Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

PILOT's FS Global

Makes one wonder if they can't come up with a better automated process to check for errors like this.

Like the compiler checking the mesh height against the airport height and throwing a warning message as soon as there is a difference greater than 50ft so that the developers can check the entries of the airport elevations against real world data.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Makes one wonder if they can't come up with a better automated process to check for errors like this.

Like the compiler checking the mesh height against the airport height and throwing a warning message as soon as there is a difference greater than 50ft so that the developers can check the entries of the airport elevations against real world data.

I’ll write about this to dev. Perhaps we have more changes like this in v5 of position and elevations compared v4. So meshes for v4 and v5 must looks a litte differently according me.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

hi i've just purchased it but it seems tobe wrong during installation with prepar 3d v5.. an error occured while executing install acrion #41 installation rolled back20200419-163934.jpg

Just now, fenice19 said:

hi i've just purchased it but it seems tobe wrong during installation with prepar 3d v5.. an error occured while executing install acrion #41 installation rolled back

Did you just download it? They issued an update to the FSGUNG2020.zip yesterday, that I believe was meant to fix that error. Their first release installer is looking for the Prepar3D v4 path, despite selecting v5. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

What (program) did you use to edit default airports?

The program for analysis was makeRunways from Pete/John Dowson.

For editing I would use ADE (airport design editor). It's a development build right now, but it got P3DV5 support.

With that program you should be able to edit a default airport, compile it and put it back into the scenery at a higher priority to override the default-airport.

Marc Weber

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

I’ll write about this to dev. Perhaps we have more changes like this in v5 of position and elevations compared v4. So meshes for v4 and v5 must looks a litte differently according me.

That's a good idea. There are a lot of terrain issues at the moment, so it's good that they are aware of this 👍

• Upvote 1

Marc Weber

22 minutes ago, fenice19 said:

i hope this is the right one ... purchased from simmarket

Let me know if this is the case. I just got mine from SimMarket 2 hours ago, but not installed it yet.

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

32 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Did you just download it? They issued an update to the FSGUNG2020.zip yesterday, that I believe was meant to fix that error. Their first release installer is looking for the Prepar3D v4 path, despite selecting v5. 

I can't seem to find the update on their website. Can you direct me to it?

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

Just now, panner said:

I can't seem to find the update on their website. Can you direct me to it?

I'm only quoting this email sent out by Stefan yesterday;

Hello!

Thank you for your order!

Though we have tested, a flaw slipped our testing team.

We have fixed that error now. 

Please redownload just the small FSGUNG2020.zip file, unzip as before 
(overwrite existing files) and reinstall. 

Sorry for that!

Cheers!

Stefan Schaefer

So I assume if you download the latest FSGUNG2020.zip off SimMarket, that should contain a fix for whatever flaw he's referring to -- Not even sure it's the path issue?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Thanks. I will check.

i hope. just redownloading from simmarket  and installing it again

Edited by fenice19
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nemo said:

What (program) did you use to edit default airports?

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/MakeRwys.zip (he wrote 🙂 ).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2