Sign in to follow this  
BigG433

P3Dv5 VR - share your impressions/experiences

Good news from this morning - VR fix incoming as small file (no need install sim again), very shortly.

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Now that was quick!

Edit: Although there is a report of the issue being even worse now for HP Reverb users. Just one report so far. Maybe someone with a Reverb and v5 can comment on this?

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

23 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Now that was quick!

Edit: Although there is a report of the issue being even worse now for HP Reverb users. Just one report so far. Maybe someone with a Reverb and v5 can comment on this?

Me too. Using the HP Reverb.

BUT: The jitter is gone, but major input lag when moving around your head is still there. And if using single pass my SIM CTD.

We have to post over at LM.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Ok, I installed the patch and it runs pretty good now except one problem, water in the right eye is dark blue, and in the left eye it is a light blue.  Is anyone else experiencing that? 

Update: I posted something similar on the LM forums and they had me check if it was doing it in both Single-Pass and Stereo modes.  After testing, it looks like the water color problem only occurs for me when using Single-Pass.

Edited by boddman

very bad for me with my valve index : jitter stil remain and poor fps

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

It’s a lot better now., but you still don’t want to fly near water.

LM: kudos for the very quick patch, but now it’s time to get back to work - you still have a bunch of coding to do to get VR up to standard.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Just now, OzWhitey said:

It’s a lot better now., but you still don’t want to fly near water.

LM: kudos for the very quick patch, but now it’s time to get back to work - you still have a bunch of coding to do to get VR up to standard.

Relesed patch was only for 2 kind of HMD ... so still a lot of work for LM and we are beta testers. Till now problem is solved maybe for max 1/3 users, 2/3 is waiting still.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Are hand-controllers working natively as per X-Plane, or is an addon such as Fly-Inside still required? Is it still the case, that you have to use the mouse for manipulation and FMC data entry?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

Are hand-controllers working natively as per X-Plane, or is an addon such as Fly-Inside still required? Is it still the case, that you have to use the mouse for manipulation and FMC data entry?

P3D has never supported hand controllers, different implementation from x-plane, similar to DCS.

I’be been using P3D native VR since it first came out in v3. I did use flyinside back before that.

I would not personally suggest using flyinside in 2020 (or 2018). If you are in the mood for hand controllers, it’s x-plane or af2 time.

P3D is VR+HOTAS, or VR+HOTAS+mouse/keyboard.

I use all of the sims mentioned above in VR.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

P3D has never supported hand controllers, different implementation from x-plane, similar to DCS.

Thanks Rob, saved me $200 there. Vulkan with X-Plane it is.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

VR WMR patch is ready for testing!

Updates:
There is a new patch posted with a mode that should work on Windows MR headsets:
https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 75#p214175

We also found and fixed the bad colors in the right eye reflections in singlepass, but that fix cannot go into the vr patch because it is a core rendering system fix.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Also:

We are adding VR stereo and mono mode support for Enhanced Atmospherics in the upcoming hotfix. We are working to support single pass in a future update.

From Rob McCarthy on the P3D forums.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I am quite happy with p3d 4.5 but I will buy p3d 5 immediately when VR is working well (for me with a PIMAX). I cannot imagine to fly 2d anymore. On p3d 4.5 I am still stuck with flyinside as you can modify the world scale. I think this is maybe the most important feature as with rezisizing the scale (for me to 80%) you really can read the instruments clearly. So my question is, did they implement this in p3d 5 or does someone know if this is planned?

Thanks for your answers!

Christoph

LM has posted HotFix2 on their forum, an addon file to address issues associated to WMR headsets in particular the HP Reverbs. First pass using HF2 with my HP Reverb eliminated the jitters and restored a VR experience similar to what I have in v4.5.

Give it a try!!!

• Like 1

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)