Sign in to follow this  
BigG433

P3Dv5 VR - share your impressions/experiences

I was hoping for an improved VR experience but to this point (knowing it's only day 2), I'm struggling with some of the same issues others seem to be experiencing. I am achieving higher FPS but can't seem to find the correct settings that allow for an improvement over v4.5. Very jittery through left lens for some reason, not a comfortable experience.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues? If satisfied with v5 VR, I would appreciate any information on settings you are using.

My specs:

i7-7700 4.5 Ghz, running P3Dv5 on 1 GB M.2 SSD, 32 GB Ram, RTX 2080Ti

• Like 1

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

Yes, pity, check this topic 

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Just flew my first flight, where I usually fly and with the exact same settings I have in v4.5. I was seeing 50-90 FPS. This was in the Caribbean, flying the 114 out of SXM. Stock scenery. In 4.5 with my addons I would normally see 30-50.

Sim seems very, very smooth. The visuals were not great, but again, I am seeing double the framerate basically, so I can turn the settings up quite a bit yet. Most are "very" and not "ultra", and I didn't turn on anything that I don't have available in v4.5 (so no beta stuff).

I'm not worried about the visuals at all. They are easy to improve. Great reflections off the water, clouds looked decent. It was too bright and the ground textures too green. Basically it just looked very bright. Again, not worried about that.

As a foundation, this is a fantastic product. Lots of room for me to start improving things and getting it how I like it. But performance-wise, apples-to-apples, it's a win. 100%.

Rig: 8700k and 1080, both stock, no OC.

20 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Just flew my first flight, where I usually fly and with the exact same settings I have in v4.5. I was seeing 50-90 FPS. This was in the Caribbean, flying the 114 out of SXM. Stock scenery. In 4.5 with my addons I would normally see 30-50.

Sim seems very, very smooth. The visuals were not great, but again, I am seeing double the framerate basically, so I can turn the settings up quite a bit yet. Most are "very" and not "ultra", and I didn't turn on anything that I don't have available in v4.5 (so no beta stuff).

I'm not worried about the visuals at all. They are easy to improve. Great reflections off the water, clouds looked decent. It was too bright and the ground textures too green. Basically it just looked very bright. Again, not worried about that.

As a foundation, this is a fantastic product. Lots of room for me to start improving things and getting it how I like it. But performance-wise, apples-to-apples, it's a win. 100%.

Rig: 8700k and 1080, both stock, no OC.

mtr75:

Just to confirm you are not experiencing any of the jitters I've been seeing using my HP Reverb? I see you are also using stock scenery where I have installed my Orbx v5 compatible purchases. I wonder if that might be contributing to this issue. I've adjusted settings all up and down the sliders which of course affected FPS but did nothing to alleviate the visual jittering.

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

7 minutes ago, BigG433 said:

mtr75:

Just to confirm you are not experiencing any of the jitters I've been seeing using my HP Reverb? I see you are also using stock scenery where I have installed my Orbx v5 compatible purchases. I wonder if that might be contributing to this issue. I've adjusted settings all up and down the sliders which of course affected FPS but did nothing to alleviate the visual jittering.

Mine was smooth as butter. All stock. That was actually the biggest impression I got, was how smooth it was. I have TrackIR, and it was amazing.

Edited by mtr75

No joy for me. I'm using oculus and it seems my left screen is very jittery, not keeping with the right screen(stereo mode). Right screen is very smooth. It's so bad I cant use VR in v5. Worked great in 4.5. Tried all kinds of settings still no joy. 

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

1 hour ago, mtr75 said:

Mine was smooth as butter. All stock. That was actually the biggest impression I got, was how smooth it was. I have TrackIR, and it was amazing.

TrackerIR is different than VR. This topic is about VR. I too am seeing jitters in VR to the point that I figured I would just walk away from v5 as it will need a patch to fix this so no reason in starting to bloat it with addons only to have to update whenever a patch comes out.

Mine is a stutter feast.  Ive removed and reloaded several times.  No addons.  Stutters badly, using settings on install.  Nothing fancy.  4.5 was much smoother.

Edited by gpf3m

90% of the complaints I've seen overall about v5 have been related to VR. Never used it. Hope you guys get a solution.

I'm pleased with the performance improvement but an improved VR was the reason I purchased v5. I'm standing down on v5 until the VR issues are found and patched. Back to v4.5 which is maybe where I should have stayed...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

90% of the complaints I've seen overall about v5 have been related to VR. Never used it. Hope you guys get a solution.

If you have never used it, why are you posting your findings in a “VR - Share Your Experiences” thread??

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hi, i posted elsewhere how to get Rift S VR to work:. In short:

- Use steam vr, not oculus

- use single pass

- don’t fly near water

- lock frames to 40 in p3d settings

That gives me pleasantly usable VR in v5. Plenty of hours flying with the rift s now. Will try WMR at some stage also.

Obviously want LM to fix the current issues, but that should get you flying, and this sim looks pretty good through the lenses of an HMD.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

What about trueSKY not working in VR? Can anyone confirm this?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 minutes ago, threegreen said:

What about trueSKY not working in VR? Can anyone confirm this?

No support, 🥵

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Just now, YoYo said:

No support, 🥵

Wow. This just killed my excitement for v5 completely. Hopefully it will be implemented when trueSKY is developed further and out of beta...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD