Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

My first and not amused impression of P3D V5

Saved money for now - well we got HF3 (conciliatory prize). 

Oh I am enjoying DCS in VR these days - what a thrill.

Waiting for P3D5.1

If LM thinks my 2070 Super RTX 8GB (Not even 1 year old) is not good enough for - that is just messed up

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Saved money for now - well we got HF3 (conciliatory prize). 

Oh I am enjoying DCS in VR these days - what a thrill.

Waiting for P3D5.1

If LM thinks my 2070 Super RTX 8GB (Not even 1 year old) is not good enough for - that is just messed up

Same here. I was going to buy v5 today but decided to wait. I will enjoy v4.5 for now.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Is anyone having success running v5 with a GTX 1070 video card. I installed v5 on my system and on start-up an error message said the GTX stopped working and then a CTD when the scenario screen tries to load. Will a video card with “only” 8 GB of vram run v5?

Funny reading all the comments. Going back to FS Alpha now

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

40 minutes ago, rlashier said:

Is anyone having success running v5 with a GTX 1070 video card. I installed v5 on my system and on start-up an error message said the GTX stopped working and then a CTD when the scenario screen tries to load. Will a video card with “only” 8 GB of vram run v5?

I'm using a GTX1080 with 8GB Vram and had no VRam OOM yet. Until now I've installed ORBX Global and openLC. I've no VRam issues, but I've to check how it is with more addons installed. I'm using WQHD resolution with 4K texture resolution ("Ultra") and 4x MSAA. It set cloud resolution to low as there is nearly no significant difference between the different cloud resolutions IMO.

Even though VRam might be a problem in V5 with some settings, IMO the performance (fps wise) and graphics have improved a lot.

Edited by skylane182

best regards, Mathias

38 minutes ago, rlashier said:

Yes I’m running with a gtx1070 and haven’t experienced that issue.  I tried loading a scenario in the Los Angeles area with all sliders to the right and orbx socal installed and it loaded without issue.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I must have a corrupt install or a glitch in my system. But v4.5 runs without a hitch. 

Looking forward to the day where we purchase the new release and its smooth, the average system can run it, and the graphics look like this.  Someday folks!  

diamond.jpg

Edited by airforce806
  • Like 4

I'm happy with my purchase. IMO just for the updated world data (coastlines, roads, LC, airports 🥳, navaids, new city buildings, etc) is worth the investment. I just have to wait for ADE to support v5 and I'm gonna be a happy camper. Performance wise, it's better than v4.5. With no fps cap I'm looking at +60 fps and +50 in heavy areas like KLAX. I'm using only Orbx Global Base and Trees HD... OpenLC NA has some issues with some airports... (KLAS and MUHA to name few). I also noticed few artifacts (mesh related) for example near LIMC, but when fs global mesh is released it will take care of all that. My cpu is a 9900k and I tested v5 with HT on and off.... conclusion... HT off is the way to go... with HT on is smooth but with a ~10 fps hit...

YQkJPO.jpg

p3Bzpe.jpg

PD1Ws6.jpg

Default KLAX... Los Angeles

lM6FN1.jpg

Default MPTO... Tocumen International... It includes now the new terminal.

mTZ3Bt.jpg

ZUCK... Chongqing Jiangbei International... P3Dv4.5 only shows the right half of the airport.

wDeJs7.jpg

OEJN... King Abdulaziz International

K5a00K.jpg

RPVM... Mactan–Cebu International

WIzjjN.jpg

VOMM... Chennai International... Yes the runway is over a river...  the bridge under the runway is missing... Needs an ADE touch... 🙂

TIGIvu.jpg

WSSS... Singapore Changi

Bu9n8i.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

I think it's a good move to p3d v5, as it will be easy to port most of add-ons and they will be almost all free upgradable.

P3d v5 is much more smooth and provide more fps than v4.5, and v5 and will the plenty off add-ons in a few days/weeks, running smooth. In a few weeks nobody will be using default clouds, people will be able to change sky colors and everybody will be happly deleting the entire v4.5 stuff. And all of this with a small cost: just the new platform price.

I sincerelly do not believe that MS202x will be released so soon and I'm sure that, after released, we will have to: (1) wait to much to be plenty off add-ons and (2) have to pay to upgrade almost all of our current pieces.

Be sure that a entire new platform (like MS202x) is more susceptible to come with bugs and demand more hotfixes/updates/service packs than a new version of P3D.

In a few weeks those who bought v5 will retire v4.5, as almost all stuff will be already ported and with little to zero cost, but the retirement of p3d vX will take place much more time after MS202x arrives.

Don't expect MS202x + all your desired add-ons to arrive in this summer. I think in the next few weeks, many of you who says that is about to "wait for MS202x" will buy v5.

I, personally, am not going to make any kind of plans related to MS202x release. I have in mind that is a full new platform, that hasn't be named MS2020 by it's developer (it's an alias running on the web), being developed by who already aborted another simulator during its evaluation process and that can be released any year from 2020 onwards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Dexter1979 said:

I'm happy with my purchase. IMO just for the updated world data (coastlines, roads, LC, airports 🥳, navaids, new city buildings, etc) is worth the investment. I just have to wait for ADE to support v5 and I'm gonna be a happy camper. Performance wise, it's better than v4.5. With no fps cap I'm looking at +60 fps and +50 in heavy areas like KLAX. I'm using only Orbx Global Base and Trees HD... OpenLC NA has some issues with some airports... (KLAS and MUHA to name few). I also noticed few artifacts (mesh related) for example near LIMC, but when fs global mesh is released it will take care of all that. My cpu is a 9900k and I tested v5 with HT on and off.... conclusion... HT off is the way to go... with HT on is smooth but with a ~10 fps hit...

I agree with you for the HT OFF...I just added AffinityMask=85, my old CPU does not exceed 60-70% on the 4 cores among other advantages...No more pause for now...Happy.

Richard.

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I just installed on a clean install, now with ORBX global and Europe LC just took of at EHAM.

I don't agree with a lot of people, the lighting is was so much better then v4, when I came to FL100, the vectoring was great, you could see all the little streams. Really amazing for me!

Can't wait till my addons are working! Great potential! Really happy with it!

Edited by rob0203
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

That's what I did by then. But since v4 came out this solution never worked again.

In any normal game you pay for extra stuff, with P3D you pay 140 bucks just to get rid of something extra staining your screen. The LM marketing dept should be proud of that. Or not.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I'm selling a brand new Ferrari for $65 USD. Runs great. Out of the box its beautiful. Headlights are new LED style with new cooling technology that's in the works so if you find its not lighting up the road at all just uninstall them and restart the car. Standard windscreen with wiper. If you want glass you can pay $2,500 for lexan windscreen. You'll just need to add on a few other odds and ends from third party sellers yourself for the following:

Tires, Engine, wheels, brakes, chassis, seats, interior and transmission just to name a few. It comes painted in grey primer so you'll need to tweak it a bit if you want that Ferrari red. We suggest going with a pink primer. In future updates we're excited to announce a horn to use to signal other drivers and the ladies is in the works.

Yeah so after endless VRAM crashes on my system with only orbx added, I've uninstalled P3DV5 after uninstalling orbx and still CTD. Ive installed newest up to date drivers and I'm going to be sticking to V4.5. Its silly to think that in 2020 we pay for a product that's pretty much 14 years old and have to shell out a lot of money to dress it up to look decent.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

Be careful with nvidia control panel if you attend to use v5 and keep V4 alive. 
your profile created with the V4 become the V5 

so high setting in V4 profile could create some crash in the V5 profile

check your’s!🙂

• Upvote 1

Frédéric Giraud