Sign in to follow this  
CaptainNick

V5 Water Blurriness

No matter what setting I try, it seems the water gets blurry about halfway up the screen, whilst Trees and land etc at the same distances do not get the blurries applied, any ideas? I have tried every combination of water detail from none with no effects all the way to ultra with high effects4vlEmPl.png

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I'm seeing that in all the videos and snaps.  V5 is redrawing half the screen 'ahead' of you, as the angle-of-view changes...but, yeah...it looks like cr*p.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Yeah nothing we can do about it, it's just low resolution and almost appears out of focus. Looks particularly jarring because land and buildings next to it can still be sharp, so you have this weird clash of sharpness and blurriness.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Besides that blurry issue, rivers has same very big waves, looking very strange and from FSX era.

Edited by spitzer

Uygar

Best Regards

On 4/15/2020 at 8:15 AM, CaptainNick said:

No matter what setting I try, it seems the water gets blurry about halfway up the screen, whilst Trees and land etc at the same distances do not get the blurries applied, any ideas? I have tried every combination of water detail from none with no effects all the way to ultra with high effects4vlEmPl.png

Tessellation boundary...

3 hours ago, spitzer said:

Besides that blurry issue, rivers has same very big waves, looking very strange and from FSX era.

Yes, my big complaint about it.  Looks fine in the ocean, but ridiculous on rivers and lakes.