Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

My first and not amused impression of P3D V5

6 hours ago, AnkH said:

Was anyone already able to check if this annoying autogen loading in patches finally got fixed in v5?

It may be a little soon for a final verdict, but I think it is much better now. With very high autogen settings I see it here and then but quite far away so if you don't  watch for it you will overlook it probably.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

31 minutes ago, Nemo said:

It may be a little soon for a final verdict, but I think it is much better now. With very high autogen settings I see it here and then but quite far away so if you don't  watch for it you will overlook it probably.

I still have to collect more experience for a final word on this, but my testbed in the Silicon Valley (a sea of houses) still shows it if I set the autogen slider higher than "Medium". It's masked to some extent by trueSky haze, but it's still there.

Kind regards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Looks like its a hold for me. Until ALL my addons( and there is lots ) are updated I will not even consider upgrading. Most likely in 3-4 months when 5.1 comes out and hopefully some of the kinks are ironed out. I have a 11GB 1080ti GPU so it should suffice.

My 4.5 with the RDpreset Tomatoshade , and REX SF my sim has never looked so good visually. However , the performance increase in DX12 and TrueSky  is probably a reason to upgrade, just not at the moment.

Edited by planechaser
change

34 minutes ago, pmb said:

I still have to collect more experience for a final word on this, but my testbed in the Silicon Valley (a sea of houses) still shows it if I set the autogen slider higher than "Medium". It's masked to some extent by trueSky haze, but it's still there.

Kind regards.

After all these versions, my belief is now that it is ingrained in the ESP. P3D Programmers can mitigate it and cloak it in the haze but cannot get rid of it. How is it during a night flight ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

After all these versions, my belief is now that it is ingrained in the ESP. P3D Programmers can mitigate it and cloak it in the haze but cannot get rid of it. How is it during a night flight ?

I never fly at night, so lack experience. Perhaps someone else can answer this.

If memory serves me right, versions 3.x had autogen continually growing into view -  at the cost of a very limited autogen radius overall (I think close to the one we get using "Medium" today). Which might support your theory.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

52 minutes ago, pmb said:

Kind regards.

Incredible that they still haven’t fixed this.

P3D V5 in action, 24hrs after release with Orbx injected textures and Airport.

This sim will only get better. I totally understand if People want to hold off their purchase. But IMHO, the foundation is there for a fantastic simulator.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

34 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

This sim will only get better. I totally understand if People want to hold off their purchase. But IMHO, the foundation is there for a fantastic simulator.

Beautifully said. I'm very happy with it. It's the foundation of a great sim for years to come. 

• Like 1

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

25 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Agree 150%! I made a short flight ORBX LSGK>LOWI with the A2A Bonanza...OMG...Smooth like butter, stable FPS, no pause and so on...

Probably some users in this topic have computer problems or don't have the right video card...I see a huge difference (in a good way) between v4 and v5, it's very clear.

Richard.

• Like 4

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

Great video - looks good.

I'm so jealous of you guys that have v5 running! I've been impressed with the performance and am not unhappy with the visual elements. Hoping for a quick fix for the AMD GPU incompatibility so I can enjoy it too!

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

The colors for me all looked "washed out", kinda of dark, lifeless.

OWfgh7L.png

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png

How many of you who have tried V5 witnessed this? This looks impressive!

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Has there been any improvement to AI aircraft behaviour? Dithering on the runway, approach spacing, endless go arounds etc. 
many thanks, 

JH. 

13 minutes ago, flyingpicket said:

Has there been any improvement to AI aircraft behaviour? Dithering on the runway, approach spacing, endless go arounds etc. 
many thanks, 

JH. 

Is this the answer of your question? 🤣

xaOO7y.jpg

saGj1i.jpg

gTKL25.jpg

Edited by Dexter1979

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

6 minutes ago, Dexter1979 said:

Is this the answer of your question? 🤣

saGj1i.jpg

The way the textures meet up with airport is horrible.

Eric