Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

My first and not amused impression of P3D V5

It is running fine with ORBX Global and Europe LC on my i5 8400 / Gtx 1070 8gb vram on 2k resolution. 

Was anyone already able to check if this annoying autogen loading in patches finally got fixed in v5?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, EGLD said:

P3D users have a sort of Stockholm syndrome - happy to drop $200 on a new platform and immediately commit to spending further 100's for 3rd party devs to fix everything

I laughed way too hard at this lol. Perfect description.

• Like 3

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

23 minutes ago, GSalden said:

At this moment I am very sceptical as my server has a 2080Ti that drives one NVSurround image at 2x 4K (!).

Perhaps the V5 default scenery will already be too much for the VRAM..

When turning off the beta atmosphere the performance went back to 4.5 levels with a similar look and feel. But that leads back to the point that its not worth upgrading yet as 2x 4k will push V5 to its absolute max and if you have to turn off the atmosphere to get descent performance then why bother.

I will continue to use V4 for the next while but I have my fingers crossed that it wont take a new 3080ti to get some descent performance out of V5 with the new atmosphere as I really did like it.

Edited by Garys
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Was anyone already able to check if this annoying autogen loading in patches finally got fixed in v5?

Doesn't seem like it to me. I can still see textures loading in as I fly, and also when I rotate quickly and look back, I can see black textures like buildings and airports loading in. Sigh. I thought these would also be addressed but it still happens.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I don't own the V5 yet, but I think that out of VRAM happens because of the higher framerate and users think that they can max out settings (I am not 100% sure).

My V4.5 looks beautifully with current settings but it doesn't run quite well. If I will be able to run v5 with same settings (and all addons) and higher FPS - I will be happy. And I will finally be able to use my RTX 2070 Super.

Are there any users with V5 OOM which set the same settings they had in V4?

Edited by Branimir

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

34 minutes ago, GSalden said:

V5 has been rushed out way too soon.

Why LM did not wait so the Armospheric features worked completely and they had come up with a solution for the VRAM issue..

Maybe LM is urgently needing some cash rolling in? 😂

I think I will use 4.5 HF2 till FS2020 will come out and then I will decide with which sim I will go on.

• Like 2

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD for P3D v4.5

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I am happy I bought it and I very much like the new (beta) cloud and atmosphere representation. However, the default scenery looks as ugly as decades ago, doesn't it? I know their philosphy to leave this to 3PDs, but come on LM, this is 2020.

Going to install ORBX stuff now.

Kind regards, Michael

Hello Michael ! 

Yes you´re right.

And that's one of the main problems here - we have a "FS2004" with Beta ATMO tweaks, maybe a bit faster and nicer but it's NOTHING OTHER!
There were discussions before the release and for me (and I like P3D) but I can't say it often enough - the story starts all over again - and again with the same result - since FSX (and that means FSX, P3D V1.x, P3D V2.x, P3D V3.x, P3D V4.x, always the same default scenery + a little bit (marginally) faster but still not satisfying) 
And that means - 200 bucks + addons + upgrades each ...
I don't understand that some people are so stubborn  (I don´t mean you) and don't understand that it's enough for people - especially this time where one of the most bugged and too fast released versions and this is additionally the point why some people don't want to invest this money again.
Just because it's DX12 ?- and I don't see any cloud shadows or AI Traffic or activated shadows or anything else on these screenshots.
I would like to see if ORBX, all sliders on the right (should work with DX12 without jerking 😉 ), WITH ALL SHADOWS AND ATMO, AI Traffic , FS LABS or PMDG approaching Amsterdam ADDON - so please show me just 25-30 FPS and I would also be convinced this time and I'll buy P3D v5 again (at the moment) - yes it runs smoother - but Vanilla P3D 4.5 and default aircraft run almost everywhere with 50-60-90 FPS depending on the scenery.

I do not understand why they don't get away from this "landclass" solution (cra.) and access a database that is simple, but based on OSM - and you can fill it with detailed addons.
ORBX is nice, also global, but not what we didn't have the last 10 already, just now with some more realistic atmo tweaks in beta. there is talk of "evolution" and "revolution" but for me this is just a small P3D v4 update, as always.
I mean what's the point, we're not talking about a presentation and performance that will knock your socks off, that can (and I don't want to advertise MS Flight Simulator at all) only the MS Flight Sim Alpha in the moment (just on the Alpha Stage). I'm not talking about "system depth" but about the visual presentation and everyone who says otherwise is an word not allowed or liar (and that with default scenery - with addons that probably make it even more beautiful). And I'm talking about the overall impression and with my system the Alpha runs very well. Unfortunately we alpha testers are bound to the NDA, otherwise I would post screenshots where even ORBX looks "old" in terms of landscape ! And that is a fact.
I would call that revolution, like I said I don't want to make P3D bad at all, I will probably get the 5.1 version anyway, but if someone posts me screenshots I know since FS2004 and calls it evolution, then I have to write something like this. sorry, I don't want to upset anyone and apologize in advance, but I just wanted to make it clear.

may be that P3D is intended for "professional" purposes and that this is not really important for the private customer and we are not the actual target group, but I also have to pay for it so I would like to have something for it and in this group (simmer) there is certainly money to be made so it is not to be neglected.

and yes we are in the year 2020 - 

Cheers !

Edited by AUA425
  • Like 7

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

10 minutes ago, AUA425 said:

Hello Michael ! 

Yes you´re right.

And that's one of the main problems here - we have a "FS2004" with Beta ATMO tweaks, maybe a bit faster and nicer but it's NOTHING OTHER!
There were discussions before the release and for me (and I like P3D) but I can't say it often enough - the story starts all over again - and again with the same result - since FSX (and that means FSX, P3D V1.x, P3D V2.x, P3D V3.x, P3D V4.x, always the same default scenery + a little bit (marginally) faster but still not satisfying) 
And that means - 200 bucks + addons + upgrades each ...
I don't understand that some people are so stubborn  (I don´t mean you) and don't understand that it's enough for people - especially this time where one of the most bugged and too fast released versions and this is additionally the point why some people don't want to invest this money again.
Just because it's DX12 ?- and I don't see any cloud shadows or AI Traffic or activated shadows or anything else on these screenshots.
I would like to see if ORBX, all sliders on the right (should work with DX12 without jerking 😉 ), WITH ALL SHADOWS AND ATMO, AI Traffic , FS LABS or PMDG approaching Amsterdam ADDON - so please show me just 25-30 FPS and I would also be convinced this time and I'll buy P3D v5 again (at the moment) - yes it runs smoother - but Vanilla P3D 4.5 and default aircraft run almost everywhere with 50-60-90 FPS depending on the scenery.

I do not understand why they don't get away from this "landclass" solution (cra.) and access a database that is simple, but based on OSM - and you can fill it with detailed addons.
ORBX is nice, also global, but not what we didn't have the last 10 already, just now with some more realistic atmo tweaks in beta. there is talk of "evolution" and "revolution" but for me this is just a small P3D v4 update, as always.
I mean what's the point, we're not talking about a presentation and performance that will knock your socks off, that can (and I don't want to advertise MS Flight Simulator at all) only the MS Flight Sim Alpha in the moment (just on the Alpha Stage). I'm not talking about "system depth" but about the visual presentation and everyone who says otherwise is an word not allowed or liar (and that with default scenery - with addons that probably make it even more beautiful). And I'm talking about the overall impression and with my system the Alpha runs very well. Unfortunately we alpha testers are bound to the NDA, otherwise I would post screenshots where even ORBX looks "old" in terms of landscape ! And that is a fact.
I would call that revolution, like I said I don't want to make P3D bad at all, I will probably get the 5.1 version anyway, but if someone posts me screenshots I know since FS2004 and calls it evolution, then I have to write something like this. sorry, I don't want to upset anyone and apologize in advance, but I just wanted to make it clear.

may be that P3D is intended for "professional" purposes and that this is not really important for the private customer and we are not the actual target group, but I also have to pay for it so I would like to have something for it and in this group (simmer) there is certainly money to be made so it is not to be neglected.

and yes we are in the year 2020 - 

Cheers !

Very well written !

May I ask you wat your system specs are and if you use 2K or 4K ?

Thanks, Gerard 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

You make it sound like this only happened in P3D when a game goes from DX11 to DX12. But it is not.

Even Dice (battlefield series) faced huge vram issues with their DX12 implementation, and it is normal. The game engine basically takes over some of the activities performed by gpu-drivers (which are extremely tailored to make your gpu perform at its best).

Before, bad performance (particularly with new games) could be fixed by nvidia / AMD updated their gpu drivers, sadly with DX12, it is up to LM to make sure our VRAM is not getting out of hand.

Developers are basically given the key to the Kingdom with DX12, but with that comes huge responsibilities in how their games manage VRAM.

Like I initially wrote, this pattern is repeating itself for most games that transitions to DX12. It will hopefully be taken cared of by LM.

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Hi to all fellow "flight simmers". I have been following this thread with much amusement, which turned to amazement. I sense there is some "cabin fever" responses being posted here. I am from the UK, but currently stationed (and locked down) in Cape Town. Since installing P3D v5, I am pleasantly surprised that LM have greatly enhanced the southern African region, updating all airports, landclass, and mesh. This to me is something which many (American, European) "simmers" take for granted, and have been spoilt in that respect. Now we, as the "forgotten" continent are now receiving the same attention, and it's fantastic. P3D v5 is the way to go. There is a world outside of Oceania, Europe and the Americas. And LM are giving Africa the best!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Very well written !

May I ask you wat your system specs are and if you use 2K or 4K ?

Thanks, Gerard 

Hello Gerard !

Thank you, I know we've all been here for a while (and tweaking - and try and buy 🙂, but at some point it was enough) so I know that some people understand!

I currently use a Core i7 9800X (overclocked) and a MSI Gaming Trio X, 1000 Watt PSU, water cooling, all SSD's, and a 3 x 27" (curved) "tripple-screen" setup - resolution 5760x1080 - for all SIM´s (P3D, XP11, DCS, IL2, FS Alpha, ….)

BR !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

$200 and the graphics look 15 years old.

If theyre going to charge 200 dollars for a version upgrade at the very least redo the ground textures and auto gen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUA425 said:

Hello Gerard !

Thank you, I know we've all been here for a while (and tweaking - and try and buy 🙂, but at some point it was enough) so I know that some people understand!

I currently use a Core i7 9800X (overclocked) and a MSI Gaming Trio X, 1000 Watt PSU, water cooling, all SSD's, and a 3 x 27" (curved) "tripple-screen" setup - resolution 5760x1080 - for all SIM´s (P3D, XP11, DCS, IL2, FS Alpha, ….)

BR !

Thanks. Is that a GPU version with 8 or 11 Gb ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0