Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

EIDW Dublin Is The Only Airport I Fly To On St Patrick Day

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting very GREEN St Patrick Day flight from LFRN  Rennes–Saint-Jacques Airport or Aéroport de Rennes–Saint-Jacques located 3.7 miles southwest of Rennes in the region of Brittany, France to EIDW Dublin Airport located 4.3 miles north of Dublin which is the capital city of Ireland.

On airborne after take off from runway 28 starting to make right turn with background view of farming lands of la forge

al1.jpg

Still making right turn passing county road called Grande Fontaine in the same farming area mentioned above

al2.jpg

Nice tail view while the plane is climbing to 34,000 ft to start the route DIN SKESO BHD STU VATRY KLY

al3.jpg

Nice wing view of lake called Etang de la Perronnaye located near town of Romille

al4.jpg

Nice wing view of French countyside of Brittany in northwestern France

al5.jpg

Intercepting DIN above LFRD Dinard–Pleurtuit–Saint-Malo Airport or Aéroport de Dinard located 3.1 miles south-southwest of Dinard serving the city of Saint-Malo, France where you can see highway number D168 in front of the plane nose

al6din.jpg

Passing city of Saint-Malo/Saint-Servan off the right wing and town of Dinard seen off the left engine while you can see the same highway number D168 behind the tail of the plane showing you the bridge connecting between the city and the town. The famous transatlantic single-handed yacht race Route du Rhum which takes place every 4 years in Novembers is between Saint Malo and Point à Pitre in Guadeloupe.

al7.jpg

leaving France to cross English Channel heading to waypoint SKESO

al8.jpg

Passing island of Jersey where you can see runway of EGJJ Jersey International airport

al9egjj.jpg

Passing island of Guernsey and its EGJB Guernsey airport

al10egjb.jpg

Cruising across English Channel intercepting SKESO and heading to BHD

al11.jpg

Intercepting waypoint BHD above seaside town of Torquay that is known as English Riveria and also is noted as birthplace of famous British author Agatha Christie

al12bhd.jpg

Passing town of Shiphay just next north of Torquay where you can see off right wing the main road called Hamelin Way

al13.jpg

Cruising to head to waypoint STU with background FSX default view of River Teign that is represented incorrectly in FSX

al14.jpg

Wing view of River Taw below the engine where you can spot under the wing RMB Chivenor airfield military based used by Royal Marines commandos while the plane is starting to cross Bristol Channel waters

al15.jpg

Crusing across nice English countyside toward waypoint STU

al16.jpg

After intercepting STU now entering waters of St George Channel which signals start of descent toward final waypoint VATRY

al17.jpg

Descending through clouds

al18.jpg

Now in middle of clouds

al19.jpg

On final runway approach to runway 28 past background view of town of Donaghmede

al20.jpg

Because of regulations not permitting more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink to view rest of exciting trip

Here is the hyperlink: https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9711/eidw-dublin-airport-fly-patrick

Thank you for viewing and please stay tuned for next exciting flight report.

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 2

signCopy.jpg

Aharon, this paint-job (white Shamrock on green background) on the 757's tail is quite striking...looks so different, from the standard Aer Lingus liveries, that I am (typically) used to...

Nice set, here, and good Dublin airport arrival images...!

I did a search for latest Aer Lingus livery and couldn't find that one! However, it does look great: The hexagon shapes on the tail echo Emirates livery even though their's is triangles, but I think you know what I mean. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Nice pics Aharon! That livery is great too, especially the tail. Looks like they used a jetBlue template.

NWATech,

Thanks for your kind words and nice to meet you on Avsim forums. Did not know that the tail is similar to JetBlue.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg