Sign in to follow this  
BigG433

P3Dv5 VR - share your impressions/experiences

The Patch cured the stutter with my Rift.

But two things left with VR, water is looking strange (its like quiksilver from some angles) and i couldnt interact with external windows e.g. ATC Window or PopUp Windows from the aircraft e.g. FMS. Mouseclick on FMS works if within the virtual cockpit.

Where do you set the FrameLimit if using VR ? I use 40 Frames for RIFT S ...

By the way, Majestics Dash8 is working in V5 (getting a message that it is only working in V4 and above but you can ignore this). Seems that LM has changed something on the flightmodel, the Dash8 is flying like a dream, maybe this is caused by the better performance of V5, so that Majestic with their external Turboprop simulation will get the data faster, so the simulation may react faster and smoother.
Chris

Edited by ckd76915
Add more text

2 hours ago, ckd76915 said:

Where do you set the FrameLimit if using VR ? I use 40 Frames for RIFT S ...

You are not setting up anywhere. Motion reprojection or ASW do this for you.

In simulator always - unlimited FPS. Its a basic background. 🙂

2D panels its nowkn bug, will be solved in the next week: 

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Hello everyone,

I like to fly passionate VFR say Low to Slow. Currently in the Xplane and since the Vulkan Beta I have been absolutely amazed at the possible increase in FPS.  Now I am considering whether I should take a look at the new P3D.  what I have to say, I am in VR with the HP Reverb.  what is important to me, high-resolution orthos a good mesh and nice textures.  but I think that is clear I'm a VFR pilot :-) I have no problem buying addons for this.  what do you say about it what is the current status of the P3D, is it worth watching or rather not waiting?  

Greetings Sebastian

I did some tryouts with my Oculus Quest, no stutters but resolution too low to read instruments. But now i use V5 with RTX2080ti (has VR settings), Oculus special cable  and latest firmware for Oculus Quest. With this setup i am very satisfied, not 4K, but i can read instruments and its so immersive that you can ''feel'' the turns !

Edited by Pluto7777
  • Like 1

Everyone I just started flying VR with P3Dv5.1. The jitter issue most of you describe sounds like an issue I was having. In all of the videos I saw regarding set up I did not see a definitive solution. It is in Lockheed's guide for Prepared3D Virtual Reality, however. 

I was able to correct the issue. This simple and you may have tried it or mentioned it earlier but I missed it. Change the SYNC MODE to UPDATE. Its default is PRERENDERED. It made all the difference in the world for me. This change in necessary for WMR.

My Computer Specs:

Reverb G2 Headset using WMR.

i9900k 

RTX3080 10Gb VRAM

32 GB RAM

2X M.2 SSD

On 4/25/2020 at 10:46 AM, YoYo said:

You are not setting up anywhere. Motion reprojection or ASW do this for you.

In simulator always - unlimited FPS. Its a basic background. 🙂

2D panels is known bug, will be solved in the next week....

Do you know something that the rest of us do not?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

You replied to a 1-year old post... YoYo was probably referring to 5.0 HF1 which was released on 30 April 2020.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I saw "April 25", but failed to take note of the year!!

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 4/25/2021 at 7:29 AM, Christopher Low said:

In the first stage 2d windows didnt work in P3Dv5. It was solved long time ago. 🙂

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2