better soon.

• Like 3

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

15 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I’m flying happily in VR right now, Commanche over Orbx KJAC.

VR needs work for sure, but very possible to fly it (that’s,90% of what i’ve been doing)

More power to you. On my measly system I get a VRAM out of memory the instance I try to enter VR.

2 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

I have to respectfully disagree.At least for me the VR is not nearly as good as P3Dv4.5. It is unusable as it is(for me). The frame rates are great in non VR but as I do 95% of my flying in VR it doesn't work at all for me. I do realize it's only been out for one day but as far as I can see it should have been tested totally(and in VR) before paying customers got a hold of it. I am really hoping it gets better soon.

I agree with most of what you posted. v4.5 VR implementation was mature, this is alpha/beta level, like the early days of native P3D VR. A bit of a mess. I'm going to start a separate thread now on the topic. Cheers!

• Like 1

Oz

Thoughts so far?

Blah.  Nothing without add-ons.

Not gonna fly it until my add-ons start coming online.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Added AIM Traffic and FSDreamTeam KORDV2 for testing

With %6 Traffic I get more FPS out of V4.5 (~30)

https://imgur.com/a/fdqmje6

Then V5 (~25)

https://imgur.com/a/ul0sSXT

That, better REX cloud, weird color transistion at sunset in trueSky and VRAM OOM.... I'm staying on V4.5 for now.

Edited by vincentrouleau

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

8 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Comparing only works when the products you compate at least fit your needs. XPlane doesn´t because they lag of good tubeliners.

X-Plane certainly has its limitations and drawbacks. But to be honest "lack of good tubeliners" is not one of them.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

I hope MSFS meets expectations. If this thread is anything to go by it will make for interesting reading.

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 2

David Porrett

1 hour ago, PurdueKev said:

X-Plane certainly has its limitations and drawbacks. But to be honest "lack of good tubeliners" is not one of them.

its the biggest thing stopping me, but I am VERY picky.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I'd already decided to pass on V5. Sounds like it was a good decision.

• Like 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.