Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

P2ATC and P3Dv5 path forward ?

Hi Dave,

I hope you are well.

I was wondering what the path forward is for getting P2ATC up and running in P3Dv5.

I hope we can keep both P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5 running concurrently as it will be a while until v5 has everything we need to obsolete v4.5.

I have both installed on my system and am making very good progress with all my installs into P3Dv5.

Any input would be appreciated.

Stay well

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Hi Joe.

What problems are you having with P2A?  As long as FSUIPC still works with the new version of P3D, then P2A should as well.  It should just connect to whichever version of the SIM you have running. 

Dave

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

What problems are you having with P2A?  As long as FSUIPC still works with the new version of P3D, then P2A should as well.  It should just connect to whichever version of the SIM you have running. 

Two things need updating for P3Dv5: FSUIPC6 instead of FSUIPC5, and MakeRunways version 4.90 (or later as and when). The latter is because the BGL format is changed in P3Dv5 to allow for sloping runways.

Both have been available for download since Tuesday (actually MakeRunways was released on Saturday).

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Two things need updating for P3Dv5: FSUIPC6 instead of FSUIPC5, and MakeRunways version 4.90 (or later as and when). The latter is because the BGL format is changed in P3Dv5 to allow for sloping runways.

Both have been available for download since Tuesday (actually MakeRunways was released on Saturday).

Pete

Thanks for the reply. I have purchased and installed FSUIPC6 but didn’t realize a new MakeRunways was needed. So if I install the new MakeRunways into P3Dv5 and follow the same process to setup P2ATC as I did when I installed it way back in P3Dv4 all will work fine?

BTW thanks to you and your son John for getting v6 out and I have no issue buying it Again, you guys deserve it and more. Also I like, but will need to get used to, not having the modules folder located within P3D anymore.

Now I’m waiting on the LINDA developer to get LINDA to work. Luckily I installed v5 as a complete separate install so I still have v4.5.

Thanks and stay well!

Joe

Edited by joepoway

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

On 4/16/2020 at 4:09 PM, joepoway said:

So if I install the new MakeRunways into P3Dv5 and follow the same process to setup P2ATC as I did when I installed it way back in P3Dv4 all will work fine?

Yes, it still goes into the root folder for P3D. And don't forget to include the revised Scenery Export program included -- that was updated in a timely fashion by Oliver Binder ("Lorby-Si").

On 4/16/2020 at 4:09 PM, joepoway said:

Also I like, but will need to get used to, not having the modules folder located within P3D anymore.

Me too. you could have chosen the modules folder of course, but I've now got a common "FSUIPC" folder for both P3Dv4 and P3Dv5.

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, it still goes into the root folder for P3D. And don't forget to include the revised Scenery Export program included -- that was updated in a timely fashion by Oliver Binder ("Lorby-Si").

Me too. you could have chosen the modules folder of course, but I've now got a common "FSUIPC" folder for both P3Dv4 and P3Dv5.

Pete

Thanks Pete!

Joe

8 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sorry to bother you but could you provide me a brief instruction on how to use the common FSUIPC 6 folder for both?

Currently I have used the external approach in P3Dv5 and it all works great.

I still have P3Dv4.5 installed and am still using the old method with the Module folder embedded in P3Dv4.5 and am using version 5.154.

How should I best remove 5.154 from P3Dv4.5 Module folder approach and transition it to FSUIPC 6 by pointing it to the "common" folder.

I assume after doing so all my calibrations, assignments and settings will work in both. I will have to wait for Andrew (the LINDA developer) to fix LINDA to work with P3Dv5 before I do this, but I'm not sure. Currently the Module folder contains FSUIPC and all LINDA components, perhaps the LINDA components could be copied to the common folder and everything would work in P3DV4.5 and I wait on the fix for LINDA for P3Dv5. 

Thanks in advance

Joe

On 4/18/2020 at 2:05 AM, joepoway said:

Sorry to bother you but could you provide me a brief instruction on how to use the common FSUIPC 6 folder for both?

Really a question better asked in the FSUIPC Support Forum on SimFlight.

Using a common folder for FSUIPC6 just means all your settings and plug-ins and macros apply to both P3D4 and P3D5 equally. You may or may not want that.

On 4/18/2020 at 2:05 AM, joepoway said:

How should I best remove 5.154 from P3Dv4.5 Module folder approach and transition it to FSUIPC 6 by pointing it to the "common" folder.

The FSUIPC6 installer does it all fo you. Please read the installation document.

Pete