I bought Prepar3D V5 and I  

193 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. I bought Prepar3D V5 and I

• am very satisfied with it.
    • am somewhat satified with it
    • wish I had waited for V5.1 or later
    • am looking for a refund

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/18/2020 at 07:00 AM

10 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

The eye cannot see more than 30 fps.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Waiting for a fix for the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG CTD that I get everytime i change view.

• Upvote 1

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

12 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Thank you!

I really thought this old chestnut of 'the eye cannot see more than 24, 30 FPS" stuff had been debunked years ago but like flat earthers it keeps coming back around!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Thank you!

I really thought this old chestnut of 'the eye cannot see more than 24, 30 FPS" stuff had been debunked years ago but like flat earthers it keeps coming back around!!

I just assume people are fishing for a reaction when they say it these days. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

If it wasn't for the corona virus I challenge anyone come around to my house and watch trees or traffic go by in P3D V4 or 5 or XP at 24hz and point out the ghosting on the screen. Its not there! Its as fluid a reality which has no frame rate.🤣

1 hour ago, Snowfalcon said:

Waiting for a fix for the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG CTD that I get everytime i change view.

I have it too. GTX 1080 8GB. For me it happens when the VRAM hits the max (6.7GB). OOM 2020...

For my machine, (2016 MBP 15" w/ AMD 460 GPU 4GB running Boot Camp) v5 provides the best flight sim performance as compared to the rest of the major sims.

I am focused on the flight performance..  I am willing to forgive some of the primitive textures, and other growing pains to be able to fly at a solid 30fps without pauses... I also like having the VRAM info display  (having only 4GB VRAM)

Just waiting on Active Sky and my Carenado PC12 updates... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snowfalcon said:

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

I've seen it a couple of times with a 2080ti. I've also once ran out of VRAM. I've also had several CTD's over the last few days since installing. It seems more stable today.

Hi fwiw

very good, and not so good.

Very good - 30fps on v high settings in Orbx S England, Orbx Southampton and Shoreham. Clouds on ultra, beta environment on ultra, ultra clouds, etc. And I run an old i5 4690 @ 4.4Ghz 6 year old PC. Completely transformed my stutter fest in v4.5. In EU England.

not so good = Horrible water, strange soft looking clouds even on ultra. Worst of all v unstable- crashes and VRAM CTD occasionally. Obviously I’m really pushing it but still. In IT software we.d call it ‘disgraceful degradation’.

Massive potential here. Without giving up most of your add ins (hopefully). Can’t wait for Rex Sky Force, Rex Env pro, Active Sky, ultimate traffic, envtex, Milviz 350i, etc etc etc

ray

my graphic card error ceased after updating to nvidia new driver released yesterday

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snowfalcon said:

Yup...I'm concerned that LM hasn't commented on the thread since the very beginning. Hopefully they're busy working on it so no time to talk! 👍 The thread has fallen to the second page and we all know the squeaky wheel gets the grease...

1 hour ago, simbol said:

AMD card? 

Yes, @Snowfalcon is one of us RX 57xx users...

1 hour ago, DjYing said:

I have it too. GTX 1080 8GB. For me it happens when the VRAM hits the max (6.7GB). OOM 2020...

That's a different issue; AMD RX 57xx users are not able to change views, in addition to the other VRAM challenges.

5 minutes ago, james008 said:

my graphic card error ceased after updating to nvidia new driver released yesterday

Hoping either a hotfix or updated AMD driver will do the same for us. As of now neither the Feb, March nor April AMD driver releases solve the problem.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

3 hours ago, GHarrall said:

Thank you!

This fake news was debunked and discredited many years ago, but there remains one pocket of "30 FPS is already more than you need!" disciples on a website called "Avsim". 🙂

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I'm pretty sure the guys who complain that 30fps at 30hz doesn't cut it if they saw my sim running at 24fps and 24hz. They would cry like little girls and then run off to Costco and buy a 55" Samsung NU6900 🤣

Edited by Quasimodo