Sign in to follow this  
argosafe

New to X plane

Hello, I've been P3d exclusive, but out of interest and given the less than fantastic reception of V5, am going to X plane.  As I've no investment in either money or settings, I assume if I go 11.50b, that would not be an issue? 

11.50 is in beta and not a great version to start with since most things are still not compatible and so on.

You can run the Seattle Area in demo mode for now to see how you like that default area, how it performs on your pc and so on. Then you can buy the full copy and start downloading things left and right

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Many thanks for your reply. I'm in demo mode, and you are right, I need to get familiar with the stable version first. Looking forward to the journey. 

Stay with 11.41 for a while - the transition to the new API (Vulkan) is causing some heartache.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Stay with 11.41 for a while - the transition to the new API (Vulkan) is causing some heartache.

Thanks, I'll shortly be trialling the HD Mesh product.  I just need the "must have" add ons for now.  Any recommendations for this? 

17 hours ago, argosafe said:

Hello, I've been P3d exclusive, but out of interest and given the less than fantastic reception of V5, am going to X plane.  As I've no investment in either money or settings, I assume if I go 11.50b, that would not be an issue? 

Install 11.41 and wait until 11.50 goes final.

Add ORBX TE, download some free airports, and buy your fav airplane (there are some great ones) and just enjoy an amazing sim.

There are a few add-ons that are a must have XP-Realistic (payware) for airplanes, ASXP (payware) weather engine, X-Vision (payware) for better visuals, and Reshade. There are a few others, but the above will transform your XP sim experience.

There's a learning curve as well as an expense, but it's a different experience than P3D.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

34 minutes ago, DJJose said:

There are a few add-ons that are a must have XP-Realistic (payware) for airplanes, ASXP (payware) weather engine, X-Vision (payware) for better visuals, and Reshade. There are a few others, but the above will transform your XP sim experience.

At the beginning you can try:

instead: XP-Realistic (payware) --> HeadShake (free)

instead: ASXP (payware) --> NOAA (free)

instead:  X-Vision (payware) --> Vivid Sky (free)

😉

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bulva said:

NOAA (free)

😉

Noooooooo!!!

That plugin is a nightmare.😃

• Like 1

Personally. I’d start with the beta. See how you like it. Then add from there as it goes final and things become compatible. 
You can still use ASXP with the beta and XP realistic, and a lot of aircraft are working too.... 

And you’ll get hell fast performance. 

Dont spend money on things like x-vision, or anything that hacks the art Controls, they will and are redundant in vulkan 11.5x, and the devs have stated this and advised against it. There is a whole text document on it. 

11.50 as mentioned is a bita and you should read the requirement on your hardware to be able to install it. If you want X-plane stay with 11.41 it still works great and doesn't require system upgrade and it works like a charm . Prepar3d V5 is a theft I already has V4.5 and to pay another $100 to upgrade in these crisis is a shame .

Hope that will help 

Amr Guindy

Edited by king1706

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

Install 11.41 and wait until 11.50 goes final.

Add ORBX TE, download some free airports, and buy your fav airplane (there are some great ones) and just enjoy an amazing sim.

There's a learning curve as well as an expense, but it's a different experience than P3D.

5 hours ago, Bulva said:

instead: XP-Realistic (payware) --> HeadShake (free)

instead: ASXP (payware) --> NOAA (free)

instead:  X-Vision (payware) --> Vivid Sky (free)

😉

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

Noooooooo!!!

That plugin is a nightmare.😃

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Personally. I’d start with the beta. See how you like it. Then add from there as it goes final and things become compatible. 
You can still use ASXP with the beta and XP realistic, and a lot of aircraft are working too.... 

And you’ll get hell fast performance. 

Dont spend money on things like x-vision, or anything that hacks the art Controls, they will and are redundant in vulkan 11.5x, and the devs have stated this and advised against it. There is a whole text document on it. 

2 hours ago, king1706 said:

11.50 as mentioned is a bita and you should read the requirement on your hardware to be able to install it. If you want X-plane stay with 11.41 it still works great and doesn't require system upgrade and it works like a charm . Prepar3d V5 is a theft I already has V4.5 and to pay another $100 to upgrade in these crisis is a shame .

Hope that will help 

Amr Guindy

Thanks to all of you. Think I'll go for stability first and get my head around things.  I've got a pretty good system, so maybe later to 11.5 on full release. I'll see the difference then with Vulkan! 

Edited by argosafe

1 hour ago, argosafe said:

Thanks to all of you. Think I'll go for stability first and get my head around things.  I've got a pretty good system, so maybe later to 11.5 on full release. I'll see the difference then with Vulkan! 

Good decision. 😃

11 hours ago, argosafe said:

Thanks, I'll shortly be trialling the HD Mesh product.  I just need the "must have" add ons for now.  Any recommendations for this? 

If you're planning to buy some Orbx TE products, they include their own mesh so keep that in mind as you choose HD mesh tiles - If you have LOTS of drive space, disregard.  As for current addons, wait - they may or may not work with 11.5

9 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

If you're planning to buy some Orbx TE products, they include their own mesh so keep that in mind as you choose HD mesh tiles - If you have LOTS of drive space, disregard.  As for current addons, wait - they may or may not work with 11.5

Thanks, I was wondering this.  I'm sticking to native for now to learn about xplane.  When 11.5 is ready, I'll revisit add ons.  Although, I will be trying some freeware or low cost items in the meantime.   Also, I'm only downloading native Europe  for now. 

Edited by argosafe
  • Like 1