Sign in to follow this  
vl1

P3Dv5 is single core AGAIN 🤦

Loaded AS EGLL with full traffic, had the same observation, first core in the task manager is fully loaded without a break while others are at 25% or less. Performance seems to be near same as V4.

Edited by him225

8 hours ago, vl1 said:

This is just unacceptable!

I assume you didn't have understood how an Mainthread works. Its nothing you just can magically split up.

And having the fastest CPU doesn't mean you can't bring it down to its knees with too high settings / addons / wrong "tweaks".

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I think you will find even modern Games that are multi- threaded use core 0 the most.

But they use the GPU more Now That`s a problem with some flight sim users.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The most important thing would be the understanding of the difference between "Single-Thread", "Multi-Thread" and "Main-Thread".

P3D is multi-threaded and has been for ages, but that doesn't mean the main thread can't overload the CPU.

Edited by JoeFackel
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I noticed this in v4.5:

When you are on the ground and not moving, core 0 is 100% and all other cores are almost at idle.

When you start flying all the cores and threads except one are almost at 100% (my experience with i7-7700 running at 4.2GHz, HT enabled). I think that other cores handle the scenery loading while flying.

Did the usage of other cores increase when you were flying with i9-9900?

Edited by Branimir
  • Upvote 1

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

My 9900k uses all 8 cores evenly now like butter melting on the whole slice of toast, no need for process lasso now, hyper threading off, agh man i am so happy, f...... happy, the heading of this discussion is absolutely senseless and BULL DUST.😂

• Like 1

My 8700k froze in flight, and core0 was pegged at 100, with the others barely doing anything. Ill have to try turning off hyperthreading. 

Thank you from those of us who are not technically inclined nor snarky. 

I have an interesting behavior. 

I have a 9990XE with 14 Cores without HT.  But P3D only uses  Core 0 - 4 and 9 - 13 🙂 

Process lasso is set to not set any affinity. 

No Performance issues only interesting, so i don`t know is it a bug or a feature 🙂

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Interesting, as my usage is incredible well-balanced as I fly along. Though logical core 2 and 4 seems underutilized most of the time.

CZf5V8l.jpg

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

today i bought RTX 2070

I have 12 fps in London Heathrow!!!
Is this normal? No!
I have i9-9900K and RTX 2070 with settings MEDIUM but full AI (950 flightplans)

• Like 1

You should all report at LM support forum. As that is the correct and most effective way. All your posts may bring attention to this point

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

27 minutes ago, vl1 said:

today i bought RTX 2070

I have 12 fps in London Heathrow!!!
Is this normal? No!
I have i9-9900K and RTX 2070 with settings MEDIUM but full AI (950 flightplans)

Maybe it’s the AI? 

What's the point of using P3D without AI??

1 minute ago, vl1 said:

What's the point of using P3D without AI??

Did you try without AI? What percentage was your slider at? Then you can determine how big an impact it has?