Sign in to follow this  
Flyer07

Replay Mode

I do not know what others think about it, but I would love to see a replay mode in the upcoming MSFS, where you can watch certain parts of your flight (departure and landing etc.).

It maybe not the most important feature, but certainly something interesting.

At the moment I am simming in xplane and I absolutely love the opportunity to have this feature available. What about you guys? After watching several streamers here and there and everybody was always replaying his landing etc. 

• Like 1

Not the most important, yes but important enough that it better be included. I'm pretty sure it will be there and it won't be wonky like what we have to deal with in FSX.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

32 minutes ago, Flyer07 said:

I do not know what others think about it, but I would love to see a replay mode in the upcoming MSFS, where you can watch certain parts of your flight (departure and landing etc.).

It maybe not the most important feature, but certainly something interesting.

At the moment I am simming in xplane and I absolutely love the opportunity to have this feature available. What about you guys? After watching several streamers here and there and everybody was always replaying his landing etc. 

X-Plane replay mode is great. If Asobo is looking for a way to up the game in this regards they could make them easily shareable. Maybe introduce a replay hub where you could find the most popular replays published by other users. This would be a cool way to get ideas for your future flights.

• Like 1

Yes in the other simulator the replay goes all the way back to any part of the flight and sets the aircraft as it was at this point (gear, flaps etc.). However the ground traffic (aka cars on the street) is stiff during replay.

In FSX I remember it was a limited time and the aircraft was not set as it was during that phase...

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

Yes please! We need a smooth replay system! Actually I was surprised reading about X-Plane as a good reference. I honestly think is terrible: It's clunky, unresponsive, and once you hide the replay bar, is gone, some animations not playing...! The best replay system I have seen is in Aerofly FS2 and it's quite limited. But at least is smooth as butter.

1 hour ago, Beru said:

Yes please! We need a smooth replay system! Actually I was surprised reading about X-Plane as a good reference. I honestly think is terrible: It's clunky, unresponsive, and once you hide the replay bar, is gone, some animations not playing...! The best replay system I have seen is in Aerofly FS2 and it's quite limited. But at least is smooth as butter.

To be honest, I might be easy to impress when it comes to replay mode. Last time I played a flight sim was FSX in 2009. MSFS trailer lured me back into flight sims and the next replay mode I saw was X-Plane 11 😄

With the previous FSX, we all love to use FS-Recorder, an addon which was the reference. Unfortunately, the author has gone and this piece of software is not updated or supported since a long time.

Beside, Prepar3D provide a poor recording and playback fonctionnalities. It would be fine to have the equivalent in MSFS2020 ! 

Nowadays, we can still find it here :
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/18881/fsx-recorder-module-v13/
https://www.dropbox.com/s/prd5bcwgxc5v8qh/FSRecorder_FSX_2-181a.zip?dl=0

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber